I don't think I even dream...

Everyone has dreams, you just dont remember them. Have you started a dream journal?

Once I started mine my recall became better within 1-2 weeks.

Yup, start by writing anything… thoughts, images, sounds… slowly it’ll increase and you’ll get little scenes… before you know it, BAM, you’ll be remembering full dreams!

read the big remembering dreams topics … the latest one is here ld4all.com/forum/viewtopic.p … highlight=
and make sure you are getting enough sleep :smile: and give yourself a little quiet time when you first wake up to try to capture any dream memories

oh and welcome to LD4all :wave:

Mike, when you say sounds images and thoughts, do you mean from real life or from dreams, becuase if you mean dreams then i will have no luck with that

Hey, when i first started, i never dreamed, atleast i thought i didnt. But even if u slightly remember the color blue…thats it, even right that down. If it is just blackness(like most people say), Simply right down how you felt, and if you can’t remember that, right down how long u think it lasted. Anything, literally anything will help dream recall

I’m confused O_o. What do you mean how i felt? When i fall asleep i instatly wake up, and no matter how much i do or do not think about it, i cant recall dreams

Tell yourself before you go to bed that you WILL remember your dream. It may not work for a week or two, but if you do it every night, really set your mind to it, the results will come.

I was always lucky enough to remember dreams pretty well, but I know people who never remember their dreams. Seriously, just keep your mind strong, and eventually your subconscious will pick it up!

Contage is right, write down ANYTHING you remember from the night before… and write it down right away. If you wake up in the middle of the night with the smallest piece of information, don’t roll over and go back to sleep! Write it down, even if it seems so small as to be pointless.

Nictheman is is also right. You have to stop telling yourself that you don’t remember your dreams. I seem to be pointing out my signature a lot lately! But, believe you can remember your dreams or believe you can’t; either way, you’re right.

Start small and build. Tell yourself before bed and during the day that you WILL remember your dreams. Write down anything you see/think/feel during the night. You’ll surprise yourself by remembering small details at first. They may seem so small as to not matter, but it’ll grow from there.

Yes, you do dream. This information is probably all over the place here on this site, but still:

1. Start out with autosuggestion:
    Tell yourself, every night as you go to sleep, that you will remember everything you dreamt during the night when you wake up. Repeat this right until you fall asleep, and try to focus on what you’re saying. This is how you should start out if you never have any dream recall. It may take weeks for you, but this will eventually work. This is probably the key point for you to do, since you currently have no recall.

2. When you wake up in the morning it is VERY important that you don’t jump straight out of the bed. Don’t even change position at once. Lie completely still and try to remember. It’s preferred that you sleep until you wake up by yourself (don’t by an alarm). Also note that the longer you sleep will increase your chances of remembering dreams. So try to do this in the weekends at least.
    This may sound odd, but it is actually quite important.

3. Keep a diary (or voice recorder) by your bed. This way you will be able to write down what you remember the first time you actually remember something (a feelin, a colour, anything). And you need to write it down before you get out of bed. Even experienced dreamers somtimes find that the dream that was so vivid whan they woke up is gone just minutes later. Keeping a dream diary will help you remember dreams better once you actually begin to remember anything at all.

Doing all these things might seem as a bit of a hassle, but some people have to put a lot of effort into it to remeber their dreams.

Keep us updated, if you remember a dream tell us mate, we can party with you :content: :content:

I see there is no point in replying seeing as everyone has already offered you a lot of help (Well done guys :ok: ). When you feel like it, why don’t you introduce yourself in the Big “Hi, I’m New Here!” Topic?

You can meet old members and new members.

You should try reading a book or something before you go to bed. You absorb all the information by having it said to yourself in your mind and you’re also having a visual. Whenver I read a book before I go to bed, I usually have a dream that has something to do with the book. It might not work for you, but you can always give it a try. :slight_smile: