LD4all Quest 80: November: Create a Constellation!
Every month on LD4all we have a new Quest to explore your LD’s in a fun way.
Create a Constellation!
Love or hate the cold, it’s finally time for winter in the northern hemisphere. One great side effect is that the humidity gets quite a bit lower. Because of this, when the sky is clear we’re treated to some of the brightest nights of the year. This is one of the best times for those of us who like to go out late at night to see constellations at their best. But that’s not to say they couldn’t use a little personal touch here or there.
This month’s Quest is to dot the skies with your own constellation. It can be any size or shape with as many stars as you want. In fact, you could even tweak the colors of the stars if you like. Don’t forget to give it a name too!
But why stop there? You could bring the constellations to life, travel to their star systems and find intelligent, or maybe you could even become a constellation yourself. The skies are yours, have fun with it!
To complete this Quest and earn your wings
- Find the night sky in your dream (or turn day to night if needed)
- Place stars in the sky to create your own constellation
- Give it a name
- Optional: Bring it to life
- Optional: Travel to the the stars you created and see what’s there
- Post your dream in this topic (a link to your DJ is allowed but you have to post in this topic that you have succeeded)
Please be very clear if you feel you have completed the Quest or want to try again - pasQuale will only give wings if you feel you have been successful in completing the Quest, the wings are a reward for yourself.
pasQuale will give everyone who earned it their wings at the end of this Quest, so please be patient
Tips for completing this Quest
These are just suggestions of course, you can do whatever works for you
- Get inspired by checking out the real constellations for yourself
- Think of what you want your constellation to represent (certain animal, person, object, etc.)
- If you’re having trouble turning day to night: try walking in a building and back out again, expecting it to be nighttime; yell for the sun to set; flip a light switch; ask a DC to do it for you
- There are several ways you could make stars. You could rearrange some already there, pretend to poke holes in the sky ,or even just look up expecting your constellation to be there
Before going to sleep or while doing your LD incubation technique (WILD/WBTB/MILD, etc):
- Set your mind for this Quest.
- Try to picture what exactly the constellation would look like as stars
- Imagine yourself creating it in whatever way you prefer
Post your attempts, whether you feel you succeeded or not, in this topic
Last but not least: have fun everyone! Good luck and let the games begin!