LD4all Quest #6: Planetary Moon: Unfold your wings and fly!

I joined this community today (May 2), but I did fly in an LD in April, so woot for me! I’ve been posing dream tasks for myself for a while. I’ll be sure to do the moon quests, now that I know about them.

In my first ‘fully’ lucid dream I entered already in Flight.

I realy LOVE Flying a Lot!

I am now a Qualified Skydiver in the real(?) world.

It has helped me tone my flight skills Suprisingly.
There wasnt much room for improvement I thought.

I moved onto low-gravity Hopping/Skipping 5/6yrs ago. Try this, Its Great Fun!

That’s actually how I started! Hopping/Skipping, to High Jumping, to floating without control, to floating with control, to swimming, to superman style! Although, my flying has gotten a little tame. I do it ALL the time, but rarely get much height, unless I’m jumping off of something, then its more of a glide.

Think more about everything else moving down rather than you moving up, thats how you change your height properly.

When it clicks it will stay with you my friend.

That’s an interesting mental image, I can see why it would work. Truth is, I’ve been busy completing other LD Tasks and haven’t gotten around to seriously completing the Flying one. Perhaps I’ll focus on this task for the next couple of nights. Thanks for the idea!

[size=150]Just Curious[/size]…
¿What other tasks are you working on?
:smile:

Follow this link to my Dream Diary, so that we don’t go astray with this particular topic. Come on over!

I’ve completed this task! Thanks Adam, I used your technique and even thought about you during the dream.

Click here to see the dream.

Edit: A few days later, I improved my flying techniques and control even more while also accomplishing the Through the Mirror Quest. (Click here.)

I feel confident that I can now fly without any limits, which was a personal goal of mine.

congrats on completing this Quest mike :smile:

this topic is now locked. Everybody can still do this Quest ofcourse and post about it in your DJ :content:

:fly:

I usually move in LDs by taking these huge jumps of about thirty feet at a time, but it only recently occurred to me that I only come down from a jump when I’m expecting to come down. So naturally I tried it again and just didn’t expect to come down after the jump, and off I went! :content: It was very nice, I’d never gotten to the actual flying part before because I always had some problem getting out of the room I was in. This time I was outside, and without that problem it was much easier than I’d expected.

Well, I can’t say I was fully lucid because if I was I would have abandoned the current situation in pursuit of my Soul-Mate, but I had an interesting flying dream which takes some level of awareness to do.

I have had many, many flying dreams over the years, but what was particular about this one is that I was sitting in a chair–like a black leather/vinyl car seat with no legs or arms. What was even more peculiar is that I had absolutely no problem controlling my flying, and now that I think about it, I have had a few other dreams in the past where having an object to support me made flying much, much easier. In this dream it was virtually effortless.

I found myself flying around a neighborhood during what seemed to be a Holloween type of event–it was night time. Many people were hovering outside of houses, cackling, and doing all kinds of creepy things, but I was not concerned for my safety or anything–I have always been fully capable of handling myself in dreams (well, not always) should something come up.

But then I came to another section of the neighborhood that did not seem to have the wicked theme and it was daylight. I found myself holding a little dog (normally, I am more of a cat person, but I think the daytime atmosphere catered to the other species). I landed on top of a roof and the chair seemed to go away. The house owners (a couple in their 40s or 50s) were on a flat section, lounging in lounge chairs, whereas I was sitting on an A-frame section next to them.

They had dogs, too, and one of the dogs came up to me and I held it for a moment. Then I set it back down on the roof, but unfortunately dogs don’t have claws that allow some traction like cats do, and it slid down the roof slant to the ground–but it seemed to be alright. Then I let my dog go for a moment (don’t ask me where he was while I was holding the other one), and he started getting rambunctious with the other little dogs. The neighbors warned me that their drogs were rare purebreads or something to the effect that it would be expensive for me should there be any damages. So I took my dog away and then he got mixed up with another neighbor’s dogs, so I picked him up again. END

In conclusion, what started out to be a very potent ESP type of dream turned into a mundane fixing-problems dream. Darn, what a waste!

I’m not sure if there is a section dedicated to flying on this site (I looked briefly but found none), so if there is, feel free to move this post over to it.

I usually walk instead of fly. Though in my waking memory it seems more like I jump from point to point without actually moving. But this quest is certainly something I’ll have to try. Maybe on the moon I’ll find my gift :content:

I’m just sooo pleased I thought I would share this with you. After a particularly dry spell lately and only a couple of very low-level LDs I had a remarkable experience with several LDs one after the other! In one, I was running down some spiral stairs, which I think must have been similar to spinning, which I usually forget to try. The more I ran the clearer everything became and when I reached the bottom I bounced up and realised I was in the air! :cool: Was I pleased! :colgate:

Then a bit later on I heard my mobile phone bleep to tell me there was a text message. I remember thinking to myself that I will have to wake up to answer it. Then it bleeped again and I realised it was my dream mobile phone. I retrieved it from my pocket and was amazed to see it was identical in every respect to my normal phone - all worn out in the same areas, dust under the screen etc (it is very old and well used). I didn’t recognise the name on the display but read the text message - I couldn’t make head nor tail of the message at all! :lol: The characters made no sense and kept changing whilst I was attempting to read it. I had to laugh at myself for I knew exactly what was happening and wondered why my dream eyes couldn’t read a message. I was really intrigued to wonder who would send me a text in a dream. Really odd as my mobile was the very last thing on my mind and my real mobile was turned off during the night so it wasn’t that I had heard bleeping.

I was a bit disappointed I couldn’t make a motorbike appear when I wanted to shortly afterwards.

However, another trip up some spiral stairs in a tower to the roof and I took off and flew yet again! I was thrilled to see the ground from the air and the experience was exhilerating in every aspect. I went higher and higher, stomach lurching at ever increment, seeing more and more of the ground beneath me. Eventually I reached a height far greater than I expected to or wanted, to the extent I became rather scared/excited and woke up as a result! :roll:

Needless to say I am still smiling about the whole event and has made me more determined to try again next time. :smile:

Just thought I would have to share this with someone! :smile:

Edit: Just realised I posted this in the wrong section :roll: Sorry :sad:

(I’m posting this at the “Take your pick!” and “LD4all Quest #6: Planetary Moon: Unfold your wings and fly!”, as I wasn’t sure where to post… Sorry for the double post :smile: )

I did it! Here’s an exerpt from my DJ (It’s a big dream):

I FLEW!!!

Like a marshmallow, but I flew lol

It is in my DJ dated 14th oct…

It didnt last long, but after a few up and down jumps feeling like a Marshmallow, I jumped up and stayed there …flew around for a lil bit in the room… That was it!! Not exactly exciting I know but I FLEW!! :smile: :tongue:

A little bit late for this quest though :tongue:

I know and thanks for recognising it…

It says that I can still post but with no rewards… So i did :smile:

:unk: WOW I love this place. I am learning so much on here. I didnt know you could control it before I came on here and my dreams could often be very frightening and would usually end with me desperately trying to wake the sleeping me up, :scared: I experience SP often which also scares the geebies out of me! I nearly always start LD in the place I fell asleep, in the past I would move and float straight up, that was terrifying as it was so real and I didnt know what to do from there, Id be aware of time which is odd to me and when I do finally wake up very little time has passed and yet it could feel like I have been in the dream ages.
Anyway, after reading this I find there are techniques to gain control over the experiences, flying- flapping your arms!!! :tryfly: can cause you to do more than just float straight up…wow. I am trying this tonight. To be in control will reduce my fear response and that will enable me to explore things further. I have been reluctant to because I had such fear. This is brilliant. I cant wait to see whast happens this time. Thanks!
:colgate: