LD4all Quest 95: October: From Another Time and Place
Each month on LD4all , we have a new Quest to explore your LDs in a fun way.
From Another Time and Place
It’s pretty common for LD4all’s Quests and Lucidity Challenges to involve traveling through time in a lucid dream to experience another period of history or to see how your brain envisions the future. In this Quest, however, we’re going to turn the idea on its head.
For this Quest, you’ll need to meet somebody or some creature from a different era while remaining in the present and acquire an object from a different time period. You could expect to receive a gift, or you can take an object from the person or creature by force. The person or creature can be from the distant part, the far future, or anywhere in between… except for the present, of course!
Which direction in time will you pull from?
To complete this Quest and earn your wings:* Have a lucid dream.
- Meet a person or creature in the present that would normally be in another era.
- Take or receive a physical object indicative of that era.
- Optional: Ask the person about himself/herself or play with the object.
Please be very clear if you feel you have completed the Quest or want to try again - Qu will give wings if you think you should have them; the wings are a reward for yourself.
Qu will give wings to everyone who asks for them at the end of this Quest, so please be patient.
Tips for Completing this Quest
- Dwell on what you want before dreaming; don’t count on being 100% logical and coherent in the dream itself.
- Think about what’s more important to you. Do you want to focus on the object you’ll take/receive or the person/creature you’ll meet?
- If you want a specific object, focus on why you want it to attach more emotion to your dream incubation. Perhaps you want something from the future because you want an element of science fiction in your dreams or for a passive dream control tool (e.g., portals and shrink rays). Maybe you want a knight’s sword to feel noble or to become a dream warrior. Perhaps you want a dinosaur egg because a pet T. rex would be awesome. Know why you want what you want.
- Likewise, if you want to see a particular person, focus on why this is. Do you want to meet a particular personality? Do you want to ask about the future? Do you want to talk to somebody who witnessed a historical event?
Have fun and be sure to report your findings!