I tried Galantamine for the first time last night

When using galantamine the biggest problem I have is falling back to sleep.
I also have 3 or 4 false awakenings. They seem so real I forget to do a RC.
Galantamine stays in your system of about 48 hours. and its best to wait
another 48 hours. For your system to return to normal. so to make sure
you don’t build up tolerance its best to wait at least 4 days between attempts.
But you can take some Piracetam after each attempt to counteract the galantamine.
Then you can use galantamine every other night. Without any desensitiztion.

Yeah, I don’t understand why, but as soon as i take the pills it seems it takes longer to fall back asleep.

Im glad im not the only one having the issue.

Since it has been 2 days I decided to try taking the supplements again, Since I was seeing absolutely no dream recall for the 2 days i did not.

I had gotten up at 6 o clock, Took 2 pills then went to sleep.

It took me 15 mins to get back to sleep because my stomach instantly started getting upset at me. I got to sleep and had a Long dream. Halfway through I became lucid after the dream I woke up and it was around 7:18.

The LD i had is below:

[spoiler]I was somehow hanging at my school outside the balcony when all the sudden this french teacher told me to get down, I was climbing down the railing and was told to come into this classroom, I did and i started to tear up because this teacher was wanting my name and to see my school ID, My spanish teacher was in the room she stook up for me and i stayed there for a few minutes and sat down, as i was sitting, people were talking to me, saying things in spanish, I was able to understand a few things and respond. (lucid after this part) I slowly realise that im no longer in school and that its summer, So how could I be in school, OH because its a dream! I walk outside and do an RC to double check, The first thing I try is flying, I jumped really high but nothing was happening I decided to go upstairs to jump off and try, i didnt take the stairs but took the elevator instead; There was tons of people in the hallway and the elevator was annoying and different, I pressed the top button which was unlabled and brown, and you had to stick your hand through a hole to get it, I looked at the DC’s in the elevator they were students that i remember from last school year, The elevator took a massive time trying to go up 3 flights of stairs, I noticed there was an IBM type computer LCD in the left panel showing some type of line graph that wasent working, and that above the section where the button hole was it had some freaked out LCD which assured me that I was still dreaming because it wouldnt show an appropriate floor, it was showing random numbers and symbols every few seconds. after 3 or so minutes it got to that floor, I was talking to the dreamcharacters FOR CRYING OUT LOUD: F**K I SHOULD HAVE TAKEN THE STAIRS! then the doors opened and the third floor balcony was TOTALLY different than real life, it had some catwalk to the other balcony; ETC.
As i was walking out about to jump I noticed my friend DJ walking past, I started yelling to him that im about to jump and fly because its a dream, he was minding his own business talking to girls :razz:, I was kinda scared about jumping off and realised that might have just costed me my lucidity, Then I swallowed that fear because it was a dream and that nothing bad or costly could have happened to me! I jumped and BAM no flight, I felt like i fell 2 feet onto my knees but i really saw myself fall 3 flights… NO pain what so ever! I kinda got bored trying to fly I was very aggravated with it so I left to go steal a car from the parking lot, As I was leaving i lost my lucidity and somehow I ether teleported or the dream transformed because i went through a room seeing alot of movie stars(the cast of star-trek) I patted spock on the back on the way out and he said something about old friend, I was like OOookay and left for the parkinglot. the minute I went through that door the dream faded and I then became into a third person view of a allstate commercial? wth?[/spoiler]

Two nights ago I tried a Galantamine/Choline pill for the first time, and used it again last night.

I’ve literally had the most amazing experiences ever since the pills. The first night my dreams were absolutely ridiculously vivid, and in the dream I was very much in control of my own actions ( not just following the dream story, but conciously deciding to do things, even though I wasn’t lucid)

( Which I have a question about, I just don’t understand why i didn’t become lucid, when I was so damn concious in the dream, and totally deciding at every chance I got, to fly)

And then last night, I had the craziest false awakenings!! This sort of thing kept going on and happening over and over for several hours. Where I could have sworn I had gotten up and started my day, only to truly wake up several minutes later.

One example was the freakiest one of all. I could have sworn I heard my mother knock on my bedroom door, I woke up startled, and opened my eyes. She said " did you throw up yet?" ((???) Which I thought was totally weird for her to ask, and I said something like “no, i haven’t vomited, and I don’t even need to!”. Next I could have sworn I heard her shuffling around in my room, my ears were paying attention, and heard her shuffle over the carpet back to the door and close it.

Few minutes later, I woke up, and was still confused whether this actually occurred or not. I could have sworn I had used my mouth to talk to her, everything was so real. But then I started realizing maybe I was just dreaming the entire thing.

I had many things like this happen, some FA that were kind of long and thorough, before I actually woke up and realized I hadn’t been up at all.

Just crazy stuff.!! I am so excited about this pill!

I know this will give me so much success in my attempts to gain lucidity!

Wow nice! Ive decided to quit for a week or two because brilliantdreams stopped working for me… Even with taking them every 2 days i got results but after the 4th time it stopped working… Placebo maybe?

I think your staying awake for 2 hours was the major cause of your vivid dreams.
This normally happens to me if my sleep is interupted in this way, because when you return to sleep, you sleep ‘lighter’ so obtain lucidity much easier.

I tried it again 2 nights ago, I got alot more dream recall than normally and got alot of dream fragments… I could also sware I had become lucid in one of these dreams but I dont exactly remember…

I have the exact same thing! I use the “lucid Dreamer pill” which combined Galantamine with Choline and everytime I wake up I remember so many fragments of all kinds of dreams. IN fact, I remember so much random stuff that are not related at all, it’s hard to remember everything before I’ve finished writing it down! Usually I will be writing about some bits, and during that time I will forget three other non-related bits from other dreams that night.

Also, YES!!! About the lucid dream thing! I swear I keep on being lucid in dreams, and then I just hardly remember when I wake up, or it just goes right past me.

Also, I’ve been having trouble attaining PURE LUCIDITY: I’ve just been AWARE I was dreaming, Like hey this is a dream so just fly and you can fix whatever problem is arising in this dream! But, if I were completely lucid, I would realize WAIT A MINUTE! I don’t even HAVE to fix this problem, or even be stuck in this dream at all! I can do all kinds of things. So It’s like I only reach this lower level of lucidity. Dammit!!

I bought the lucid dreamers pill after reading this thread, will be updating with some dreams perhaps? I can hope =D

Got the pill today. Will be taking one after a few hours of sleep!

Using several of the recommendations elucidated in Advanced Lucid Dreaming: The Power of Supplements by Yuschak.

5-HTP…I take a smaller dose, on occasion, because of my sensitivity…50 mg knocks me out pretty handily. And then, several hours laters, DEFinitely more profound, intense dreaming because of the “REM-rebound” as he calls it. 5-HTP suppresses REM sleep in the first half of the night and then, when it wears off after about 4-5 hours, the body makes up for it…in spades! Recommended to be taken just before going to bed at night…to ensure rebound REM dreaming in the morning.

Mucuna Pruriens…contains high levels of naturally occuring L-Dopa…recommended to be taken 3-4 hours before awakening. Just as he’s indicated, Mucuna does engender highly aggressive dreams…dreams within which the dreamer might undergo some intense chase sequence or fight of some sort but within which there is no fear whatsoever. I had this very experience the first night I took it! About an hours after taking the Mucuna, I had a dream that I was being chased by some bizarre special forces operative…a chase sequence with all the intensity and speed of a Jason Bourne movie. And, just as Ysuchak predicted, there was absolutely no fear…no stress…in the dream at all. In fact, I was having the time of my life running from these horrible men. It felt like a big game to me :happy: At one point, I had scampered up to the back porch of some old house in some strange neighborhood and turned to see my pursuers hot on my heels. Ingenuity kicked in, I began ripping old wooden slats from the railing beside me and throwing them, like a gatlin gun, with almost surreal speed and agility. The pieces of wood flew with such precision that they managed to lodge themselves, all in a row in between two horizontal surfaces that the chasers happened to be running through, effectively forming a picket-fence wall right there in front of them. It was so perfect…so outrageous…I had to laugh at how the whole “movie” was coming together in seamless choreography.

Very strange :smile: No lucidity, but definitely exciting beyond belief. It’ll be interesting combining Mucuna with some of the other supplemental triggers he mentions in the book. But first…to try Choline GPC and Galantamine again (took only half the dose first time…just to ge careful)

I tried Galantamine for bodybuilding a year or so ago and I remember when I was on it I noticed my lucid dream frequency increased. I didn’t believe this was the culprit though, even though I highly suspected it could be. Haha that explains it.

8mg of galantamine is a very high dose for starting out, I’d recommend 2mg or 4mg max. for first time and always do your research on these herbs before taking them.

Ok…YESSSsssss! Success with supplements early this morning. As per Yuschak, using galantamine as a primary trigger without adding other supplements. He recommends galantamine + choline combination which is formulated as a single supplement with many companies…I’m using Galantamind, which has galantamine 4mg, choline 100mg and vit. B5 100mg). 4 nights ago tried the smaller recommended dose of the two recommended by Yuschak (he’ll take from 4-8 mg galantamine) using just 1 capsule. Clear dreams, but no lucidity. Afterwards, gave it the requisite several days off to ward off desensitization issues. Last night, slept peacefully for about 6 hours, woke up and took 2 capsules (8 mg galantamine) to see what would happen…waited for about 30 min.s to incorporate WBTB element and to give the supplement a chance to diffuse…to “ride the wave” so to speak as the acetylcholine levels ramped up while simultaneously relaxing into sleep adding to the potential for a WILD. Sure enough, I felt the supplement working its magic…a subtle “blooming” feeling within my consciousness and then a beautiful flush of icy-cool sensation through my body (a sensation I’ve come to love which seems to be associated with “transcendant” states of awareness). Initially I went in and out of several short lucid dreamlet/transitional HI scenarios, one of which was perversely/deliciously :woo: sexual to be frank, coming back to my body lying in bed each time. And then…it happened. I stayed relaxed and patient, avoid any thoughts/feelings of frustration, laying on my right side with eyes closed…and soon felt a strong, rhythmic surging sensation which eventually coupled with a throbbing, intense vibrational sensation which rolled through my whole being in unrelenting waves. I’ve felt this many times before, always precipitating OBE-type experiences, so I managed to curb my excitement, although I could feel my respirations begin accelerate. The intensifying vibrations gathered momentum and I soon felt my perception of self “fluff” out…expand and lift beyond my reclining body. My eyes were closed the whole time but, with a sensation of fog clearing, the darkness cleared and I could see the wall and bedstand with my clock and lamp through the closed lids. The feeling continued to develop and I slowly separated from my body and began a slow (almost funny, it was so slow! like a Thanksgiving day parade balloon slowly turning :smile: ) roll out of my body and onto the floor! I managed to “sit up” a little and could see myself sleeping there in the bed along with my wife beside me. Unfortunately, I didn’t have the energy on this particular ride to get up and get busy (which is usually required if I’m able to move around. I’ve found if I stand still too long when out of body in my apartment, I tend to lose lucidity. Typically, if I can, I try to calmly but purposefully get out of the apartment as quickly as I can in order to stabilize the dream-state). I sat there, beached, on the floor for a few minutes enjoying the gift for what it was, and then “awoke” again in my body few moments later.

I was able to have a few more smooth and crystal clear lucid dreamlets upon remaining lying in bed afterwards, one of which was an intense scene of my flying with several other “warriors” through the sky on a beautiful clear day, white clouds streaking by. We were skimming along the colossal vine-like trees that had grown impossibly long and large, like gargantuan organic ropes, through the air (think Jack and the Beanstalk, James Camerron style :smile: ). We seemed to be on some mission, diving-flying toward some uknown objective at break-neck speeds. The dream was brief, with me awakening a few moments later, feeling elated and refreshed.

Booyah! Give my system a chance to clear the galantamine, and will experiment again in a few days…and by happy to report my results :woo: [/i]

Ok…wow! Another point for the galantamine/choline blend. Had another OBE/WILD type dream this a.m…stronger, more enduring than the last one. I’ll put the details in my dreaming journal. So that’s 2 WILD’s in one week using the supplement supported method. Very enouraging results!

:grin:

I had a similar first time experience. I did an 8mg dose of Galantamine last night (brand Galantamind) which includes 100mg of Choline per pill, so 200mg total. I added an extra 200mg of Choline bitartrate separately. I had the experience just like Ryan Hurd describes at https://dreamstudies.org/galantamine-review-lucid-dreaming-pill/

For anyone new and considering this - I recommend reading his review, and taking his advice - be prepared with “set and setting”, and if sleep paralysis freaks you out, be ready to respond.

It worked. Went to bed at 11:30, woke up at 2am. Took the doses, started a WBTB. Entered sleep paralysis, tried to stay calm and remember my intent. Woke up in my bed, in a lucid dream. Woke up again around 5am, and tried another WBTB but did not get it. Then woke up finally at 8:30 and felt sorta crappy until the afternoon. I took some Piracetam to counter the effects. I’ll probably wait a week to try again.

This thread is from quite a while ago but I found it a very interesting read. I’m curious to further look into both the galantamine/choline supplements and the book mentioned by a couple people here.

My main question that no one has seemed to answer in a thread before is: do those people who have success with galantamine induced LDs find themselves having reduced success in attaining lucidity on nights where no supplements were taken? Sincerely curious to hear about peoples’ experiences with this. While I love herbs and supplements, my biggest concern is always if my LDing success will become dependant on the use of the substances.

That is as valid point. I can’t point you at resources but in the back of my head I vaguely remember somebody reporting (probably was from a Youtuber or podcast, or actually read somewhere on here) that this is not the case, at least if you moderate your use. I wouldn’t give this statement too much credit, but maybe it helps you by giving some orientation.

I personally have never taken any supplements (unless bananas count :banana:) to help me with lucid dreaming, so I can’t give any advice from myself.

Haha do bananas help?! :laughing:

But thank you, I will see if I can come up with anything more about it. I would agree that I wouldn’t expect problems like that if you limited your use to once a week or less.

For me bananas don’t seem to have a measurable effect. Getting good sleep for example has a much bigger impact.

Yes, and a consistent sleep schedule!