LC #24, Final Task: Make Dream Characters Lucid!

E3’s a video game convention where they make announcements of new games/tech etc.

It’s on G4 TV.

I’ve been getting more LDs, so I will try it! Hopefully I got given wings for the last task :happy:

ha ha

swimming is a fun thing to do

you have to know you can breathe the water but that does not feel right does it ? so you say , in a dream of course, well, perhaps it is air that i am breathing, that feels better for me anyhow anyhoo howdy hoodey ho ! :happy:

I totally forgot to breath when I was under water! The scenery was so spectacular that all I could do was look around in awe.

Oops, I didn’t give a link :shy: . Here you go.

Had a medium low-lucid where I was in a strange house, where everyone would run around in panic, yet I was calm because I knew it was my dream, and I would just calmly collect my stuff that was scattered around. The best part was when I used an Accio ala Harry Potter to recover my pencilcase from upstairs ^^ I gradually lost lucidity after that.

Also, yay exploring the depths of the ocean! :content: Riding the back of a whale underwater was pretty awesome (we were 4 people on a single one of 5 whales), and so was the dark and giant cave-like scenery.
Our group of whales had encountered an old enemy (a true abomination of the deep oceans, named the Black Anguish or similar, essentially a giant black-back, white-belly ball monster, of one hundred+ meters in diameter! O_o
It dwarfed our whales in comparison, and could in fact kill them by sheer impact. But our whales team had a strategy already devised, that would get us rid of this encounter. But first, we had to enter the belly of our whale, cause we had run out of breath :tongue: and inside we could use the whale’s oxygen.
So, while I (or better, Fox McCloud :lol:) had nothing to do, I thought I could tinker a little with the control room of the animal ^^ and went inside and played a little with levers. I took control of the whale this way for a little while, before waking up.
There were also, in the middle of that, some hilarious meta scenes, like Falco on video trying to help me figure out the right buttons, and pointed a particular lever on my left, to which Fox’s response: “I’m pretty sure you could use the A button to tell me that.” Like that was their standard issue, giving out tutorials :rofl: poor guys.
Ah, but my humor is pretty strange and geeky, don’t mind me. :peek:

Okay, just calculating some points here. The task is still going so don’t mind me. :tongue:

tosxyChor: Revisit a Dream Location | 30 lucid + 20 early + 85 places(bioshock rooms, house, ocean) = 135 pts + 75 LD (1 medium + 1 chain + 2 small)
=210 pts
| then more LD points + Internet | 20 combo + 25 internet +40 sites/pages (initial video and I gave you +10 points each for remembering the content of the videos) + 60 (2 medium) = 145 pts
Yeah, I know my calculations look pretty disorganized. I assure you, they’re more organized on my Excel sheet. :tongue:

EDIT: Swimming task | 20 early + 40 technique (whale + bonus)= 60 pts| Gave you 10+ for originality of the technique. :cool:

idanl09: Do you count 3 minutes as medium? Short? I think some of you are still used to tosxy’s rules. :tongue:
/me assumes medium
| 30 lucid + 20 early + 25 places(school) + 30 LD = 105 pts |
Then your lucid moment. | +10 LD |

Mimmo0: The very short LD I’ll count as short instead of lucid moment. There’s a fine line.
/me blames the alarm clock :tongue:

KauaiDreamer
: Maybe the WILD technique isn’t for you but if you really want to pursue it, here’s some WILD advice.

• Don’t try to stay awake. Just stay aware
  • Focus on any unusual sensations
  • If you have a hard time experiencing any HH, create it. Imagine yourself on a boat rocking back and forth. You will start to experience it.
  • Imagine the feeling you get when you become lucid and recreate that feeling as you fall asleep.
    Good luck.

EDIT: Dream location | 20 early + 30 location (childhood building + bonus)= 50 pts| Gave you +5 for the uniqueness of the location and your good description.

Eat | +80 food (cheese, cake, pie, juice)|

Bluemoon: Aw, too bad you didn’t get to try those burgers.
/me is in the mood for burgers now…
You still get your short LD points.

working class hero: 2 long LD’s in a nap, eh? Sure there wasn’t a chain in between that? :tongue: Ah well. | 80 LD (2 long) |
then | 30 lucid + 20 early + 25 place(house) = 75 pts |

shinju: Congrats on the long LD! Yeah, you can still get points for completing the other tasks. It counts as a combo. Just post what transformations and kind of flying you did and I’ll add them up.
| 30 lucid + 20 early + 60 place(room + house) + 30 personal + 50 (longest)= 165 |
EDIT:
Fly! | 30 lucid + 20 combo +30 technique (will) = 80 pts
|
Transform! | 30 lucid + 20 combo +30 transformation (gender) +15 technique (mirror) =95 pts
|

Hex
:
Internet: | 25 internet + 20 site(youtube) = 45pts |
Dream Location | 20 early + 35 place = 55 pts |
and the flying LD didn’t earn you more points than your last attempt so I’ll add the LD points only.

Siiw: Returning to a recurring nightmare is pretty neat. +5 for that. | 30 lucid + 20 early + 30 place(nightmare + bonus) + 20 LD (short) = 100 pts |

Rhewin: | 30 lucid + 20 early + 25 place(house) + 50 LD (long + 2 FA’s) = 125 pts |

I’ve added LD points where due even if I didn’t consistently mention it. I know. I’m disorganized. Will update this point in a moment…

Here are the scores so far from the latest posts.

1. tosxyChor | 975 |
  2. Magnus | 0 |
  3. Rhewin | 525 |
  4. Hexaditidom | 300 |
  5. Bombax | 360 |
  6. KittyDreams | 0 |
  7. Rhett | 0 |
  8. Mimmo | 145 |
  9. BlueMoon | 275 |
  10. idanl09 | 115 |
  11. Ysim | 0 |
  12. Sandra | 80 |
  13. Puce | 0 |
  14. working class hero | 195 |
  15. Zacrifice | 0 |
  16. littlenemo | 115 |
  17. shinju | 405 |
  18. DreamWalker_5 | 0 |
  19. KauaiDreamer | 390 |
  20. Siiw | 470 |

oh, yay! so, flying was my usual technique, I just…fly. :neutral: no wings, swimming, superman, flying objects, nothing, I’m just floating in the air instead of walking/running/whatever…and also I use this in every LD all the time for distances longer than …a length of a room maybe? (who am I kidding, I fly even in my room -__- lazy)

as for transformation I used my usual technique too=
I’m standing in front of the mirror in my room and I make my reflection change. (gender change this time) But this is not working exacly like I want it to(my chest+shoulders look huge and… weird) so I try to look at the floor and imagine my reflection to be different when I look up again and this works.
(unimportant fact: I hate it that I’m not that pretty irl. I can’t stop looking at myself in LDs because I feel so beautiful :"D b-b-but I can have any hairstyle and figure and even asian eyes D: yeah I know I’m pathetic. end of unimportant fact)

Short lucid dream:
To the dream
Oh man, the E3 sure switched my attention and affected my lucid dreaming. But now my attention is back! :content:

Thanks Wyvern! I am not too sure what the difference between awake and aware is however. I am definitely not trying to stay awake, just trying to stay focused on images or sounds. However the act of doing this is definitely keeping me totally awake.
I think maybe I will focus on WILD during afternoon naps, and mild with WBTB during the night. Have even been trying auto-suggestion (find yourself naked in public, which last time triggered lucidity) that suggestion actually made it into my dreams 2 nights in a row! I was indeed naked in my NDs, 1st night in my own bedroom, 2nd night in public, but it did not give me lucid results. :bored: :confused: :cry:

Sorry wyvern, you assumed right, 3 min is medium for me :happy:

2 LD’s last night :slide:

One medium, one long. The first one I completed the swim task, the second one I briefly went on the internet to check a message and did something extra for the food task.

Click me. Do it. I love it

medium length, lower lucid last night…plus I recall three NDs, one of them extremely vivid- the one I had just before waking up so I remember all of it…it was funny, though I missed some pretty obvious dream signs.
as for LD, I can’t remember much D: it was probably in one of the first rem periods and I didn’t wake up after…
I forgot to swim :confused: I only remember going through a wall because I wanted to show off :D, some failed flying in our living room, and thinking that I have nothing to do. (what the… >.< low lucid, I said it. pfft)
BUT I did another personal task of mine, and that was listening to music :stuck_out_tongue: I noticed a CD player in my room and pressed “play” button. To my surprise, song I had no idea I ever heard started playing :smiley: so I pressed “next”, it made some weird noise and then I could clearly hear one of my favorite songs. I was like—> D: WOW.
I was completely amazed at how my brain is able to recreate a song so it sounds just like irl. And might I say I can’t play any instrument whatsoever so I’m only good in listening to music and not creating it :stuck_out_tongue:
It was even more fascinating because I rarely pay any attention to sounds in my dreams

that’s it, I’ll be late for school :stuck_out_tongue:

In response to Rhewin’s exploit, 1 long (with lucidity regain), one medium and a last short LD :lol: The long LD was also the longest I’ve had so far, with that watching the two dreamers for a bunch of minutes. I’m extremely pleased with myself :content:

Also, I think I’ve bettered the Internet and Eat scores with that one, plus maybe the Swim one. (Besides, the whale dream was a Swim task attempt, or haven’t you counted that? :roll: )

Gah. Sorry about that. I’ll add that up now.

I was going to double check everything after though…

Make Dream Characters Lucid!

The goal of this task is to find a dream character or a few, and make them lucid! Let’s see how competent your DC’s are. This gives you guys a chance to share your joy of lucidity with others.

If you tell a DC “This is a dream” or something along those lines, you get +15 points. This is only awarded once. (So not to be yelling at crowds of people :tongue:)

If the DC becomes lucid, you get 25 pts instead. You get 25 pts for every DC you make lucid.
If the DC is someone you identify from LD4all, you get 35 points for making them lucid.

For every technique you use to convince your DC’s 15 pts, however, these points are only awarded if your DC gets convinced as a result. :wink:

If you try to convince a DC they’re dreaming and they already know, then you don’t get the points. :razz: However, if they lie at first and “don’t believe you” and finally admit they did know, then you will get the points.

Teamwork: If your DC’s try helping you out with making more DC’s lucid, you get 25 pts, though you don’t score points for every DC they make lucid.

Bonus points will be awarded on effort too. Some DC’s might be easily convinced, some might not, and some might just be plain stupid. So, if I see you’re making a lot of effort to convince a stubborn DC, it will be rewarded.

This task will run until Monday (once again, no access to a computer during the weekend). This should give you time to catch up on any tasks you may have missed and improve them. :cool:
I will also try to post up the latest scores by tonight.

I had an LD! :yay:

It was a short one for me though, and there were no attempts of tasks for the challenge.

Hmm not going to well this LC might be since I had been involved in WG so much but I really like this last task and that might spark some lucidness in me :wink:

stil no LDs for me :sad: seems in on a dry spell. even my recall gets worse. well, only half a wekk to go to holidays. hoping for more LDs then… :smile:

once i post here, i get a LD %)

[spoiler]
it starts, when im in a kind of modern cave with my class. i just woke up, and wanted to write down my dreams i had in that dream, on my new iPad (which i dont have irl). but i notice that there are scratches and scars on the display, and all over all, its very dirty. some of the scratches form some short sentences i cant exactly remember now, but they were offensive against me. i try to find out who made those scratches and get upstairs, where i find a friend of mine, who isnt in my class, and also not in my town at the moment, which makes me lucid :happy:.

i dont remember anything i wanted to do, so im improvising. first, im telling my friend that im dreaming. he does not really believe me, so were doing a RC together. we both push our hands against the wall, and both hands fade away in the stone. he does believe me, but i still dont know what to do. i turn around, and behind me is a short thin wall out of glass, maybe a meter high. behind that, there are some plants and the room i was in before. there are thick metal bars in the glass, and i want to summon something from behind one of those. so i tell my friend “im gonna get us a meat chopper” (dont ask me why i thought of this ._.). so i walked a bit, and soon, after the third of fourth metal bar, there was one. it was pretty huge and looked very sharp.

so, what to do now with this? my first and very weird idea was: “i want to cut off my hand to see what it is like in a dream.”. so we did a RC again, to make sure were not doing something stupid^^.

i layed down with my arsm poitning away from me. my friend knelt down, and as he wanted to cut off my hand, i got nervous and woke up.[/spoiler]

well, it was a very weird dream, but at least a LD after all that time. im not quite sure if i managed to fulfill the tast, since it was not really planned, and my aim was not to reach the tasks goal, it was just something that came in my mind randomly.
length was medium, a few minutes.