LD4all Quest 19: Crystal Moon: Enter a videogame

I’ve done this with a Mario game a long time ago, actually. I turned on the game system and jumped through the screen. Maybe I’ll try it again. :smile:

EDIT: Perhaps I should read the post directly above this one…

I plan on doing this quest anyway. I don’t have a specific game in mind, instead, I plan on turning on the TV and a video game system and just jumping right in.

wait…

maybe SoaC…

or maybe…

rev up the supercar, agency, cuz supercop is gonna CRACKDOWN on these criminal sucka’s!

Hmm lets see here

First: Shadow of the collosus

maybe I’ll take an idea from hebrew and do Final Fantasy X lol.

I think I’ll try out WOW and see wat its like for my undead rogue

Zelda is kinda a given

and maybe Final Fantasy again.

who knows maybe I’ll come up with some more tonight.

maybe ill go lucid again tonight with my counting method :razz: if so, WoW here i come!

I would have to join either Resident Evil 4, F.E.A.R., or Half-Life 2. The easiest for me would have to be fear, I used to have dreams about it all the time. And the perfect way to start is to go to a eandom office building and start walking around with a gun. The game is made of mostly office style buildings, so this should be rather easy.

It sounds like so much fun too! I can’t wait! :cool:

o_o I ALWAYS get game-dreams… some are just mixed up or made-up parts, where I get random elements such as a health bar, but many times I get clear game references :smile: An LD with a game should be pretty interesting…

I will try this…it’s been a while since I’ve been doing any lucid dreaming (Work overload + insomnia…) Oblivion seems a nice choice, or maybe Morrowind…

Kingdom Hearts :happy: or maybe even … Harvest Moon Bahahaha lol

Yeah I love oblivion. Also Crackdown or Saints Row would be fun.

Ok, i’m still been a bit inactive both in LD-s, and too inactive in the forum, due to my moving to my very own home (since the beginning of May). But yesterday when i thought to log in, i noticed this interesting quest. I have been even earlier wanted to enter to some videogame (especially Wyvern RPG) just to see how it looks like in dreamscape.

Anyway, i was undecided do i pick Wyvern, or Morrowind when i happen to have a LD. I inclined to Wyvern, but let myself to decide when it happens.

So i had an OBE today morning, and as i entered to LD i remembered that i wanted to try this quest. But i woke up before i could do this. Still i managed to invoke another OBE, and entered again to LD.

At first i go to tv-set and proclaim that i want to enter into a videogame. Then i recall that tv is not related to pc videogames :content: So i go back to bedroom and there is a pc. I want to start it, but then i thought that it would take a time, but i do not want to waste any time. So i need some kind of teleporter. A closet seem to be a good idea. So i press myself into it and imagine that it teleports me to a pc game (i expect it to be Wyvern). I come out and for a very short time the environment is different than before, but then it goes back to usual. I fly out from the window. The field over what i fly is dark-green. A far i notice someone who looks like a wizard (like in the game) with his staff. When i fly closer, i notice that actually it’s a usual man and it was traffic sign beside him that looked like a staff. Then i notice a woman at the field. I fly to her, and catch her with my hand. She wears a Middle Age style dress, and as i held her on my palm she looks like a small toy.

But then i wake up.

So overally i failed the quest. While there were few details that almost were like in the game, i still remained in my usual lucid world (it’s pretty fixed as i happen to have many LD-s in the same dream environment). Perhaps another time then :wink:

I’m thinking, when I get lucid, I’m gonna play a tune on my guitar, as like a call for a big hand to pull me into the TV!! That’d be scary, but cool.

cyrus, congratulations on your attempt! I don’t think you failed at all, you remembered the Quest and you went inside somewhere, it only wasn’t what you had expected :smile: Keep it up, good luck!

This is what I did tonight:

After some random dreaming and becoming lucid I ended up in a space with games from my room. On the floor was some sort of magic circle and when put Tales of Eternia in it the worldmap of that game appeared. I could jump right into the game if I wanted to. But instead I tried to combine games. I added Suikoden II, Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne and Shadow Hearts. Then I jumped. The world I ended up in wasn’t from a game, it was from a manga: D. Gray-man.

It was a fun dream about my favorite manga, so I’m happy with the results :smile:

congratulations tamara! :happy:

I love the magic circle :happy: reminds me of siiws circles now, but this one was on the floor. :smile:

:grin:
Just like TRJR said this is my kind of quest! Hmm… Oblivion would be a great, easy, and fun choice, especially because there are no specific levels so you don’t have to be confused when something that is supposed to be linear is completely different from the actual game. Ill try it tonight!

Please excuse the double post but I’ve yet to figure out how to quote in an edit and I just read this post and…

:eek:

What about a Crackdown/Oblivion combination??? Bringing in the supernatural capabilities of the Agent in Crackdown with the setting and magic of Oblivion! Then the cities in Oblivion could be expanded with some slightly modern buildings to make them more realistic… :cool_laugh:

This just completely changed my dreamscape I’ve been planning!!!

*runs off to plan changes to (vanilla) Oblivion’s setting for the next LD

EDIT:
And perhaps Pacific City could be in an alternate realm of Oblivion (the actual Oblivion that is not vanilla in the game of Oblivion)… GASP! Every single one of my alternate ideas for my dreamscapes could be one!

I should probably go plan before I ramble more than I already have :shy:

I’ll probably try with Zelda: Twilight princess.

I’m planning on entering a Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic. I’ve already had 2 Star Wars LDs already, and would just love exploring a galaxy with such history and technology.

I think I’m going to try and get myself into Lost Planet, I just think the bleak landscapes and incredible skies would be an amazing thing to experience.
A couple of months ago I would have said Oblivion but I can’t play that game anymore because I totally overdosed on it.
So Lost Planet it is, ruined cities half buried in snow, purple lightning streaking across the sky as I traverse huge glaciers (and of course pilot those VS suit Mechs would be awesome).

I have a simple plan as to how I’m going to acheive this. pretty much just play it all evening, go to bed, set my alarm for a couple of hours time. When I wake up I’m going to play it for another half an hour whilst tire and in that semi dreamy state and then I’m going to take the art book that I got with the special edition and flip through it before putting it under my pillow and WILDing.

If that doesn’t work then I don’t know what will!

(when I get there I’m going to throw snow balls at the giant aliens and see how they react!)

I just realized that unwittingly I had an LD in the game Crackdown last night in a very tall tower that houses one of the bosses, Colonel Axton Cowell. Unfortunately because I couldn’t find my DJ this morning, all I can remember are little frames from it. I guess my subconscious obeyed my conscious without informing my conscious what it was doing. I’m not sure if that’s a bad or a good thing. :confused: