Long-Term Lucid Tasklist!

That’s fine thank you :blush::blush:

Not as good as yours and Marvin’s transformations.

Maybe I should just revert it to how the LC does with subjective, personal lengths… my only qualm with doing so is that, in my experience, all my lucids end up as “mediums” because of averages. If I could get everyone’s input on this, I’d probably end up going with whatever the majority thinks. I personally went with “subjective time length” in minutes in order to have something somewhat divorced from personal averages to try to make it a bit more quantified.

Okay, but I still don’t know if you feel like you did the task or not… the dream reads like you did… but you’ve only said “attempted” so… :shrug: :stuck_out_tongue:

Please give me 1 more lucidity point for my Unresolution. It was about 1 minute only.

As for the lucidity points discussion, I am very happy with the current rules actually. The reason why I approve of this way of tracking the points is because it provides a much more absolute means of scoring. I can understand why Cornelia wants to have a metric like this, because it allows better comparison between participants and also with your former and future self. As a compromise however, I wouldn’t be angry if other participants just rate their LDs based on a personal scale of 1 through 5.

I think we can reach a consensus here. Let’s see:

Please help me better understand your point view. Please try to describe what those feelings are that you get about assigning a value to your LDs.

For reference, the task board can be found here.

Your point is incoming, @Marvin, and I’m glad you’re also having a lucidity streak. It feels nice to be having LDs again, even if they’re short. I’m very glad I started this last month. :slightly_smiling_face:

This was my main reason for switching to some kind of time unit. Spot on there.

Also… one short LD for me this morning as well! Oh… and the rest of those two dreams were just massive amounts of false lucidity. :stuck_out_tongue:

Oh! Sure! So my conflict is not about assigning value to my LDs. It’s about making that value based on the length of that dream. Like my head feels conflicted to say “this dream is worth more because it was longer than this other one.” Although I think I am getting too much in my head about it and actually I think I’m over it now :rofl: It’s be a bit chaotic at my workplace(s) lately (interviewing some job candidates, (literally) planting seeds for a big project, and doing some floral work for Valentines!) so I think I’ve been a little flustered about everything and anything the past few days :rofl:

When I remove the minutes from assessing the length, I feel much more positive and confident about the metric. Maybe just because I’ve never thought about my dreams in minutes (?) although I can think of them as “short, medium, or long” for more of a relative scale (as I mentioned, many of my dreams feel very long, so ones that feel “short” or “medium” might be long in minutes to others?) and that feels better to me.

Completely valid and I am totally still on board if you want to keep it how it is! Just thought I might express my perspective. If it ends up that most my LDs end up being 5 point shots, (since most of them seem longer than 8 minutes) that’s alright with me too :lol:

2021-02-12T06:00:00Z: Pizza!

Objective: Eat a slice of pizza. Any kind will do!

Time for the first food task! Find yourself a slice of pizza and take a bite. Whether its tomato-based, gluten free, with or without cheese. If it’s pizza, it’ll do. Remember to savor the flavor!

So I kind of get your reasoning… the only problem is that ascribing a quality level to lucids is rather difficult… and quality tends to be proportional to the length of the lucid dream most of the time (unstable dreams / low quality lucids tend not to last very long, either with the dreamer waking up or fading back into a normal dream). Not sure what a good solution is right now…

I also noticed a conflicting aspect of the length based estimation. I spent really long dreams balancing on the blurry line between auto pilot ND and real clarity LD, which would score well on the minutes level but feel less satisfying. Then there are unfortunately short lucid dreams where I’m the ultimate god of the dream world in both omniscience and omnipotence, but which would still only score a single point.
But like Cornelia said, the quality level is very subjective whereas the time duration metric has more of an objective side to it, that’s why I also like it. I’m fine however if other people on the task board use a different approach.

I wonder, @Splash, what feelings do you have in general about assigning a numerical value and thus a “worth“ to a dream?

My brain is all fried, sorry if my rambling makes no discernable sense :mrgreen:

All valid points. When I think about trying to come up with an objective metric to base points on I really can’t come up with anything better than length, honestly.

At first, I wasn’t sure if I liked it because I think all dreams have an inherent “worth” and I wasn’t sure if it was fair to rank some as more worth than others. However, I think I’ve kinda been assigning “worth” to my dreams and LDs for a while now in some form. I keep a loooong running bulleted list of all my dream journal entries with the date and a short title. I use font size to designate how significant the dream seems to me. Tiny pt.8 font? not a very prominent dream. 13 pt. font? Super significant, probably an emotionally important moment for me.

And now I’m settling on the that stance that the objective and parameters of LTLT is more fun and motivating than anything. Not gonna lie I know it’s not a competition but sharing things here and “earning” points for dreams is actually a pretty fun and motivating thing, even if there’s no perfect metric for assigning points. It does feel pretty great to say:

Put me down for 10 points because I had a long LD in which I did the mirror task and it would be one that I would add to my personal list in a 12 or 13 pt. font, OR (Excerpts from) Feb 13, 2021.

I’m trying to either find or buy and item- I’m out on a errand or something, but people are following me. They carry with them this off-putting unsettling energy. They’re not chasing me down, but walking, slowly, just following me around.
I walk through an odd series of rooms. Several have some furniture in them, but they have strange layouts with lots of corners and different floor heights.

I pass through a room set up like a kitchen into another room with some wardrobes and mirrors. I’m at a higher level than most the room, which has a lower section but no apparent stairs.
Suddenly, I’m spontaneously lucid, this is a dream!

A dream character resembling one of my friends stands in the room. She is wearing her orange hat and her hair is a pastel pink. I haven’t been enjoying the dream thus far, there’s this odd ominous energy from the people following me. I wonder if they’ll show up soon.

I turn to my friend “I want to (transition to a new dream, the next dream- how do I do that)?” She looks at me kinda clueless, like she’s not sure but she tries to come up with something. “Just fall back (off the wardrobe).” she says so in a tone and with a gesture that she has no clue but just wanted to suggest an idea, to be fun or silly.

There is a wardrobe that I can walk out onto and I could fall back onto the lower level. I wonder if falling back may wake me up, but decide to try it. I walk out to the edge and turn around. I shift my weight into my heels and let myself rock off the side. I hit the ground painlessly, the dream stable. Well, that didn’t do a thing.

I know I wanted to dance with STEVE, but the energy in this dream isn’t right for that right now. I should have a backup idea, right? “Well”, I muse to myself, “I could go back to that kitchen and eat some pizza for the long term lucid task list challenge…”

“Or…” I look around the room eyeing a large mirror on the wall. “…(Perhaps I can change this dream yet! -And do one of the other task list objectives at the same time)!”

I can go through this mirror and maybe that’ll shift the dream to something new too! I approach the mirror and put my hand up to it. Upon trying to go through, it seems like I am bumping into my own reflection, which reflects me as I usually look. Usually when I try to go through solid objects similar to this, it helps to move slowly, but since that doesn’t seem to be working I decide to try another method.

I backup and then run at the mirror. As I get close to it, I decide to drop down and try a baseball slide into it. As I connect with the mirror, it seems to swing open where I hit it like two double doors being pushed open at the same time. It closes behind me and I find myself in a new room

(Well, not quite what I wanted or expected…I’m not sure if that’ll count for the LTLT…), I get the feeling the people are still following me, too, and decide I should try again. Coincidently, this room is filled with mirrors. Several of them look like the mirrors I had in my room growing up. Body length mirrors with green or blue trim. I find a large square mirror with a thick decorative silver trim leaning up against a white wall among the other mirrors. This one should do nicely. I try the slow approach again and lean my shoulder and upper body through the mirror first. I find myself able to slip through. The surface seems to ripple a bit as I step through to the other side and pull my other leg through.

The looming energy from the people following me is gone. Here it’s bright and the energy is lighthearted. I see a nice brown and black checkered ballroom dance floor. I think the space seems like it’s part of a large venue, perhaps a large fancy hotel.

Now this is the place to dance! I a approached by a young adult with straight shoulder length black hair. She has warm brown eyes and appears to be of Korean ethnicity. She has a warm smile. I take her hand and walk out onto the dance floor. “(You don’t quite look like STEVE usually does…)”

She has an upbeat tone to her voice (“IT’S NOT THE APPERANCE THAT MATTERS, BUT THE ENERGY ITSELF!),” She points with both hands to her smile. I laugh at STEVE’s playful nature, her energy is unmistakable. As soon as I call her façade, I notice her energy shift out of the DC, it moves out of the room and comes running back in STEVE’s usual form, a Caucasian young adult wearing a white dress with a red sash and platinum blonde electric hair. The other DC moves off the dance floor as STEVE jumps into my arms enthusiastically. “(May I have this dance?)” I give her a platonic kiss on the cheek, delighted to have this moment with her. “(IT WOULD BE MY HONOR.)”

Another familiar form enters the ballroom, Carol’s energy is also unmistakable. Her presence demands the attention of everyone in the room. The chatter among DCs quiets down and all attention is turned to her. She doesn’t even have to announce her call to a toast as she announces STEVE and I about to dance.

She seems to be scolding as she speaks, but with a smile in her voice, “(And now, all eyes to the dance floor to witness the pair that I have had the misfortune of knowing to ruin all the things I have ever planned…)” she pauses and her tone turns soft “(…in the best possible way…The dreamer and STEVE, everyone-)” The DCs in the room clap from their seats at round tables and the room goes dark except for the lights on us.

I smoothly spin STEVE out of my arms onto the dance floor beside me with her hand in mine. We raise our outside arm in unison to receive the welcome of the audience and Carol’s introduction. I glance over to STEVE to find that somewhere in the spin her outfit has changed to nice dark suit with a bright red tie. I think I’m wearing something similar. Time to shine!

We swing dance across the floor. I am incredibly joyful to have this moment. Dancing with STEVE is always a delight. As usual there’s quite a bit of spinning and sliding across the floor. I match her enthusiasm and high energy.

Off the floor somewhere Carol continues talking, but I am not sure what she says.

STEVE and I continue our dance. Spinning, sliding, hand in hand. Step close , then away, then back again. I’m so focused on the flow that I don’t notice the gradual change in scenery, the ballroom has changed to the floral design lab room and Carol’s talking has turned into [[my boss]] instructing students with a floral design demo. I think [[a coworker]] is with her too, but I don’t turn my focus away from the dance long enough to find out.

STEVE and I share a unique joy dancing together. Even if we are not trying to form Recovery, her energy lives in the dance in some form. We swing together until I wake up, the dream slowly fades away.

[[End]].

:shy:

3 Likes

If we could define a scale for that which wouldn’t be subjective I’d totally go for that instead… problem is that defining a scale is hard and always displeases some. :stuck_out_tongue:

Congrats! I’ve noted your points! :grinning: (Also I have so many questions about your dream… from how you decide to use parentheses and capitalization to who is STEVE and Carol. :stuck_out_tongue: [size=5]Also… do I spy elements of Steven Universe? No spoilers please. Currently watching with my girlfriend.[/size] )

I could talk about STEVE and Carol for days but I'll try to keep it brief.

Carol and STEVE are main DCs in my dreams, mostly my lucid dreams! It took me a while to figure it out but, Carol is a representation of my subconscious. Competent and intuitive, but perhaps a bit pedantic and conceited, tough love type. A master of both the smirk and the eye roll. Over the years we’ve become quite close. Some people would probably call her a “dream guide?” She has a very powerful presence in my dreams, like everything next to her seems a little bit smaller in comparison.

STEVE’s full name is STEVE Storm Trauma. She’s the personification of my emotional trauma which has a long story woven through my dreams. Means well, wants to be helpful, but her category 5 energy can be overwhelming sometimes, which is why when I first met her she often appeared to me as a giant. She can blow things out of proportion, but her and I see more eye to eye nowadays. As for her first name caps and her dialogue in caps, well, she’s an uppercase character so I’ve always used uppercase letters in my dream journal for her. :lol: Her name is actually pronounce like “Styve” but when I first met her she insisted to me that it was spelled STEVE. Part of her DC quirkiness?

STEVE and I have a complex relationship, but it’s a relationship with a name, and that name is Recovery!!! -Which will give you the influence from Steven Universe! Recovery is our fusion! She has a physical form in my dreams, but she’s like a mindset or perspective in WL. Born from the dance, not the fight. Proud of her scars. For me, Recovery is about accepting my relationship with Trauma, not forgetting about it or getting rid of it. Knowing STEVE has helped me so much, accepting her presence in my life has made it possible to replace feelings of fear and panic from some situations with love in a very transformative way. Thanks to Steven Universe for inspiring a realization of these complex emotional relationships! Also the experience of fusion in a dream is very unique :relaxed:

[Carol, STEVE, Anxiety (STEVE’s feral adopted cat), Me (+my magic dream umbrella :lol: ), and Recovery]

For a long time I’ve been very reserved about these characters and my dreams, but I think I’m starting to feel a little more comfortable sharing some of it? It feels really nice to talk about with other lucid dreamers :relaxed:

As for the parentheses, I usually use them to summarize the meaning of words which I might not remember exactly, OR to summarize a wordless expression that was just inherently understood in the dream between characters. Like telepathic communication in a way? But in my own head?

Also, I’ve spent some time thinking about this, and I think you’ve won me over! I would agree that many of my treasured dream experiences and emotionally significant dream moments are from longer LDs. The length isn’t the reason why those are important dreams, but it is certainly correlated in a lot of cases as you mention with unstable dreams being short.

Glad to hear that you can enjoy the LTLT in full after thinking a about the specifics some more. Also judging from your last dream you posted, it seems you are giving the tasks quite some consideration in your lucids as well :smiley:

Now on to more lucid dreams!

In other words, she’s a Tsundere!

That’s maybe the biggest merit of LD4all :yes: There are many tutorials and other resources on the internet on lucid dreaming. But this forum is a really nice place for building a more tightly knit community around other people with a common interest and enjoying dreams in a social way that’s otherwise impossible.

I think that’s a nice syntax for this concept. We all have experiences like this, for which there is no adequate description in the language of waking life. It’s like dream intuition or FM.

Since I went a little off topic and helped derail the topic even further, I find it necessary to point out that

1 Like
Not to derail the topic further

BAHAHAHA :rofl: Dear lord this got me.

I have a pretty good memory in my dreams of WL and dream objectives. So the LTLT has been good fodder for back up ideas if the night doesn’t seem right for my personal goals. :smile: But I might be able to integrate some of the ideas into my personal goals, thinking I might actually like a meeting with STEVE (and perhaps Carol) over pizza haha.

1 Like

Yo, @Splash, that’s awesome and all that art is amazing. Glad I picked up on the Steven Universe hints and asked about it… Doing a fusion in a dream sounds like loads of fun and something I have to put on my long list of tasks… Maybe Cardia would be up for it… if I ever get around to having Lynn’s tea party first and whatever Sophia wants to do. :stuck_out_tongue:

Part of why I started this, in addition to increasing my lucidity as it had fallen off, was to hopefully get back to those personal goals. Life just keeps managing to get in the way, somehow… like with my past week plus of no journaling and whatnot. Still, it’s posts like yours that give me a bit more motivation… maybe something will happen this weekend… only one way to find out. :stuck_out_tongue:

so the most recent task here is the eating of pizza correct? if so that fits in perfectly with my other lucid challenge to eat dream food lol. count me in!

I’d like to claim points for the previous night. I had two lucid dreams and want to score the bigger one where I was Applying My Own Lucid Dreaming Skill Set. The duration was about 4-5 minutes, so I think 3 points for that.

As for task completion, I went for the pizza because that beautifully aligns with another quest I had in my backlog. But that was one elusive Italian gourmet experience, I can tell you :sob: I also went through very reflective surfaces twice (a skyscraper window and a clear lake). I could count those as a mirror but I didn’t actually indent to do this task and just instrumentally did those things. So I will definitely not claim the mirror task. No task points at all I’m afraid :joy:

@TheNexus , you can complete any current or previous task. They’re all available. I suggest reading the rules in the first post. :slightly_smiling_face:

Fantastic dream, @Marvin! I’m glad to have made an appearance. :grinning: I hope you get your transformation down at some point and also get a delicious slice. Points are logged!

And… yet again… we both have lucid dreams at around the same time… as I also had pretty good LD this morning… I would say it was between 6-8 minutes… and I ate some pizza! Completely by accident as I didn’t recall it was a task until I decided on getting some. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Aww thank you :relaxed:
I was actually musing to myself that fusion could be a way to achieve the many arms task! However, Recovery has one set of arms so it might work for someone else but not me :lol: (she does however, have two hearts :heart: :heart: as well as some significant scars she is very proud of).

Curious who Cardia, Lynn, and Sophia are?

This really warmed my heart because I’ve always been so reserved about my dreams, but I think I’m starting to believe there is some value in sharing them. Glad to hear you got another LD!

Also great dream @Marvin ! It’s cool to read about all the stuff you were trying in that one dream.

I had lucid dream Monday morning! I thought I might as well go ahead and share despite not achieving any tasks or doing anything really because the dream alluded to the forum :lol:
I guess I also believe that any lucid time is worth celebrating :partying_face:

Feb 22, 2021

 February 22, 2021
I’m walking down a hallway with a wooden floor. To my left are small rooms, perhaps offices. I feel kinda disconnected from this dream- oh! This is a dream! I stare at the wood texture on the floor to try to ground myself to the dream. It looks quite similar to a wood texture I’ve been using in my art lately, the one on Carol’s piano.

The dream starts to fade away, and I wake up.
[[End]]
 February 22, 2021
But I’m back!- In the hallway as before, but the offices are gone and in front of me at the end of the hallway is a large open room. I enter and find it full of furniture like an Ikea or something. I should find STEVE, I want to talk with her. I wanted to talk over pizza for the LTLT on the LD4all forum, seems more fun this way.
I might have a piece of pizza in my hand, I’m not sure.
I walk through the floor of furniture into another room, looking for STEVE. Inside I find a large creature. It’s somewhat caterpillar like with an elongated body and several nubby arms. It’s about as big as I am. It’s fluffy and cute with large dark eyes and a little smile. The fur on its back is pale orange and lightly striped with a darker rich orange and its belly is covered in a creamy colored fur. It has strong resemblance to @TheNexus 's dream bug drawing, which I saw in the forum the night before.
It’s adorable.
I try to ask it about where I might be able to find STEVE, but soon realize it is deaf. I attempt to communicate with it the limited sign language I know.
[[End Recall]]

I guess I would like to claim 1 points for that night? like I’m not sure if I would count these as separate dreams or not but the total lucid time was really short, certainly less than 2 minutes, I just happened to wake up in the middle.

1 Like

Do you share them with anyone at all, in particular your girlfriend? Is your reservation maybe a product of bad experiences from talking about them in real life? As a kid this was never a problem among peers but as an adult it seems to be. The first response is always a weird look.
I used to be dating somebody who’s also into lucid dreaming and we always shared our dreams in the morning and both writing in our DJ as first step of action each day was perfectly normal. It roughly coincides with the first edition of my LD4all. So having somebody to confide in definitely helps to open up in this regard.

How do you stand about opening a dedicated dream journal on the forums? That way you can find them more easily if you want to look at them later and it can also invite discussions like we’re already having here anyway, regularly derailing the topic. Like for example:

GIVE ME A PLUSHIE VERSION OF IT!!1

That’s also why I joined the task list in the first place. Not just tasks get you points, but following your own agenda is perfectly fine, too, yet you still get the feeling of accomplishment and can rack up points and motivation together :fist:

2 Likes

I do share them with my girlfriend; she’s very receptive towards my dreams and supports and encourages my lucid dreaming. She’s been invested in my dream stories for close to 7 or 8 years now. I tell her my dreams almost daily if I have something interesting to share.
Other than her, the people I discus my dreams with that I know in WL are very few. There’s no one that really hears it all, just if it comes up. I have one closer friend that I sometimes approach with it but not often.

I’m not really sure what I hesitate so much to be open with it though. I’m already eccentric and weird and I embrace that, I don’t care if most people think I am strange or if they don’t believe me. I guess what does hold me back is the idea that people I care about might dismiss something I love so dearly. In particular I think about my sister. We grew up close and I would say we are still pretty close but I’ve mostly kept my dreaming stuff a secret from her. I wonder if I’m starting to feel like I just can’t be my authentic self without sharing this part of me with the world (?). Almost 10 years of keeping it to myself and it’s really really trying to escape from me, it seems.
Joining the forum last year was something I really hesitated on, but I am glad I am here now because it’s nice to be a part of a community of people who do care about these things.

Sometimes I feel like my writing or my words do a disservice to my dream world. Like my written journal doesn’t quite capture that spark I feel. Maybe I do want to share my dreams with the world, but I want to do them justice and I just feel like I can say it so much better with my art. :weary:
I started drawing parts of my journal in comic form. I love it, I love it so much. The project fills me with a great passion and love for my dreams, but I’m a slow artist so keeping a visual dream journal on the regular would be an unsustainable goal.

I can’t even think of a time I was vulnerable sharing a lucid dream with someone that ended up being a “bad experience.” Maybe I should come out with it.

I keep my journal on my laptop so it’s as easy as a cut and paste and any edit if I want to censor something. I was starting to wonder if I should open a limited DJ on here, especially if it’s just the dreams that I would share on here anyways (for the LTLT or dream treasure hunt and stuff), but part of me still has some reservations about it I can’t quite place? Might need to think on it a few nights to sort out my feelings. Perhaps consult Carol. I’m possibly just being stubborn trying to hold onto something that wants to be set free just because I’ve held onto it for so long (which isn’t a particularly compelling reason to do so).

because I’ve gone so far and should have probably just replied as a PM, I should let everyone reading know that this is still the LTLT and, for reference, the task board can be found here.

2 Likes