Long-Term Lucid Tasklist!

I Forgot Something Important so I couldn’t complete the skydiving task as planned. Although there was clearly the feeling of falling :shy: Anyway, I only came here to claim a single point for lucidity, and you may even say I only do it out of spite of my bad luck :lol: That dream was cut way too short again.

For reference, the task board can be found here.

2 Likes

Updating the boards. I didn’t realize the Skydiving task was the one you were going for in that dream! I can’t wait for you to get it… I wanna read how you decide to land. :stuck_out_tongue:

To be honest I’m not so occupied with the landing, I’m more looking forward to enjoying the free fall and the view :tongue: But if I have to land then I’m set on how that should look like!

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure I have @Marvin to thank for this lucid (seeing and reading his gave my subconscious a boot or something)… I had another medium-short LD this morning… and I did “An Upside Down Walk” task! Finally some traction… it’s been, like, 2+ weeks since my last lucid… I sure hope it’s not another two weeks before my next!

For reference, the task board can be found here

2 Likes

I think you’re giving me too much credit, but I’m always glad to be of assistance :lol:

Congratulations on achieving the task! I enjoyed reading the dream(s) of your last post. The lively description makes it easy to imagine what you were experiencing. I always imagined I would walk up the wall and eventually the ceiling for this task, but some jump-flip-combo seems a lot more approachable actually :stuck_out_tongue:

For reference, the task board can be found here

2 Likes

2021-06-04T05:00:00Z: Off World

Objective: Visit another planet!

Alright, spacefarers, time for another trip to the cosmos… All you have to do is visit a different planet than Earth. It could be a real one from our own solar system or something completely random pulled straight from you subconscious! As long as you certain it’s not the one we currently call home it’ll count! When you get to your destination, be sure to look around and take in the local sights. Flora and fauna, for sure, but also look at the sky! How many suns? Moons? Rings?! Your imagination is the limit!

2 Likes

Had a short lucid dream this morning and I did “an upside down walk” too! It was in the front of my mind from reading @Cornelia_Xaos’s journal and @Marvin’s response. I actually did believe in the dream that the jump-flip combo would be easier than walking up the wall, but walked up anyway :lol:

2 Likes

Congrats, @Splash! So glad to see someone else do a task. :smile: I’ll log your dream on the task board right away. :grinning:

I also have a short lucid to report… It’s not much, but it was spontaneous and something so… Yea… :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I spontaneously became lucid during some Sport Activities this morning :smiley: For the duration I think it warrants 2 points. Unfortunately I didn’t do a task or anything else that would be significant for ld4all.

1 Like

I’ve been enjoying reading everyone’s journals lately!

Happy to report a long lucid for me! When I read the recording the plot doesn’t seem that long, but I swear it did feel like quite a length of time (it was my last sleep cycle and I was lucid from about the start, to my recall); awareness was a little low and recall is a bit fuzzy is all :lol:
I’m a bit disappointed in myself for not giving the magic crayon a go, but it it’s not already something in the task list pool, drawing something to life would be a fun objective!

1 Like

Congratulations on the lucid. Now who’s going for "all the points“ :lol: Lucid and the treasure in the same dream.

It did read like a long time to me actually :yes:

YES! When I read about the crayons I was so curious what you’re going to do with them. And then nothing happened. Well, let’s say we are all hyped up for their next appearance then ^^

Yes, @Cornelia_Xaos please add it!

1 Like

Congratulations, both of you, for your lucids! I’ll update the task board right away… as well as add the crayon task to the backlog of future tasks… though I need to figure out what category it will be. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

:lol: I would deny it, but I seem to be motivated by the treasure and points :lol: Although I am surprised the treasure showed up, I wasn’t incubating it or anything.

:rofl: RIGHT?! That would have been so cool haha.
To my memory, one time when I wanted to talk to Carol, I drew a quick sketch of her on a piece of paper in a dream, and she spoke to me as this animated sketch. BUT I can’t seem to find the entry in my digital journal. So, I either made that up or it’s in my paper journal, OR I need a better system for organizing my digital dream journal :lol:

Not to derail again, but I’m wondering, is it frowned upon in the forum to upload past journal entries/entire journals (in their own thread, of course)? I notice a few forum members do so from time to time and I’ve been considering trying to find a place to upload a few things as a backup incase my computer and external hard drive are lost in some kind of tragedy. Loosing my journal would crush me.

1 Like

I don’t know why you use strike trough for that, but I think nobody would frown upon you for doing that. Maybe you noticed that I’m also Posting some of my old dreams every now and then^^

1 Like

2021-06-18T05:00:00Z: Explore a Volcano

Objective: Explore the scorching environ of a volcano!

As a nice parallel to the previous biome task, for this one you’ll need to travel (any way you’d like) to a volcano, preferably an active one! Hike (or ride, or fly) up the side of the towering behemoth and gaze into its smoldering caldera… or try (not) to avoid molten globs of rock as it erupts, shaking the ground and turning the sky gray with ash. If you’re really brave, you could take a swim in the boiling rock and explore the insides of the volcano itself.

2021-07-02T05:00:00Z: Play an Instrument

Objective: Play any musical instrument!

The objective of this task is to make some music! Find and play any musical instrument of your choice! Piano, guitar, flute… accordion, dulcimer, didgeridoo… EWI, synthesizer, theremin… It doesn’t matter as long as it’s an instrument! You can even make up your own for this task! As long as you play some kind of melody on it you’re good!

PS: It’s a little saddening that this thread went two weeks without any activity… :slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like

Whew! Recall has been a little spotty the past few weeks for me and I’ve been super busy in WL, but after cleaning my bed room my recall has been a little better (cluttered room, cluttered mind? Clean room, clear recall??? Something about giving my sleeping space some care probably gave me a boost, I guess?)

Also got some powerful feelings backing up my MILD mantras from my recent piano interest.

Excited to claim points for the instrument task and for a long LD! I actually had set my intention to play the piano (although I hoped to play with Carol) right before I saw the instrument task posted on the task list before bed last night.

2 Likes

Yay! Congratulations, @Splash! On both the task and the long LD! I’m really pleased with the choice of music you played. Already feeling nostalgic… and I’m not quite done with the show yet. :stuck_out_tongue: Anywho, I’ll update the task board with your new details. :smile:

1 Like

And an unexpected short LD from me this morning! It’s not much, but it’s my first lucid in, like… 40 days so… yea… I’ll take it. Hopefully, I can have another soon. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

2021-07-16T05:00:00Z: An Animated World

Objective: Experience an “Animated” Dreamscape!

Time for something a bit more challenging… maybe! For this task, you will need to convert / visit a dreamscape in which everything is animated! Whether that be in the style of children’s cartoons, Japanese anime, or even cell-shaded video games, as long as the world around you seems drawn to life it will count. So go re-enact your favourite show and enjoy the fun!