Help with WILD

If my understanding is correct, when you wake up after about five or six hours of sleep for WILD you have to lay completely still from waking up. [left]How do I not move right when I wake up? Every time I have tried, I have this involuntary reaction and jump out of bed to turn off the alarm. My alarm turns off automatically after a little bit but I cant help to get out of bed as soon as it wakes me up. [/left]Any help on how to stay still when waking up would be much appreciated.

From what I am reading you are trying to have a DEILD or something of the nature, trying to wake up with your eyes closed and trick your body into still being asleep?

You have 3 options.

1. Get a snooze option on your alarm clock so it eventually turns off by itself.
  2. Get an app on your phone that has a 1 time alarm. (You can find one easily.)
  3. Actually perform WILD.

By WILDing you can turn your alarm off THEN start the process. Do get out of bed, it allows for your conscious to wake up a bit during the WILD phases!
If you are new to lucid dreaming, don’t try WILD, try something more suited like MILD. I learned the hard way. :sad:

[quote="
skullgunner1"]
From what I am reading you are trying to have a DEILD or something of the nature, trying to wake up with your eyes closed and trick your body into still being asleep?
[/quote]

To me,DEILD seems to be the easiest LDmethod. WILD is something that the most expirienced LDers do. Although I tried this DEILD just one time before (just last night) I got more close to LD than trying to WBTB with WILD or SILD. But if you wake up in the midle of the night, I would recommend SILD and DEILD cuz those two are the most effective to a “noobie” like me and maybe tp you? 4

OFC you do keeo DJ do you? thats the most important thing about LDing. :smile:

Well, ‘not moving’ is helpful insofar as it doesn’t jolt you full of adrenaline. There’s not too much that can be done about that… just kill the alarm and flop back and relax.

I had my first unequivocally successful WILD today, after a lot of failures and a couple of almosts. Amusingly/ironically, I wasn’t even shooting for an LD - I was tremendously, completely lost in my own train of thought in bed, tried moving my arms, and it was like they were made out of concrete. I realized that I was falling asleep, this was sleep paralysis, and it became a crash WILD attempt: don’t get too excited, remain relaxed. Because, honestly, remaining still and relaxed is only the beginning of the WILD chase (my stumbling point had previously been the zooming/vibrating/white light that seems to accompany the transition to the dream state).