If you die in a dream, do you die in real life?

Dying in a dream can be kind of fun. Once I got to be a ghost, once I reincarnated 4 or 5 times (and lived all those lives, the same guy kept killing me, very odd) once I just picked my life back up and they had a party for me because I came back to life. Try it, maybe you’ll get to go to heaven!

We should ask this question to the Baron of Munchausen, who died so many times IRL, and is still there to tell how he died. :grin:
I died many times during dreams. Generally, then you dream you’re a ghost, or the story changes, or you stay a little bit in the dream, believing you’re dead and wake up a few time after that etc.

There was another thread about the same topic. I’ll try to find it out and merge them, so you can see more answers. :smile:

I have died quite a few times in dreams… Still around to tell about it.

[size=75]The Rev wrote:[/size]

My mom used to say the same thing :content:

One night I had 3 dreams in which I died 3 different ways. I might be a ghost, but I get the feeling that I’m still alive…
:smile:

I didn’t manage to find it. :sad:

I did :tongue:

Topic on dying in dreams:

https://community.ld4all.com/t/dying-in-your-dream/12491

and another related one, on being shot, is here:

https://community.ld4all.com/t/ever-been-shot/9469

This will be moved into stuff dreams are made of from now, since thats where it belongs.

I have heard that if you die in your dreams you can or might die in real life?

How could such a thing possibly be known? I mean, you can’t just ask dead people what they were dreaming as they died.

I’ll quote Waking life…

“Lets say you find yourself walking in a dream parking lot; and yes, those are dream feet, inside dream shoes, part of your dream self. and so the image you see before you cannot be who you truly are; It is an image, a mental model.”

The “you” that dies in your dreams isn’t really you, but your mental projection of what you think you are, thus, dying in your dreams has no effect on your waking self (physically, anyway)

BUT, it could happen as an odd possibility.

I don’t think it’s impossible. Certainly if you truely believe you will die and your mind fails, you might die. But don’t you think your brain is equipped to make sure that that doesn’t happen? If we are “allowed” to have dreams, I’m sure we would be evolved enough to have a risk free experience. Dying in dreams would only show you the truth of what might be happening in real life with something. Dream interpretation.

But I guess if you were sleep walking, while having a dream, and you managed to jump off a roof or second story, I guess you might get yourself killed :wink:

Or if you were dying of something else and felt the same dying experience in your dream.

If I had a dollar for every time I died in a dream, I would be a rich rich man :content:

Indeed, the earliest dream I can remember happened when I was about 7 or so, and a steamroller ran over me, but all that happened was that I awoke.

Every time I have died in a dream, the result have only been waking up. Sometimes in uncomfortable SP, but always waking up.

Yeah, I have died in my dreams many times too, my cousin was over her, I’m really getting her into LD, and she kept asking me about dying in dreams, I kept telling her that I was pretty sure you can’t actually die IRL from a dream, but some crazy 1 out of 1000000000000 coincidence could happen. But interesting outlooks on it.

Topic moved to “Stuff Dreams are made of” and merged to a thread about the same question: “Do you die when you die in dreams?”

I’ve died a lot of times in dreams. Sometimes I wake up, sometimes the dream continues and I’m a ghost. You can find similar reports in this more general thread about dying in dreams:
https://community.ld4all.com/t/dying-in-your-dream/12491

I love being shot in dreams. I get that famous “bullet spray” the way they do in movies and the force of the bullets keeps my body from falling to the ground and in my mind I am thinking, “Ok, I can die now. Ok, I can die NOW. OK, how about…NOW?” And the bullets just keep coming and I keep waiting to die. Finally when the moment comes I wake up.
If you die in your dreams will you die in real life?
If you eat food will you die in real life?
If you go to sleep will you die in real life?
If you live life will you die in real life?
Well, yes. Eventually.
But does it happen simultaneously with the dream? Not every time you dream you die, but maybe when people die in their sleep they dream of it.
I hope so. I mean, I want to be conscious one way or another for my death. Too much of an important moment to be unaware of.

Honestly can anyone really say for sure? Because if you are dead you can’t come back and say…wow I died because I was having this realistic dream and I fell off a cliff and…

Anyways…I have committed LD suicide numerous times. Just to kind of see what would happen. And I’m still around so I definitely don’t believe that you will die in real life if you die in your dreams but that’s just from my personal experience.

I used to be a firm believer that NO ONE would die in real life if they died in their dreams and used to give people crap for believing otherwise. But that was before I knew a young person who died in their sleep and there was no cause at all that any doctors would find. Now, why some people inexplicably die in their sleep? Honestly I don’t know but it causes me to believe that maybe there is more to this than some of us might think.

Aquanina, ppl can die in their sleep but cannot die because they were dying in their dreams.