Life is the Matrix

What I don’t understand is how people are using this “simulation theory” to de-bunk any religion and to say God does not exist.

For now I’m going to pretend I do live in a simulation. If this is true, then someone must have created the simulation. Now let’s pretend the people who created this simulation are already in a simulation. Surely someone must have created their simulation? So let’s keep going to the first people to create the simulation. The live in the “true” universe.

Who created them? If they were the first ones to create the simulation, then they are not in a simulation. So there are no programmers that created them. Then who created them?

This is, I think, were religion comes in.

why does everything have to have some reason for being ? If its not some far fetched religious belief to bring order to are universe and are being here its a far fetched belief or statement that we could all be in a computer simulation.

This is what the hindus believe, I wouldn’t completely rule it out as a possibility.

“Dubito, ergo cogito, ergo sum” (i doubt, therefore i think, therefore i am)

whether i am a carbon based life form or long string of binary numbers in a program it really would not change very much because ‘i am.’

if there is existence after this life i will continue to live life the way i am, seeking TRUTH/LOVE… if there is not an existence after this one i will continue to live life the way i am, seeking TRUTH/LOVE…

it is trippy to think about though :smile:

Let me rephrase that.

This, I think, is where I say “I have no ■■■■■■■ clue”

wisefully said :peek:

You all are living in real life and more or less enjoying it but the problem is that you joined real life by free will (it has so much players cause its advertised really hard) or at least because the ad nerved you. Another problem is that the service line of real live isnt included in RL so you cant tell them that you want to exit .
I as an RL co-admin can change your account to another game but cant get you out of this system

sry the game but i think your post was incredibly confusing…

explain??

This is a very interesting topic. For the longest time I believed in something like this. But how about looking at it in a different way?

What if the “programmer” of this simulation was your mind? What if reality as you know it is just creations based off of your brain? For all we know, humans might not even look like what we think they do. What if you’re just a brain sitting in the middle of space, dreaming up things. After all, every sense you have is created based off of signal interpretations of your brain. Maybe when we die we are put into another creation of our brain. By this, I mean that our next life could be in a place where zero gravity is the norm and instead of living on sphere planets, you live on cube planets.

Looking at it this way explains so much more than what living in the Matrix can explain. Everything does happen for a reason, and it happens because you’re making it happen, subconsciously or not. How did humans become the dominent species of the Earth? Simple, your brain just created such a species and placed you as one of them.

Either way though, I guess nobody can really know what the hell is going on. Are we controlled by simulation programmers, or are we controlled by what we believe?

I’ve got this crazy theory there is no real reason why we exist. In 200 billion years we wont exist anyway or are galaxy for that matter as another galaxy will colide with are’s and form a larger galaxy in the process.

Thats if we exist that long there is no order to the universe it just exists to be what it is as we exist to be what we are. But because are culture and social ways of living when we don’t understand something or don’t find something appealing like the thought that there is no real meaning of life answer we create ideas beliefs in order to bring order to something that at its core has no order in the first place.

That is a better connection to Solipsism then the instance earlier in the thread.
Where you only know that your mind is there, everything else might not exist.

From what I understand, that is Epistemological Solipsism.
Where you have no idea what the hell is going on, so you just don’t think about it.
I sure there is more to it than that though.

Wow a lot of thoughtful views on this topic.

I once heard something similar to what “The Game” mentioned… that life is like a game… it is the hardest possible level that you can play at… the level where you learn the best because its so difficult and hard to play/win. I also heard that the souls who just float around are very scared to participate in physical reality and the ones that do (us) are considered or treated like heroes… life is the toughest game out there and we all have the guts to take part in it… so we should pat ourselves on the back.

I mean… no matter how you look at the situation… its a miracle anything exists at all and we should at least take a timeout (while we still have the chance) to realise that and appreciate just being here right now.

That’s very well said 1Move. I like that quote :content: .

You’ll find when you actually do that Ben, there is a moment of stillness, of peace and quiet. It is also a form of lucid living and helps greatly with increasing your general awareness.

Each connection of Original Consciousness (Awareness) is therefore projected into an individual Holographic Virtual Reality world which the General Thought Supercomputer will coordinate with other connections of Awareness/Thought that interact with the same virtual reality movie (Creation). The ultimate Cosmic virtual reality sensory video game played by the One Mind!

There was this discovery a while back, by neuroscientists, that when we take an action (raising one’s hand for example) of some sort, there is a slight brain activity even BEFORE the thought of doing the action accured to us (if you couldn’t understand what I was saying with my lame english grammer, let me know). It poses a HUGE question to the whole free will concept, and know it got me- it really relates to the simulation theory. Think of telling a Sim to go there or eat that pizza on the floor, or take a shower… Weird.

As an proud agnostic, I really don’t think the Sim. Theory can debunk the existance of god- quite the contrary. The theory posits a CREATOR! Imagine a computer programmer- as the ultimate creator. Assume that this creator made a demi-god (like the biblical YHWA) to control the world while he’s gone to a lunch brake. Oh my, that’s a whole 21st century GNOSTIC philosophy in the making!

EXACTLY rasputin!!!

the exact same thing i was thinking a while ago!!!

like when we program characters in a videogame to think for themselves, will they question their reality? Why would they not, if we give them the option to do so.

So all of us are simulated players questioning reality merely because we were programmed to think, and naturally we did so. werd to think that in the future, video game characters will be living thinking things.

Then that poses morall question slike: is it right to kill a video game character if it thinks?

I don’t think we could live normal lives if we were to find the truth about this ‘reality’

I quite disagree. Sevral Hindu concepts tell us just that: the we are a dream in the mind of god. Check out the movie “Ghost Dog”, it quotes a book named Hagakure- the book of the samurai that also mentiones the dream argument. Chuang Tsu made the same remark using the butterfly dream story.
In a society where the hottest topic is Britney’s weight, we won’t change our lives too much even if a giant mouse cursor will hit our head with the speed of light.

but if we are programming, and someone found this out, wouldnt they be deleted? i mean we wouldnt have free will if we were programs rite? so unless someone made you to find out that we were like a game. then that would be weird.

besides it would take some exellent programmers to make this big of a “game” with people with such complex and non robotic like personalities.
idk