How long does yours last?

Hey, I was wondering how long an average LD lasts for you guys? I’ve had a about 4 now, but I end up thinking too much about trying not to wake up so I wake up- arrrggh! I know they can be prolonged, and would love to be lucid for at least 5 minutes straight. So -What are some LD durations that you guys have had?

In the beginning, mine would feel like they lasted anything from 5 seconds to 10 minutes. Nowadays, they feel like they last about an hour or so. In “real time” I think it’s shorter though, because I woke up at 7:00 once, went back to sleep, had what felt like a 1 hour long LD. When I woke up it was only 7:17 though.

My average duration is about 2 minutes. But I’ve had recently rather long LD’s, for instance 25 minutes. As Olesia said, it feels even longer cause you’re more present and focused on things than IRL.

Wow! That’s awesome those are very long times from what I thought I would hear. How long did it take you guys to have dreams that long? I mean you must need a lot of dream control right?

Recently, my long ones have been about an hour, average ones 15 minutes, and short ones about 5 minutes. When I first started out, they were terribly short, though, and I still have some 10 second ones nowadays.

This is the best technique that I’ve found for prolonging dreams (spinning and hand rubbing don’t work nearly as well for me).

It didn’t take too long for me to have some decent-length ones, maybe a couple months. And a lot of the short ones are my own fault…
:nuu: :cheer: :love:
…if you know what I mean. :tongue:

About two years. I began to practice seriously LD’ing when I discovered the forum. Before I had about 2 LD’s a year.

As for me, I don’t think it’s dream control. The prolonging technique I use in order not to lose lucidity is staring at my hands from time to time. It’s not hard at all to look at your hands, everybody can do this. In these last LD’s, it seems it became sort of automatic and I focused regularly on something due to the content of the dream. :eh:

My lucid dreams last around a half hour or so usually but it often feels like several in the dream due to assumptions about time.

It took me about 5 months to reach the point of being able to have lucid dreams on demand and from there it did not take long to improve dream length vividness

One dream i had seemed like 3hours in dream world. It was really long. I dont remember to muhc though but it was really really long. :grin:

My longest LD its about 8 minutes and shortest around 3 seconds.

Depends how lucid I am, If I’m at a level that is only just aware that I am dreaming but don’t have (or choose to increase lucidity in anyway) - the dream goes on until the dream is over, which needless to say can vary greatly.

On the other hand if I have a high level of lucidity and take control of any aspect then the dream is shorted considerably. The more I try to control the shorter the dream will last before I wake up.

I think the longest I had with a high level of Lucidity was around the 20minute mark, maybe more. But all the rest with a similar level were no more than 8 minutes or so.

Im only a beginner so most have been very short. Longest so far was probably 4-5 minutes.

Out of 50 LDs, average length is around 2 minutes.
Longest are between 10 and 15 minutes.

Its hard to really estimate length of longer LDs, even shorter LDs, often have to guess how long they are.

So far my stabilizing techniques are poor. Only success has been with staying still on awakening, and then re-entering dream state.

In 14 dreams, my lucidity faded into false awakening or ND so these could have been longer if I had kept focus better.

My last and longest LD lasted something about 2 minutes :cool_laugh: As I’m at the beggining if LD Journey, I want to ask you this people:

How much time did your longest LD last???

Well, my longest LD was 3hours! :grin: Seemed like it. Took forever till it ended. :neutral: Although when i woke up i was very excited that it lasted 3 hours. I dont even think i was sleeping for 3 hours but its cool. :content:

Gah, you people are very lucky :sad:

I can’t wait until I have my first! I will need to contain my excitement and prolong it as much as possible!!

Hey hootie! When you have yours you probably will wake up after… some seconds! Happened this when I had mine! My two firsts LD were liki that: a Flash! No time to spin or rub my hands… :tongue:

But in my third one it was ok! It last for about 2 minutes…
So do not worry about to contain ur excitation at the first moment, because it’s really a waste of time! But when you got some experience your LD naturally will last longer! :content:

The length it took for me was about a week and a half. I didnt really try to make it 3 hours it just happened. Well I wish everyone GoodLuck!!! :thumbs:

Godd luck for all!! Maybe your next dream last forever!!?? :eek:

wow 3 hours! how vivid was it? if it was as vivid as reality that would be just perfect. 3 hours of doing whatever you want

3 hours…Are you sure it didn’t just seem like a very long dream because typically REM sleep doesn’t last for more than an hour. It’s not impossible but it is uncommon. Also how vivid of a dream was it?