LD4all Quest 100: April: Questing!

LD4all Quest 100: April: Questing!
Author: Scipio Xaos

Each month, on LD4all :ld4all: we have a new Quest to explore your LD’s in a fun way.

Click here for a list of all the LD4all Quests
Click here to suggest a Quest yourself
Click here to add your own Quest travel log

Questing!
It is a momentous occasion, everyone! This marks the 100th anniversary of the LD4all Quests! (Even though it’s not the hundredth month since they first went up… :whistle: ) As such, it is clear that something magnificent should happen… Well, rewards are supposed to come after you complete your quest! And what is your quest? Why it is to Quest, of course! To put that more clearly, this month’s quest is to take on and overcome the obstacles of the quests of yore. That’s right. It’s time for some good old fantasy questing!

So all you have to do for this quest is head out and quest the good old fashioned way. Search for an ancient relic (and find it)! Rescue a damsel in distress! (Damsels can be both men or women, you know… :wink: …at least a long time ago, anyways.) Or you can fight off a vicious beast that has been terrorizing a town! Just go medieval! :tongue:

Oh, and if you go monster hunting make sure to bring your vorpal blade… Jabberwockies are pretty hard to defeat otherwise. :tongue:

To complete this Quest and earn your wings:* Get Lucid!

• Set out on your quest!
  • Find the grail, rescue the endangered, slay the beast!
    [size=92][i][list]You only have to do one of the following:
    [*]Find an artifact.
  • Rescue someone in distress (preferably from a threat or from imprisonment in a tower).
  • Slay a dangerous beast.
    [/i][/size][/:m][]Optional: Recruit other adventurers to join you in a local tavern![/*:m][/list:u]

Please be very clear if you feel you have completed the Quest or want to try again - Qu will give wings if you think you should have them; the wings are a reward for yourself.

Qu will give wings to everyone who asks for them at the end of this Quest, so please be patient

Tips for Completing this Quest

• Think about which type of quest you’d like to go on.
  • Visualize the artifact you’re trying to find, the damsel to save, or the beast you want to slay.
  • Try watching various videos that relate to the them. (Monty Python and the Search for the Holy Grail fits perfectly. :wink: )
  • You could also play games such as fantasy RPGs or even Super Mario Bros. It has artifacts (pickups?), beasts, and a damsel! It’s almost perfect!

As always, make sure you enjoy the quest! Afterall, it’s the journey, not the end, that’s supposed to matter most!

I did it! I wanted to find an artifact, so I went outside and started digging. I found some trash and then a blue metallic shovel that had a brush too. The ground was hard to dig with bare hands and I had to manipulate it to be softer. That might have caused the item I found to be a shovel as well. It was underground and unique enough so I consider it an artifact. I tried to find a golden goblet or something, but the dream faded before I could. Sucks that the artifact wasn’t cooler, but it’s rare that I get a long lucid dream to try these things, so I’ll take it.

And it didn’t take you long either, only a couple of nights. Congrats Letaali. :thumbs:

Thanks moogle! :smile:

will the boss fight in the dream titled “A Machine reality show? + “Ill show you how to fly” + Boss Fight” counts for a slay the beast thing?

[community.ld4all.com/t/a-journal-of-awe-challenge-48/40087/4)

didnt end up seeing it go down so… im not sure…

Late congratulations to Letaali!

As to Awe, sorry. You didn’t really set out on a quest to slay the beast. Sort of just fought a monster that attacked you. But remember this is only my opinion (having made the quest :razz: ). If you feel like you did it you can still claim you did for Qu to give you wings. (As to the LC and LC points… I’ll leave it up to Rhewin to decide. :razz: )

nah im dont feel satisfied enough with myself to claim them, im not counting this as a monthly.