Healthy To Lucid dream

I figured out that you need to be healthy to induce LD, it’s a life style and the LD is the prize.
anyone thinks like me?

I’m not sure I agree, I’ve had Lucid Dreams at times when I was incredibly stressed. In fact the stress itself was responsible for the invocation of the lucid dream. I also wasn’t really eating perfectly at that point in time too, I was working lots and regularly skipping at least one meal per day.

Well, IMHO, GreenDragon. your point doesn’t hold; it’s like saying you’re not sure if going to the gym makes one physically fit, because you can do it by being a robber too and running for your life each night :tongue:

I’ve read of people who would naturally induce LD’s just by changing diet, here’s one notable example. Meditation, positive thinking, physical and mental fitness are all good ways to improve your LD frequency, and are also very enjoyable and positive by themselves :wink:

Very intresting post, thanks :smile:

You don’t need to be healthy but it can help i guess.

All spiritual activities require good health. I know that meditation is almost impossible when one is sick. But lucid dreaming doesn’t require any effort on our part. We just lucid dream. So, I guess that doesn’t require a great deal of physical fitness. You can lucid dream when you are burning with fever too.

Well, for one, we would have to define “healthy”

Because I have had LD’s when I had the flu.

:peek: edit: I should read previous posts better :tongue: dreamerforever also made that point :content:

I also wouldn’t see LD necessarily as the “prize”. On the contrary, I believe LD’s could aid getting healthier :smile:

Yea :smile: I found out that you can eat healthy IRL, and unhealthy in dreams^^ So unless eating fast food in dreams affect your SC to make you fat, you can live your life with lots of unhealthy food (in your dreams) and still be healthy :smile:

I’ve gotta try that lol.
Well you got a point, LDs is a aid, but when you eat healthy food and vitamins you have more chances to dream lucid.

Personally, I find the better I take care of myself the stronger my dream recall and chances for Lucidity become. If I make sure to keep myself focused on living a healthy waking life, my dreaming life becomes that much more prominent.

I don’t know if LDs directly promote health…but for me, knowing that I’m more likely to LD if I stay healthy is certainly one extra reason to promote my own health. You could say that indirectly, through inspiration, Lucid Dreaming helps me keep myself functioning on a wholesome level.

I can’t quite understand what you mean here. As far as I can tell idan stated that he believed you had to be healthy/living healthily to lucid dream, I said I didn’t feel this was necessarily a fact. Obviously in the long term, prolonged unhealthy living will cause your body to breakdown and mess everything up, but in the mid to short term, I’m not convinced the two are tied so tightly together.

This is what I’m querying. I have had two lucid dreams one straight after another as a direct result of stress; during a time that I was neither eating or sleeping properly. (Which I consider unhealthy.) There is an alternate explanation in that, perhaps we expect our lucid dreaming ability to be tied to our health, which causes the effect witnessed. At the time, I focused intently on Lucid dreams. If unhealthy living had an effect I would be inclined to say it happened when it distracted you from focusing properly.

Aside from Lucid dream occurrence, my recall is often improved during periods of stress; but this is due to my dreams becoming much more emotionally charged thus more memorable. (Stress usually accompanies living more unhealthily for me and I consider being stressed, unhealthy.)

Well, I read from idaln’s post that living healthy was one of the (multiple) ways to LD; and what I was saying, GreenDragon, is that you can’t really disprove the theory with your example: both stress and healthy living can be sources of LD’s - the third option here being having a dull, average life.

Well I wasn’t really trying to disprove a theory as such. I was just saying my experiences have contradicted healthy living being prerequisite to Lucid Dreaming; if this wasn’t what was being said, then disregard the first part. :razz:

As for if healthy/unhealthy living is a source of lucid dreams or not, I’m unsure. I’m inclined to believe its related to the underlying beliefs on how it will affect you, more than the actual physical effect of living in a healthy/unhealthy state. Either way that’s just my theory, if nobody else thinks the same way, I’ll just continue to explore it on my own. :tongue:

Noooooo!! :rofl: :colgate:

I think a big part of the health issue is that when you’re healthy, you’re taking care of yourself and more inclined to hope for good things for yourself.