LD4all Quest #2: Overtone Moon: Transform into an animal

Are you therianthrope, Bear Kenai? :happy:

:confused: i dont know what theriantrope is

Oh well, never mind it then.

cant you explain what it is? mabye i am whatever u said… :eh:

BTW: does a very liflike Half Day Dream count? I was in a half sleeping state half awake…

I was wandering about near a forest, whan i saw this Big Brown thing running fast throwards me…
It was running very fast and i didnt have any way out exept for trying to hide behind a tree, the big animal ended up running on the tree hurting itself realy bad and all of a sudden i was standing next to a brown bear being a brown bear myself.
Jump
i had run in to the forest discovering that there was a forest people living in there who treated the bears like gods. and they had sacrifised about 200 Salmon for the Bear living in the area around the tribe… ( I was one of the bears that got Salmon :razz:)

The feeling of being a bear was like being a strong anymal with a lot of power over life as it was and the furryness i find quite amusing :tongue: this was fun to do…

I said that it was a Half day dream, but i didnt controle what happend like you would in a day dream, it just happend like a normal dream.

Hey Kenai.

It is awesome to hear your experiences. You seem to have a very close spiritual relationship/connection with the bear. It might be considering whether the bear is a personal totem of your own.

I feel that there are many animals we might come into contact with, both in dreams and waking life, which have lessons and wisdom to share with us. Often, I’ve found we can pick up on these messages, through observing qualities of their appearance, watching the way in which they hunt and move about the earth, and generally go about their lives.

Many traditional cultures believe that we are also born with a special relationship to a particular animal, a kind of bond between our souls. An excellent book which sheds much light on the nature of totem animals is Dreaming the Council Ways, by Ohky Simine Forest.

I found out my totem animal in a lucid dream. I’d had a number of experiences of different animal spirits teaching me their ways within my dreams, but in this particular lucid dream, I set out to find “my totem animal”. I was really fascinated by the feeling that I might be able to understand more about myself, and my life’s purpose.

[kin=144]

Solar Moon, Limi 27
Kin 144: Yellow Magnetic Seed
White Spectral Wizard Year (2003)

Conscious Dream: Discovering My Totem!

I’m up at Flat Rock Rd -a big hill on the opposite side of my house. I’m up in the air, and suddenly realise that I’m flying. I look down, and see a whole group of people near a house, obviously enjoying themselves. I’m having so much fun. I soar down into the valley, in the direction of my home, passing ever so many trees. The flight is so beautiful. Finally I come to a stop; now at the bottom of the valley.

[LD]There’s a tree in front of me. I approach it, laying my hands upon it. I try and tune into the energy of the tree. At first not that much happens, but then suddenly my whole body is pulsing with these super-super-powerful energies. I am connecting into a source of living energy, wholly expansive and immersive in it’s presence. I am unsure about giving myself to such intensity - about growing with this incredibly powerful pulse. I withdraw my hands from the tree.

As I do so, I remember that there was something I wanted to do; I could go and get more information for the magic card game I saw in earlier dreams, but I decide that sometimes its nicer to immerse onself in the joy of dreaming, without the responsibility of the little tasks I set for myself.

I decide that I’ve always wanted to find out my totem animal, and now is the perfect time to try it out. I walk along my driveway, seating myself down on the Earth, in a cross-legged position. Meditating, I set my intent to finding my totem animal, shifting my consciousness closer to the Earth, merging with it.

At this point, I suddenly seem to wake into my actual bed. It’s like I’ve crossed straight over. I really believe that I’ve woken. I can feel myself in bed, my face on it’s side as though somehow distrubed. Alana is now speaking about my totem. She tells me that it is the Pigeon. I’m excited by this news, and listen attentively. Alana speaks about how she received a message from my future self, and that if I kept “laying my face in the dirt” it would prove to be detrimental to the health of the relationship I share with my totem. This time, I truly awaken.[/LD]

[com]Comments: This was a really cool dream. For one thing, that experience with the tree made me feel the power of that unique vibration of the Universe. I get the feeling that one could expand that pulse beyond one tree; that this came from a some vast expansive source beyond my ordinary human conceptualisation.

Finding my totem was awesome. It brought greater calm and completeness, a sense of deeper identification with Self

Dove/Pigeon’s wisdom includes (from animal spirits):

• Brings peace and love
  • Understanding of gentleness
  • Spirit messenger
  • Communicates between the two worlds[/com]

The next night, I set out into lucid dreaming with the intention to transform into my totem. It worked! I became the pigeon. In later dreams, the pigeon taught me how to fly. Teaching me about the importance, of taking off in the direction of the wind, and of flapping patiently, allowing the wind to really pull oneself up into the sky. Simple things, really, but they help!

These experiences have been awesome. Telling my dream to a friend, she mentioned that perhaps the message about “not leaving my face in the dirt” was about valuing myself more, and bringing my true face out into the open. The pigeon is by nature a messenger.

Each animal has it’s own “medicine” which it shares with you. You can learn more about the qualities of each totem, at the Animal Spirits website. Though I feel my birth totem is the Pigeon, Bear came to me as a teacher in recent lucid dreams, so I feel I kind of kinship with you there.

Nick

I found the Bear :happy:

Black and Brown (Grizzly) Bears
Endangered Species

Bear Speak
(Real Audio)

Bear’s Wisdom Includes:

Introspection
Healing
Solitude
Change
Communication with Spirit
Death and rebirth
Transformation
Astral travel
Creature of dreams, shamans and mystics
Visionaries
Defense and revenge
Wisdom

Do anthropomorphs count? (Anthros…)

what do you mean cid?

Anthropomorphs = Animals re-designed as humans. Ability to speak and human intelligence are innate, bipedal movement, but retains fur and associated abilities.

Have you never seen any animals of this type? You see them everywhere on cartoons.

shure cid

I noticed something now :tongue: it looks like someone have hitted it in the face with a sledgehammer :tongue:

cid: i see what you mean. Well in this Quest it is the idea to try and transform completely in the animal of your choice; so not antropomorphic :smile:

kanai: yes it is cute isn’t it :content: :razz: Try to stay a bit serious in this topic or i have to move your posts to the playground :wink:

i had a nap 30 minutes ago… i was a moose :razz: that was fun :happy: guess what… the moose i was is named Rutt :tongue: i was talking to Tuke

hey that is great Kenai :smile: Why don’t you try and find what the moose means as animal totem as well :smile: Is the dream in your DJ?

I was a panther! :cool_laugh:

It wasn’t fully lucid, but I reached my goal of exploring the animal’s senses :cool:

I really love how you experienced the sense of smell and really felt yourself in the body and moving etc :smile: the rest of my comments are already in your DJ :wink: Congrats again :content:

ok but where do i post al the animal totems?

and no… it is not. that was the dream… what i ememberd from it…

eh… BTW: with that Haf-Dream, Half-dayDream… did i complete this quest?

well if you want to post all the animal totems, why dont you start an animal totem topic in the lounge or maybe beyond dreaming is a better section for that :smile:

a dream is a dream; it sounds a bit like a deep vision :smile: you decide if you feel you completed it :smile:

:yawn: ok… will. do that… in mornin…g…
:yawn: must… go… to… bed… to… get… another… dream… about… anima…l…s… :sleep:

Siiw.

That’s so coool how you dreamt of the “panther”, and were able to identify so deeply with it’s senses. I love your description of how the panther smelt. That came through so vividly.

Siiw and Kenai. Would it be okay for me to list your dreams on the Dream of Peace website, under the section for dreams about animal spirits. They’re really cool.

Btw. Siiw - was it a black panther?

From Animal Spirits

Black Panther’s Wisdom Includes:

* Astral travel
* Guardian energy
* Symbol of the feminine
* Understanding of death
* Reclaiming ones power
* Ability to know the dark
* Death and rebirth

I love hearing all these dreams about transforming into animals. it is great that we are able to tune into this through dreaming, and so vividly too.

In Robert Moss’ book Dreaming the Council Ways, he talks about how our medicine animals might also live within our own energy field. Particularly, he makes reference to an animal like the bear, living within the chakra at our solar plexus. Other animals like the eagle, might reside at the third-eye, allowing us that expansive sense of inner vision. It might be a cool exercise, to see if we can meditate. Discover where an animal we identify with (ie. the panther, in siiws case), feels most at home within our energy field, and chakra system.

Q. I love the barnowl energy and picture. It so suits you.

Nick

Yes, it was a black panther, with a faint spot pattern. And yes, you can list it. :cool: And when it comes to reclaiming power, and rebirth…It has been a certain theme in my dreams lately. It makes sense.