Lucid challenge # 20 - Task 5: Message in a bottle

Total points!

Amaryllis: 115 + 35 (task completed) + 30 (LD) +10 (bonus) = 190
Shadow dreamer: 75 + 35 (task completed) +30 (LD) +10 (bonus) + 10 (bonus2) = 160
Legendary dreamer: 70 + 10 (remembering the task) +30 (LD) +30 (OOBE) = 140
Q: 50 +15 (because you didn’t -want to- change something :tongue:) +30 (LD) + 10 (bonus) + 15 (bonus2) = 120
Rkr7: 75
Alissa: 75
Cauli: 75
Download: 30

TASK 3 - Meet your spirit guide

This one is easy, so I hope everyone can do it! :grin: With this task, you have to find your spirit guide, it doesn’t matter how. It could be a ghost, an angel, a god or goddess, maybe someone who passed away… Have a conversation with him/her (it? :tongue: ) and try to remember it. You can ask anything you want!

You remember the task but you can’t find your spirit guide: +10
You find your spirit guide but you can’t have a conversation with him/her (if you woke up too soon): +15
You find your spirit guide and ask something but you don’t get an answer. (or you don’t understand what he/she is saying or you forget the answer when you wake up): +20
You find your spirit guide and can talk with him/her. You ask something, he/she answers: +30

+5 points extra if you can ask more then 1 thing. :smile:

Bonus: +10 if you did the task before Saturday, 29 Aug, at 18.00 GMT.
Bonus 2: +10 if you also find your animal totem. :wiske:

LD: +30 (and +10 for the next ones in the same period, if you were awake in between)
OOBE: +15 (and +5 for the next ones)

Good luck everyone! :content:
And don’t forget to post the link to your dream!!

This sounds intressting! Can’t wait to meet mine! (i hope it’s a ghost or a angel :grin:

Wow, this will be interesting… I’ve been trying to do this for months. Maybe the competition will compel me to get it done. :spinning:

Also, Ill add my DJ link to my sig.
Edit: Added. :content:

sorry for not doing any task , I just didn’t had a very vivid LD so I couldn’t do it m but i’m still in with hope to be lucid soon…
Actually till the 30th I’ll have a LD because I have a goal , and it worked last time so it will work now too, I can’t wait to meet my SG.

I had two LD’s yesterday and one today (I didn’t read the task in time, otherwise I would have tried for sure! :wink: )

One full-length LD last night, though it was so long that there are some fragments missing. I will start to journal it later as I just woke up and I’m typing this on my iPod :tongue:. I had, once again, got my mind so immersed in the hypnagogic imagery. I had to check on my iPod for the task, but I’m sure I will do it tonight or tomorrow.

EDIT: Here is the dream:

[spoiler]Thursday, August 27th 2009 - 1 new lucid dream!
This time I believe I have just invented a new method for flying.

Dream #1: “Flying: Success!!!” - Lucid: YES :biggrin: - Type: DILD
This is another lucid dream that I just had last night. I had this song stuck in my head all night last night and woke up with it in my head in the morning. AMAZING SONG!

Anyways, this dream was a very long one, so there are some fragments (maybe even some huge chunks) lost after waking up. In the hypnagogic imagery that I had last night, a new, creative concept was presented to me, which greatly helped flying in this dream.

In the imagery, there was a scorching hot desert with dead trees scattered all over. In the middle, there was a train track. I was standing right in front of the train track. Suddenly, a train passed by. Meanwhile, another clone of me started falling (seeming like it was downwards), passing the original me by. This new concept was created for flying: everyone has their own gravity! This inspired me to try flying again. If I come across any fragments while recalling the dream, then I will post them in the “fragments” section below, if I don’t know where they came in.

I don’t remember much before I became lucid. I’m in my bedroom, everything is dark. I check the time, which seems to be a little bit blurrier than normal. 10:03. I look back. 50:03. Again, 10:10 --> 50:10. This prompts me to become lucid.

I’m not sure where this comes in, but I believe it’s at the end of the dream. It’s outside, daytime, very vivid, but in somewhere I don’t know of. This place is symmetrical. One building encloses a circle, there’s steps leading to the main door, and fountains on each side.
Dad and I are flying in our car again (Woooohoooo!!! It’s very fun and exhilarating). The car is an old one, slightly rusted with blue paint which is starting to rip off. It’s a convertible, with its top off. High up in the night sky, through some gorgeous white clouds, I become very exhilarated. Suddenly he loses control and plummets towards the ground (inside the circle but outside the building). We just about landed hood-first, but just inches before we hit the ground I stop the car and fly out. I softly and safely land on my back, while I put the car down. After that, he thanks me and flies off, taking the car with him.
Suddenly I hear Ike (from Super Smash Bros. Brawl) yell “THUNDER!!!” I look up in the sky and all of a sudden it’s covered in grey clouds and it starts raining. I began to consider the dream’s vividness and stability, as the streetlights right beside the fountains turn on. All of a sudden, a huge lightning strike destroys the ground along with the rest of the dream world as I hear a loud clash. For a while I float around in nothing and I wake up.

Fragments:

• The dream scene was a reoccurring one. Happened in some of my semi-lucid dreams I had when I was young.
  • Dad was wearing a Superman coat, along with a red cape.
  • As I looked up towards the sky, I see a huge Transformers robot flying across the sky. It looks like a mix between Transformers and the Pokemon Zapdos.[/spoiler]

Well, my WBTB method that I used last week worked again :content:

[spoiler][color=darkred]At my dream I was at some sort of party. I’m not exactly sure when I became lucid, but my lucidity got to the point where I wanted to complete the task. I didn’t want to do to AT the party though, so I transported to a number of beaches (I think I visited at least 3… Man I’m picky) until I found one I liked.

I looked a little down the shore. There was a man with rather… outlandish… hair a little down the way. I asked if he was my Spirit Guide… and he said no. But he knew what I was talking about. He led me off to the side of the beach where there was a mother and 3 puppy huskies. He pionted to one of the pups and said “That’s Richie.” (In other words that was me.) [/color][/spoiler]

The dream and my lucidity went downhill from there… but I did end up against that guy on Iron Chef.

So I still haven’t found my Spirit Guide :cry: But I do know my animal totem. And it’s the must awesome dog ever.

Had an LD, I remembered the task, but… :sad:
I really wonder what those flashes are…

I’ve had bad luck in this area before, and my DR is unfortunately in and out. Currently out. I WILL finish a task on this challenge! :tongue:

I don’t want to win, just want to finish a task.

I had one incredibly beautiful OBE! The first time out of the house… i just jumped out of the window and flew! I also got a ND with a message for Q :smile: I posted it in my DJ :wink:
Too bad the OBE bonuspoints are over now :tongue:

Blah, I couldn’t sleep last night…
Hopefully I can do it tonight!
Edit: Wow, my 250th post! :spinning:

No LDs’ no spirit guides either, but maybe tonight :grin:

Finally an LD!! :grin: I’ve been having quite a dry spell! But last night I became lucid while flying in the mall. I remembered the task of changing your past. So looked for away to get there and when through this dark door to an empty store thinking it might take me to my past but instead I woke up. :cry: Maybe tonight!! :wink:

Ow, *Amaryllis comforts lidybug and wishes everyone good luck tonight :hugs:
I don’t like it when that happens either! I hate waking up lol :tongue:

Another LD last night, but again not related to the task. It was hysterical. The dream was so funny I was laughing my ass off xD

:content: Thanks Amaryllis! I needed that :wink:

Little OBE in witch I remembered the task this evening, but it was too unstable and I woke up.

SPOILER - Click to view

I remember entering infinite mirrors, very similar to the Portal game infinite motion thing (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_bTsdmjgvs#movie_player) then I have a FA (OBE?). I wake up, it is hard to move, there is a mirror in the floor of my room. I want to reach it or the window, but I’m not capable of. With impaired movement, I rub my hands a little and start asking for my spiritual guide. Nothing happens, the dream sadly fades.

Since it’s Friday, I’ll try this again with WBTB tonight.

No spirit guides, and no party :tongue: and no LD’s.

I did have a very profound ND, but not related to the task :tongue:

Another OBE after the WBTB, but I think I didn’t remember the task or preferred to do something else. My lucid dreams have been so short!