How's this for an interesting topic?

Certainly is an interesting topic. :grin: It is difficult to know exactly what to believe.
I don’t think that there are parallel universes; I think we are just making history as we live our lives and that we all have free will. Each time we make a decision we are changing our future (but not creating multiple universes). I don’t believe that our future has already been decided for us. We can influence each others lives by the way we interact (or not), but we are not ‘destined’ to do things.

But of course that is just my personal opinion :content:

Who knows ?

What if it was our destiny to have free will? A paradox i think?

Just a thought.

ceavou, if it is our fate to have free will, then you are saying you BELIEVE in fate. If fate exists, how can we have free will? :wink:

i see what you are saying Zaerus

this is great for my no philosophy 100 class

So you are saying I’m helping you with your school classes? Cool! Is there any other way you can use this site to help with any of your other classes?

You think and you dont like the idea that you have no control over your life.(if fate exists)  It doesnt change anything unless you have seen it before and you have the choice to change it.

So by me chosing not to believe in free will doesn’t neccessarily mean it was fate that I thought so. You chose to believe in fate, and that means you have no control over your life(even though in reality you do)

Our fate might be CREATION.Point of living might be CREATION.What you do you create,what you think you create.Evaluation is creating and changing.
This way both points are true-there is a fate ,but on the same time we influence that.
You can also say that life is experiencing-actually same thing like creation.What if everything is allready known-lets elaborate-our destination is to become higher being,our fate is to die and become one.That leaves one answer-live is only for experiencing-cold,warm,high,low,ugly,beautifull,…so on so on.Even if you dont believe in afterlife and such-still only point in life would be experiencing/creating.
What for?Cuz if you loose your body there will be chance to feel anything what you dont allready know.If you never experienced pain and misery,your spirit will have no idea what it feels to be happy.More-it will never be able to feel happy.
just a point of view.

I felt like i said that, but it sounded really good Jack coming from your avatar. That is how i feel in the same persona, but more . It sounds strange that fate exist, but we all face it everyday. Its really hard to explain if you get into depth, but i like how it ended by saying, its just your point of view! and thats how we react, from what we have been through and what we have seen.

This has probably already been said, but… If there is such thing as fate and you don’t think there is and try to control it, then its you’re fate to do that, so theres really no way of escaping it. The thing I don’t like about these type of discussions is that no matter how much you talk about, you’ll never find the true answer. Maybe we’ll find out the answer right when the universe has finished expanding and then it will collapse again and we’ll start all over again.

I rest my case, its sounds about right to me, but my questions is? What gives you the same point of view? What intentions brought this to conclusion, because for myself its hard to say.

well ask yourself… why should there be fate? :bounce:

NB - this post has not been thought about

Hmmm… I see now. It is fate we should argue about this and fate I shan’t believe in fate. Ohwell, I’ll spend my efforts on more important projects now. :cool:

i really do not believe in fate either. some put fate in the context of what you do throughout life is what leads up to fate.
happenstance interferes with what ever direction you follow and its defined as fate.
if you do alot of work to reach a certain goal and it comes down to one person deciding if you get the job, gig or relationship then whos fate is it. your fate or his. what it his to have you or was it yours to be a part of the operation itself. everyones fate conflicts with everyone elses making it totally unbalanced and results in things like luck, coincidence and happenstance. fate is b.s.

something interfered with what i was trying to edit where it says “what it his” should be “was it his”.

i suck

I have found a way to prove FATE! Its called the dollar trick. This is just an example that fate exists. I don’t remeber how to put the shape of the dollar bill(ask someone for assistance,that knows obviously), but if you figure it out, it gives a surprise most americans won’t like(including Me!) One side has the twin towers on fire, and if you flip it to the other side, its the pentagon on fire. All of this is located on the dollar bill, the reason why i bring this matter up, is b/c how did something like this end up on the dollar bill. Its illustrated before it even happened, and we could not control it. Im sorry for using the tragedy of 9-11 for example, but that was the best way to show you why i think fate is true. Once i figure out how to fold the dollar in its position, i will make a post of it. Sorry

yeah, if you fold it a certain way it LOOKS like that.

trying to control “fate” is not fate, its a decision

Morpheus: Do you believe in fate, Neo?
Neo: No.
Morpheus: Why not?
Neo: Because I don’t like the idea that I’m not in control of my life.
Morpheus: I know exactly what you mean.

Fate is being broken everyday just like gravity. It is my choice to not choose fate, hmmm.

It may be your belief in fate, but you may then ask yourself what are “beliefs” themselves. Have fun with that.