LD4all Quest #2: Overtone Moon: Transform into an animal

Before I attempted to transform into a snake in a LD and was able to turn into a complete wolf in a ND. I guess I’ll join the quest and hope I can get it right.

Good luck Neol! :happy:

Dolphins
[LD]I’m lucid and remember the transforming Quest. (I actually had pondered on what kind of animal i would transform in a LD and i thought an underwater creature like a dolphin or a whale would be neat). I remember I want to be a dolphin or a whale, and poof i’m underwater in blue blue water :spinning:wave: estok). I hear the sounds of the dolphins close to me, i’m surrounded by dolphins swimming.

I try to feel myself as a dolpin and have a feeling my toes are the tailfins. It feels weird. I have a feeling I should go up to the air to take a breath and remember that dolphins need to come up to breathe, they just can stay underwater for a long time.[/LD]

This was fun, very short, and also bad recall. I can still hear the sounds the dolphins made. I want to try transforming in the dolpin again :smile: The wale also would be cool because it is so big, I wonder what that will feel like.

[LD]-fragment
I can’t remember where I was running to or why, but suddenly I’m on all four running through sand or desert like environment. I’m a yellowish big cat, like a tiger or a female lion; I’m not exactly sure what, but I notice I’m running at the top of my fingers, just as siiw described.

There is also quite some time between when I take off from the ground and when my paws touch the ground again for the next step; I have trouble with this movement. It is like running in slow motion but at the same time I’m not.
[/LD]

YaY! this quest is going good :happy:

Q have done it
Wolf have dont it
Kenai have done it
someone i didnt remember ATM have done it

:grin:

I’d join the quest, if I could go lucid… :sad:

I didnt go lucid but i did the quest by becoming a Bear in an ND :happy:

I havent don it :grrr:

I didn’t turn into an animal, but last night I did dream of a scientist putting two short-mouthed snakes on our backs, to give us venom. It was a dream experiement being carried out by dream scientists, and the venom was being use to induce trance. I wasn’t lucid, but very conscious of many details.

I’ll attempt the quest I’ve already have had 2 LD’s this week. I think I might try changing into a giraffe, whoa that would be weird, heheheh. Or maybe into a octapus,hehehe whoa. :happy:

Today i had just fragments of dreams in my head when i woke up… but they all point do another Bear dream :grin:

i was in a forest feeling big and stong :smile:

interesting dream sunwolf!

@ithuriel: giraffe and octopus! that should be interesting! I hope you succeed :happy:

@kenai: Yay!

Well I had another dolphin tranformation tonight :happy:

friday november 25 2005
[kin=226]
White Overtone Worldbridger

Dolphin II
[ND]I’m with my mother. She is walking a white puppy dog. She has done this for a while now (FM) and today I’m with her,

We walk through appartment buildings. It is not outside but inside. The dog listens to my thoughts, i tell him to sit in my mind and he listens. I can communicate with him on that level.

it’s a cute white dog, still a puppy. I hug and cuddle him. [/ND]

[LD]Somehow I remember the transformation Quest and that I’d like to be a dolphin, and I’m suddenly in the water of a swimmingpool, being a dolphin.

I try to hear the sounds again. I feel my sleeping body breathe, but inside the dream, my dolphin body doesn’t breathe under water. Again I have this weird sense of holding my breath while under water.

I don’t like it in the swimmingpool and before I know it I’m in the ocean again, surrounded by shapes of other dolphins.

I realize I should change the forum icon for the playground into a dolphin picture.[/LD]

This was actually a combination of the sealife Quest and the LD4all Quest :happy:. I did intent to do a LD4all dream, and the dolphin’s message to use the dolphin icon for the playground is brilliant :happy:

Tonight I had an LD and an attempt to change into an animal. I only post here the part with the changing. The rest you can find in my DJ :content:

Quests (part with transforming)(LD)

I was walking inside a glass hall with a friend of mine. I was asking her what I should do in my dream. Suddenly I remembered the transforming quest. I didn’t really knew in which animal I should become. I thought about a dragon. But I actually wanted to find it out in this dream. I thought I should try to change in a animal. I believe I got a bit of hair from an animal too Dragons don’t have hair :eh: (probably another one then…), but then I felt really sick. I had to puke and I just felt really bad. I thought that it was because of the fact I changed in an animal. So I thought I should quitte with it. Some people were around and I told them that I was dreaming and that they didn’t really exist. They looked really weird at me.

hey Q.

great dolphin dreaming. that’s cool! i can see all the dolphins now - messing about in their playground.

i’ve had some experiences with the whale before in dreaming. IF you want, I can post up what it suggested to me, to help me shapeshift into it’s form.

[kin=227]

Overtone Moon, Alpha 12
Kin 227: Blue Rhythmic Hand
Yellow Cosmic Seed Year

Conscious Dream: One-Winged Flight
[com]Introduction: Over the recent days I’ve been pondering the kind of stagnancy I’ve been feeling at times. I’ve been wondering whether my life movie hasn’t been playing out, quite the way it should be, and what else it is that I’m seeking. It occurred to me that I’m a bit disappointed with myself, for not taking more headway with my intention to teach the art of dreaming. This is where I feel my greatest spiritual purpose, and while I have taken little steps - through attending my primary school teaching placement, and running simple activities at the after-school care program I work at, I have wanted to bring spirituality into that role. I decided last night, to incubate a series of dreams, and actively direct my lucidity towards encounters with higher spiritual beings, who could show me how to become a “dream teacher”. My specific intention, was to “receive healing to help me become a dream teacher” - I decided that I would connect my intention each day to the qualities of the Dreamspell glyph.

As I meditated on this, I saw an image of an elder man (perhaps a representation of my older self), holding up a crown slightly above his head - as though ready to receive and carry light.[/com]

[LD]I become conscious outside my house. It all happens rather smoothly. Suddenly I’m there outside, near the little square garden, beside the verandah. Before me, I can see the sloping green grass, in front of my house. But more importantly, I can see pigeons. Wow! Cool. My totem animal is here with me in dreaming. I yell out to them “Hi Pigeons”. This gives them a bit of a shock. They flutter back onto lower ground below, distancing themselves, feeling the need for room.

I realise that I don’t need to be so loud. They don’t understand me anyway. Instead, I begin to rise up into the air. I’m having a little trouble at first, but I call on the “spirit” of the many pigeons below on the grass, and now I begin to feel their assistance. Suddenly my right arm snaps across the opposite shoulder. It’s almost locked in there. At first it feels difficult to fly like this, but then I realise something. I’m supposed to fly with one wing - the right wing. Now, I begin to feel the transformation taking place. I am becoming the pigeon.

The left and right wing move in unison, but it is the right wing that is pulling me up. I feel something new now - awareness of the wind, and it’s direction. I remember now the importance of taking off in the direction of the wind, allowing it to lift you up, rather than fighting against it. As I rise higher, I see a huge flock of pigeons now gathered - ready to take flight as one clan. I rise still above them, patiently flapping my wings, feeling the surge of speed. I seem to be much higher than the rest of the group, perhaps too high.

At this point, I recall that usually in my lucid dreams of the pigeon, I simply shoot up straight into the sky, getting faster and faster, until I reach a kind of dream boundary, where I run out of energy, and wake from the dream. I decide now to be more gentle and patient, to take the time to simply journey, navigate, explore. I catch the wind, and follow it’s current - my intuition as my guide, simply holding myself in the knowing that I’ll land when it’s time to land. As I do so, I think about how cool it is that the pigeon’s appeared before me - especially because we are doing the “transforming into an animal” project at ld4all, this moon.

After a relatively long travel, I feel myself approaching a lake. I can see it’s reflection below me. The water is so still. A grey/blue colour. I bring myself down, noticing marshland by the side of this lake. Behind the lake, I can see the dense green of the trees. As I land, I feel my human feet - like shoes, sinking into the slightly muddy marshland below. I think of something a friend from my Yoga class said to me - about the pigeon’s claws and their connection to the Earth. I feel into my claws now - the awareness comes through richly, overshadowing my human features.

Over to my right, I now notice new forms coming into view. There nearer the other side of the lake are these golden statues, sitting upon yellow sand. They look like statues to a goddess - seemingly showing naked women. Further to the right, I see a group of people. Girls and guys, about my age. As I begin to fly over to them, I realise that they are also naked. It looks as though they are engaged in some kind of sexual ritual - their bodies making flowing movements akin to Tai Chi.

When I arrive, they begin to make space for me. I see one of the women, gently directing the other guy to pair up with the other two. He seems a little rushed by it all. But I’m relieved - because that same woman now joings me. Unfortunately, at this point I begin to wake, a little too excited by the proceedings. As I do so, I remain midway between dreaming and waking for a moment. Catching an outline of one of the guy’s body, his feet and head touching the ground, his chest hanging at almost weight level. It is quite a strange posture. I see a spider forming at his belly. This image seems significant.[/LD]

[com]Comments: This was a pretty cool dream. It’s fascinating that we’re here in the “White Wind” wavespell - this dream, was again about moving with the wind, and taught me a whole new layer of knowledge about pigeon’s style of flight. I was really happy to be able to fly with one wing, but also to travel horizontally and actually use that pigeon awareness to take me somewhere instead of just racing off into the clouds, with no particular purpose.

Waking, I was reminded of my earlier experiences in the twilight zone - where I saw a copy of my future book, and writing of my own - about the return of the “sacred clans” to their spiritual “homeland”. I believe the pigeons have more to tell me about these “sacred clans” - and the journey “home” we are to make together.

This experience also got me curious about the way in which pigeons breath, and how this is aligned with their flight. I just started my Ashtanga yoga classes again this week, and am rediscovering the importance of breath once again.

What was also interesting was the final scene of the dream - with the lake. It really felt like some energy raising sexual ritual - bringing in meditation, and other movements - the tantric union of self and other. A shaman friend, once told me a traditional story about the pigeon, and it’s association with tantra.

In my next flight, though, I might fly along with the rest of the clan, and see where they take me. It felt great to be amongst such a large family. This dream strengthened my recognition of the spiritual gifts I hold, and the way in which I can help others to get more out of their dreams.[/com]

I DID IT :boogie:
Last night (some minuts ago) I transformed too a Wyveren (a dragon with only two feet)!
HURRAY :partying_face:
DRINKS FOR ALL :beer:
Exept the under aged, like me.

congrats again sandra on your attempt :smile: :lol: quite funny too, how you felt the hair growing :smile:

explora: what an amazing experience. I really like how you went with the dream. And that you transformed into your totem animal :smile: When i read your sentence about not struggling with the wind, but use it to rise in the air; that sounds very symbolic too -
What would be the meaning for you of flying with one wing?
also when I read that you flew so high above the fellow pigeons, that connected to me on another level; that you can be on such a high level sometimes that it is hard to follow you.

painocus: congrats :happy: Do you have more to tell about your dream? I’m curious about your experiences. How did it feel to be a Wyvern?

Tank you Q.
The dream was like this:
I standed before my old school remembering I were dreaming.
I start climbing up the rouf of the school tinking ower and ower agein “I am dreaming and knowing it” so I would not fall down as i would in real life.
When I had climbed too the top.
I looked at my right arm and transformed it too a pinguin wing.
I looked at for some seconds intil I understanded somting were wrong and transformed it agein, it turnd out right now.
I did it with my left arm an then my howl body.
Then I jumped of the rouf and flyed down ageins the grund.
Rigth before hiting it I did a L turn and flyed of ageins the distanse.

The dream suddenly ended.
As a Wyvern my eyes worked as normal, I were a very good flyer and I did tings witout tink of why (like fly down ageinst the grund).
BTW: I had the same size wen I were a Wyvern and a human.

I’m just copy-pasting from my LJ, because I’m too lazy to retype it.

"The weirdest part was when I was trying to transform into one of the forms belonging to a species I’ve created. I was almost there, when I had a feeling that someone I was looking for was nearby. Now note that it took a ton of concentrating to get so much as a snout, yet it was hardly an act of will to become almost completely human again.

Some other person was trying to take him away, and still being somewhat animalistic, I hissed at her and circled around the one I was looking for, rubbing against him like a cat does to their owners. (Using scent glands behind the ears and at the end of the tail to mark you as a part of their territory.) I then hissed at the moon for the hell of it.

That wasn’t the weirdest part, though. I didn’t look like a cat at all in the dream. (I tend to get a mental image of how I look, and infer from how I looked in first person.) I looked like someone decided to mash an Alien with a human for fun. My feet were more sloped, like a cat’s, mr arms were, preportionally, freakishly long and the fingers a little longer, and ending in claws. I was thin, in an ugly way, to the point where my ribs probably would have been as visible as an Alien’s. I couldn’t fully close my lips, and I had four long, sharp teeth with the rest of the teeth being short and either flat or sharp. I can’t remember which.

Blah. It’s not the first time I’ve acted like a cat or animal in a dream, lucid or not. It’s odd, I never act like a snake/cobra, yet it’s extremely easy to transform into one, whereas I often act like a feline yet have nerver sucessfully transformed into a cat."

Don’t ask me to explain the cobra part, I don’t want to appear crazier than a bus full of…things that are crazy?

I had two very good dreams, both which could have something to do with this quest.

Kenai’s Dream Forest
[ND]Kenai had met somekind of (male) fairy, who had granted him a wish. Kenai had wished that he got the be a bear, and I would be a wolf. The dream begun with Kenai (as a bear), me (as a wolf) and the Fairy standing in the forest and looking at Kenai’s new home. It was a small opening in the forest, with a log and a big rock. On the rock sat a bear cub, Koda, and stared at us. Koda was a “real” bear. Kenai and me were both in a kind of half-forms, as Pinocchio who lived almost like a boy the prove that he could be a real boy?

The forest was very beautiful, it was like a mix of my idea of the perfect forest and what I think Kenai’s would be like (I don’t know what kind of forest he would like to live in).
Some parts of the forest was a wintery pine forest, while other part were filled with leaf trees in late summer.

jump
Kenai had gone somewhere, and I was left with Koda. Koda was very silent, and I thought he was a very creepy cub.
There grew a lot of blueberries and they were HUGE! I picked a few (I had hands, wierd). I asked Koda if he wanted any, he didn’t.

jump
Me and Kenai sat on the log, when we heard a shreech. It was Koda, a bit further off, and he was attacked by wolves.
We ran to save Koda, and the wolves had surrounded him. There was about 5 wolves. I growled, and said to them to leave my friend alone (I’m not sure if I actually used words).
The wolves backed off, but I had to leave the bears to go with the wolves. It was a part of the test to see if I was worthy to live like a wolf. The part of the forest we were in was all wintery, “my” kind of forest. I look back to “say goodbye” to the bears, without any words. They looked sad. I was a bit sad, because Kenai was my friend, but I was also glad because I could be with those of my own kind. [/ND]

Fighting
(this is just an excerpt, I’m going to post the whole dream in my DJ)

I don’t remember very much, but I stood in a white corridor of some kind. I thought that I should try to transform into somekind of animal. I had already been a wolf so often, so I tried to transform into a bird. I shrank a bit, but not very much. I tried to get a beak, but it became a mix between my human mouth and an eagle beak.
My arms grew longer and lighter. They got feathers. But it was still very hard to fly.

I envy all of you.I haven’t managed nothing the only good thing is that i went semi-lucid but then didn’t remember what i wanted to do. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Congratulations fante and lanina! :happy:

@fante: what species you created? that sounds intriguing?
interesting experience how you are a cat, but yet not. I have had similar experiences, like once was running like a horse, and knowing i’m a horse, but still looking human all the same. And I’m curious about the cobra part, because I would like to experience being in that shape one day too.

@lanina: what a cool dream! I love the fairy part :happy:
The other experience when you tried to transform in a bird is very cool too; congrats!

I notice from your dreams that it appears to be easier to have a ND where you are already that animal; instead of having an LD and transform consciously.

The species I’ve created is (Or would it be are? I’m not a morning person, can’t you tell?) the supernatural race of the Sss’raa. Snake people. They have three forms, Tame, Hunt, and Feral. The form I was trying to become was the Feral form, in which the Sss’raa takes on the form of an anthromorphic snake. They also tend to go completely animal and uncontrollable in this form, hence the name. :wink: Later on in the dream I went into Hunt form with ease, though there’s quite a difference between being a walking snake and just having scaly hands/feet and claws. I can go more in-deph with these guys, if you want. (I got bored one day and recorded just about every little detail in a .txt file on my computer.)

I’ve aquired the form of a cobra about…three or four times, just pulled from memory. There might have been more times that I just can’t recall right now.

The first time I was just messing around and became a golden cobra by an act of will. The second time I was trying to get away from my brother for some reason, and did the same thing, albeit I was bright blue. :eh: The most recent time I was in the alleyway of some city, and became a dark-brown, nearly black cobra. At the time, I was thinking about a drawing I’d seen on the Internet of a cobra with dark coloration…Hm, I need to experiment with this…

If you’re asking why I’m most often becoming a cobra, check your PMs…