LD4all Quest 57: August : Inception!

LD4all Quest 57: August : Inception!
Author: pasQuale

Each month, on LD4all :ld4all: we have a new Quest to explore your LD’s in a fun way.

Click here for a list of all the LD4all Quests
Click here to suggest a Quest yourself
Click here to add your own Quest travel log

Inception!

If you didn’t know yet, I like the new movie, Inception. If you haven’t seen the movie, you can still do the Quest, but this Quest is inspired by the movie, so it helps if you have seen it :content:

To earn your wings, do something that’s inspired by Inception. Examples:

[spoiler]* try to share a dream with someone

• try to enter a deeper dreaming level by falling asleep in your lucid dream
  • create your own dream totem and try having it in your LD as a reality check
  • try the actual act of Inception - implanting an idea in someones mind. (You don’t need to test if it worked out, just see what happens in your LD )
    [/spoiler]
    You will note how I say “try”. That means you get your wings when you remember to do this Quest and try your chosen objective. It would be great if you succeed ofcourse, but the main idea is that you explore some of the concepts that spring forward from the movie :smile:

You can think of your own objectives as well, just be sure to post them in this topic first before you incubate your dream. And also please use the spoiler tags if it’s so specific that it gives too much away of the movie :content:

To complete this Quest and earn your wings

• Become lucid ( :tongue: )
  • do your Inception inspired Quest
  • Post your dream in this topic (a link to your DJ is allowed but you have to post in this topic that you have succeeded)

Please be very clear if you feel you have completed the Quest or want to try again - I will only give wings if you feel you have been succesfull in completing the Quest, the wings are a reward for yourself.

I will give everyone who earned it their wings at the end of this Quest, so please be patient

last but not least: have fun everyone! :happy:

Preparations/Incubation
Before going to sleep or while doing your LD incubation technique
(WILD/WBTB/MILD, etc):

• (optional:) watch the movie.
  • set your mind for this Quest.
  • ponder on your chosen objective.

[spoiler]There is a specific thing I would like to do. It can sometimes be difficult for me to leave a dream scene, it feels like there is a new wall in myway if I break one. It was so easy in the film how they could turn back and watch the trap from a different angle, and be free. I will try this if I encounter a loop or a closed space in a LD.

Also, the first ever reply I got here on ld4all was a technique for entering the second dream level etc. He even described how more time could fit into a dream within a dream. Maybe I should finally do what he asked me. :cool_raz:[/spoiler]
i thought I had read this already a few days ago, but couldn’t find it again does a rc

YES! :lmao: Awesome quest Q! I’m obsessed over the movie!

SPOILER - Click to view

I have a lot of things I’d like to do. First one is to tighten my security system around my “safe”. Don’t want anyone messing with my brain :tongue: . Second, I want to test out the totem I made IRL. (It’s a metal coin with a smiley face on it, if I were in the dream everytime I flip the coin the face will change.) Third, planting an idea into my friend J. The idea…err…not really sure…any suggestions? …hmm

Yes!

I’m gonna try to get back at all those FA’s by layering my LD’s. :smile:

Well I guess since I’m pretty good at catching FA’s I should try to fall asleep. I wonder what will come of it when I do it on purpose…

I see the movie tonight. :content:

Yes! A quest that gives wings for trying to share a dream! I’m definitely going to try this!

ok as i haven’t seen Inception ill try to see it in my second, but my first induced LD.Hope that counts :smile: i’ll tell ya when i actually reached the cinema :smile:

sure that counts, binaryb0n3 :smile: I wonder what your dream cinema will show :smile:

I want to see that movie( a bit noise to my parents would help :smile:)!!!
Looks like a nice quest, I’ll try it :happy:

SPOILER - Click to view

I tried to find my safe in my LD. But then I lost lucidity and ended up trying to find this other guy’s safe :ack: . I’ll try again. I’ll attempt to do all three of what I wanted to do. :content: This Quest is really fun by the way.

SPOILER - Click to view

I almost successfully WILD’ed inside of an LD just the other day, so I think I’ll give those dream-within-a-dream-within-a-dream dreams a shot! Here’s hoping I don’t end up in limbo! :eek:

I’ll try the dream totem trick. :aww:

Just saw the movie this week. A really good movie! And two days after seeing the movie I had a LD :content:
I wish I could enter into a dream just like they did in the movie though

So close…

[spoiler]A few months back I found a small figurine of a rabbit buried in a box of tea from a few years ago. Curiously happy to find it, I set it aside, unsure of what it may become to mean to me. After seeing the movie, I looked at it, and thought I could turn it into my Totem.

As an RC, I would find it in one of my pockets, and feel the texture. In the dream, it should become fuzzy and alive. :smile: Alternatively, I could look at it, and see a different shape or color from the WPR (waking physical reality) version.

Also, I intend to be able to ‘set it to task’, such as helping me find something, or guiding the dream somewhere; I can ask it to do something, toss it, and follow.

In my LD last night,
I entered the house, regaining some higher amount of Lucidity, and remember the Quest. I search my back pocket, and manifest some small piece of crumpled paper but no totem. I remember it should be in my front right pocket anyway, and start to wiggle my hand past my cellphone and wallet, but aWake…[/spoiler]

… but still plenty of time to try again :smile:

I am doing the same! I purchased a very small bronze hourglass, and hung it around my neck on a chain. I’m assuming that it will take the sand longer to fall in a dream, so it’s a handy and fast totem. I’ve been doing at least 30 RCs a day, but still no luck on getting lucid again. I’m not sure why the brick wall all of a sudden. :sad:

i havnt seen the movie yet but i think i will try and create a dream totem. i am excited to see what it is :grin:

I’m so going to try this. :grin: The layered dreams sound cool. Just last night I had a FA which I didn’t catch but in the FA I focused on having a lucid dream upon falling asleep again and I did, it was kinda like a WILD to enter. I had a decently long LD for me, only upon really waking up did I realize I had had a false awakening though.

SPOILER - Click to view

I also want to try the gravity shift stuff. I expierenced it in a ND before, haha, walking on the side of a moving van. fun :content:

I’m going to try using the totem RC and layering lucid dreams.

My totem is going to be my bracelets on my arm. I always have 1. A bracelet I made 2. Two bracelets I bought and 3. One or more hairties. If one or all of them is missing, then I must be dreaming.

Great idea! I love this movie too, it’s what has inspired me to get back into lucid dreaming after not even thinking about it for years.

SPOILER - Click to view

My Inception quest will be simple, since I’m just trying to get back into being able to have lucid dreams at all. I’m going to try to travel to that beautiful room in the Japanese palace with the hanging lamps and long table, and maybe even enjoy a nice meal there or go out into the room where the larger crowd is mingling, and see who I might find!

I’m thinking of using Second Life to help me with visualization and lucid dreaming in general, maybe building something in the game world to help me visualize the details I want to have in my dream.