Lucidity Challenge 39: Congratulations, Koharo!

I had a lucid dream last night where I lost and regained lucidity. Both instances were pretty short.

[url]https://community.ld4all.com/t/ians-dreamworld-journeys-starting-anew/39235/13]

Another short LD. I levitated something again, but I don’t think that counts for anything. I could of sworn that I saw a wolf in one of my dreams last night, but I can’t actually remember the dream. :sad:

Ugh, tonight I dreamt I was in Nicolas Cage’s house, which made me wonder if I was dreaming because celebrities are a dreamsign of mine, but I woke up right afterwards :T

Last night I wondered if I was dreaming, but no lucidity.

Siiw, I’ll add in 3 creativity points for trying to take advantage of the situation the dream gave you.

BrandonBoss, it’s not like this is the first time you’ve reported that you and your wife were doing things.~

ian1, every bit of lucidity counts!

HeadInTheClouds, noooooooooo. :sad: Bad recall is the worst. Points for the LD, though. Every LD you’ve had so far has been short… are you sure you’re defining “short” right?

paual, that’s still 5 points! You’re on the scoreboard!

LDbc12, the same 5 points go to you!

Remember that Task 3 will be posted tomorrow. I also have some major topic-cleaning to do in the near future, as the high amount of participants combined with my constant score updating have bloated the topic. Keep your eyes peeled!

Scores are updated.

[color=olive]So far two FLDs and a long LD.
Reporting early to beat the deadline. I accomplished my desired action while lucid.

…And encounter Freddy Krueger in a stronger darker form I had only faced a few times in LL years ago in a no way out fight…He crashes the date with AnnaLynne McCord.

I’ll update later[/color]

Updated

Another long LD and three FLD’s. Still nothing task related, except I keep finding the TARDIS without help from Demented XD

FLD here.
Light

Koharo, did you accomplish your desired action with assistance from your partner as Task 2 asks for, or did you just do it yourself? If the latter, I can’t give points.

Rhewin, I’m sorry to hear that. You should probably kick him from chat a few times until DC-him gets the hint.

Lumessence, don’t forget that you can provide a second personal goal for 25 points.

A quick PSA For the few people that have fallen into this situation and aren’t already aware: as I told Koharo, you do need your partner for something to count for Task 2, and you do need an object of some sort for something to count for Task 1. I know that we have a large amount of “good” LDers this time around that already have amazing dream control and high rates of lucidity, but this LC was not structured around this, as it’s incredibly rare that such people join the LCs. I really am “teaching to the middle”, as is said in education, but only because I expected the middle to be the LC’s top! To that extent, I hope that those above the middle use this Lucidity Challenge to challenge themselves. If I were to strip away all task points from the top three scorers right now, they’d remain the top three due to points for lucid dreams and false lucid dreams anyway. I’d like to see those on top really do something that pushes the boundaries of what they’re used to. If willpower control is so natural at that level, then playing with passive control as the tasks require should be a challenge!

Scores are updated. Task 3 will go up in about 10 minutes.

Task 3: Learning

Many years ago, I had a dream in which I was on my university’s campus when I realized I was dreaming. I was just getting into dream shapeshifting at the time, but wasn’t having success by just willing it. Since the dreamscape was designed for learning, I asked a passerby how to enlarge my body. He responded by telling me to grab the hair on top of my head and to yank upwards, and it worked. This in itself is not overly amazing. What is amazing is that when I remembered this method in a different dream months later, I again pulled my hair upward, and it still worked.

All forms of dream control boil down to expectation, hence why the first task opened with some musing about schemata. When we learn something in a dream from a DC, we can play off of the expectation that the subconscious (represented by the DCs) is acting in the best interest of the dreamer, and therefore is teaching a truth. It may be a ridiculous truth, but it works in the context of the dream, and a wholehearted belief in it can make it work in future dreams as well.

For this task, a skill will be defined as a dream ability initiated by your actions alone. If your teacher instead bestows a power upon you, has you consume/absorb something, or gives you an object to hold/utilize, it will count for Task 1 instead.

The following points can be earned only once:* Learn a method to perform a skill from a DC: 20 points

• Use the learned method to successfully perform the skill: 20 points
    The following points can be earned once per skill after learning your first skill:* Perform every skill you’ve learned from previous Task 3 attempts, then learn and use a method for a new skill: 10 points
  • Teach a skill you learned in the current Task 3 attempt or any previous attempt to other DCs, and watch them perform it successfully: 10 points
    Notice that the points here are limited in a similar manner to those in Task 1, although the “repeatedly” section allows for repetition points that are much easier than those from Task 1. There will also be a group incubation as in Task 1; in fact, Task 2 will be the only outlier with its high amount of non-repeatable points, whereas other tasks will have less points but allow for group incubation. Be sure to check the group workbook and start making ideas ASAP! Given the small amount of task parts available this week, you should consider taking time to incorporate repeatable elements of previous tasks or to do some work on the Bonus Task!

Wondered if I was dreaming this morning. Still haven’t done any of the tasks. :sad:

[link]

Poor Yev. :sad: You can do it!

Scores are updated.

I had a FLD. I believed I was lucid, and even thought that this must be one of my longest LDs ever. But thinking back, I wasn’t myself at all. It was a long FLD where I searched an abandoned house for interesting things.

Siiw, so close yet so far!

Scores are updated.

It one of the extensive lucid dreams I had recently, I saw a girl wearing a strange blue jacket, and listening to music through earphones. She’s definitely sparked my attention.

But I don’t think finding her is enough. So for my next girl:
Find and ask the blue-jacketed, earphones girl her name.

I had mentioned this as my next goal, It seems it must have been missed.

[color=olive]8P Nope this one was a solo job, guess I missed that.
Heh I guess me and my partner were somewhere along the same mental wavelength seeing how we were both with a significant other in our recent LDs.[/color]

Some nap this morning.

I am watching Youtube and I am looking at a theatrical version of Perelandra. the girl and the demon are in front of me. When the girl gets there everything gets vivid, and when the demon, everything blurry. I realize that this has to be a dream and that I am no longer sitting in front of my dream computer. I look around at the forest and realize that both of them there are here and the dream is slipping. I decided to summon Dr. Ransom. As soon as he walked up everything became crystal clear and the world was amazing. I was so excited to search around the world and plan on finding a dragon or something. And then Laura woke me up… She said that she had been trying to wake me up for a while, so I think that at first the blurriness might have been caused by her, but I was able to use the idea of dream characters making a difference in stability pretty easily, which was fun. (about 2 minutes)

Also! New tasks sound awesome. I really need to remember some goals soon. :meh:

BrandonBoss, I assume you’ve already told her what you do while asleep. Yell at her on behalf of all of us. Also, yes, you really should get some tasks done! The C in LC is about what you do while lucid, not just getting lucid in itself!

Scores are updated.

I had a long LD!

Yay Siiw! I’m sorry to hear that your dream was cut short. I’ll add in 5 creativity points for learning from somebody via the forum instead of actually meeting a person; I feel this may actually be harder, as when you learn from a person, they usually demonstrate what is being taught. Now you need to use what you learned!

Scores are updated.