How to prolong LD?

Yes it is normal, as for things you can do to prolong dream; try spinning or rubbing your hands whith your focus on the sensations of the action (i.e. feeling heat and friciton of hands). If you’re lucidity is too low you can always shout “Increase lucidity now”

GOOD LUCK :mrgreen_hat:… I get so excited when I realise. :hyper:

I have the same problem I had 6 lucid dreams out of 8 where i am kick out of my dream and force to wake up it all started when i changed my RC so i am chageing back hope it helps

What do you both mean by “kicked out”, is that waking up or is it as if you are snapped into wakefulness?

well for me i am “kicked” out and I am sent into this white room where I float for lets see 9 seconds and i loose lucidity :confused:

By kicked out I mean the whole dream stops and at the same time it fades and then I am wide awake. Very annoying for me.

Before this, I thought my subconcious was trying to keep me from becoming lucid!
Kind of like sirens go off and red lights flash . . . (But they actually don’t.)

Definitly try something like spinning or rubbing your hands, anything to focus on senstations of the dream, it refocuses your brain and gets it back to dreaming. Finally make sure that your emotions are stable if you’re really excited there is a good chance you will wake up.

I think the staying still if you get kicked out is the most valueable technique ive learned. I have entered a dream after being kicked out up to dozens of times. Just stay calm and the scene should come back.

On another note, I used to have this exact problem. I came to understand it was a self-fulfilling prophecy that I was waking up. I think the mistake is thinking, if you think your going to wake up you will. Also, at the time, my goal was merely to get lucid. THat goal was all i focused on and when eventually I did get lucid, thousands of thoughts would flood my brain and made me pause. I think its important to have a checklist because if you stop thinking about the dream itself for a prolonged period of time, youll wake up. NExt time make a storyline or something and just go with the dream.

Thanks everyone I will try rubbing my hands. :happy:

Remember: focus on the sensation of your hands like the friction and heat, just plain rubbing for the sake of rubbing probably won’t do much good.

No! New problem now :confused:

I had an LD and was ready to go to a relaxing beach but suddenlythe dream ended.I became Lucid though about what to do for a second and then i decied to go to the beach thats when i closed my eyes and opening them I was still in the same place then after that I started feeling my real body and woke up. I had patience but getting really annyed :grrr:

Closing your eyes and opening could accidently cause you to wake up. Instead try spinning, seeing the blurr of colors around, while knowing that when you stop, you’ll be at the beach. Or open a door expecting that the beach is behind it.

Another thing to try is covering your eyes with your hand and knowing you’ll be at the beach.

I have gotten a impression that its too many posts about how you get lucid, and not many on what to do while you are lucid, so what helps you to stay lucid for as long as possible?

Thaaat’s right. My typical fault. Sometimes i just somehow “know” that i have a lot of time. That felleng happens mostly when i am getting lucid at beginning of dream. But when dream lasted for long time before i got lucid, i often have feeling of being in hurry. Leads to FA’s, akwenings, losing lucidicy and another not-good stuff.

So, leaving rubbing hands, spinning, etc. My best way to stay lucid in dream is to get more lucid (by doing lucid stuff you can do olny while being lucid in dream) to remember that im olny dreaming, and i can do lucid stuff. A closed circle :tongue:. (cookie, for first one who’ll understand it :cookiemon:)

I understand it (can I have the cookie now?.. I like a cookie) doing “lucid” stuff keeps me lucid too, but when that doesn’t work I rub my hands together.

My best way of staying lucid as long as i can is just by playing out the dream, i have jet to change the dreamsetting, and if i find it to be night, i say i will wake up when it gets to moring. But gash the morning came faster then expected.

Tried to make a “LD-delayer-pill” with no success, got jumped by some DC’s removing it from my hand. And thrown out of the dream.

Best way for me must be to just ‘know’ the dream will last long, and not trying to hurry doing things.

*gives cookie to Gyth *

For the past few dreams I had the ability to go lucid, but I denied it because I wanted to ride the dream out. Call me stupid all you want, but they were pretty sweet. Even cooler after I went back to “sleep”.

Well now it does that everytime automatically. Do you have any idea how I can make it not do that?

I have no idea what you just asked for…

I merged your thread into the big “How to stay lucid” topic since I assume you mean that you become lucid, but then your lucidity starts to fade away. If it is not let me know and I can remove it out of the topic again [=

When you become lucid and you want to stay lucid you could rub your hands. At the same time you tell yourself that you’re dreaming. You could also scream out loud “Increase lucidity!” Believe that your lucidity will increase and it will.