Lucidity Challenge 46—Winner: obfusc8!

james_uk2008: I’ve given you points for the LD. I’d like to point out, though, that if you feel that the muscle toning potion was a transformation you can claim for the Potion subtask… of course you don’t have to if you feel it wasn’t enough! :tongue:

The scores are updated!

The muscle toning really was only a small part of it so I’d rather forfeit those points. I do set the bar for myself pretty high as far as transformations are concerned so I’d rather fully or at least bare a resemblance of around 80-90% of my target form before claiming such points. :smile:

Okay… my most lucid night ever…

Short LD with no tasks
Medium LD-Nightmare with no tasks
Short LD in which I used telekinesis to open iron gates.
Long LD in which James and I did the team dream of transforming into dinosaurs, using potions as a trigger, in front of other DCs. Also contains Thorn as a girl. In a pink dress. :tongue:
*obfusc8 once again flees the wrath of Thorn.

Here’s the link

SPOILER - Click to view

LDs: Short 6, Medium 4, Long 2

Tasks:
Task 1:
Get Drd to make you fly. Fly with a DC. Fly over a chosen setting.
Sprout wings and fly. Fly with Style
Fly on a non-living thing. Transform into something that can fly and do that.
Task 2:
Went to a party. Sang karaoke. Ate party food. Played a multiplayer game.
Team dream: Dinosaur transformation with James
Task 3:
Use a potion to transform. Perform magic in front of DCs. Use telekinesis.
Extended Task:
Ride a carnival ride

Non-lucid dream. in which I acquire a cool-looking technomagical item, and find myself in a tech noir film plot. No tasks completed, I think, but on theme.

obfusc8, you receive negative points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

The scores are updated.

That last dream, the long LD, was great obfusc8 :happy: I wonder what form Thorn will take in my next lucid dream. I hope I find out soon.

Nice job on the LD there Obfusc8. Think that’s the first time I’ve been transformed in someone elses LD. :smile: If it’s any consolation, Thorn appeared as a Baywatch babe in an LD of mine sometime ago and as woman of somekind in another. :happy:

Wondered if I was dreaming, no tasks ( :sad: )

Poor recall (and poor sleeping habits), but I managed to get a lucid fragment, lasted for about five minutes. Wrote about it here. I never cared much about flying in dreams, but recently that happens often.

I have to say I really like this week’s tasks, and I’m looking forward to them, since I did most of them before, both in ND and LD. I’ll try my best to make this my week. :content:

LDbc12 and En’enra, best of luck to both of you in getting more lucidity. My recall has been awful this week, so I sympathize.

The scores are updated.

That’s more than justified. Let’s just say I won’t be surprised if next time I dare to summon you, you show up as one of your larger manifestations like a dinosaur or dragon, and drop kick me into the sun. :wink:

Short lucid dream again. I went to a party in the ND part.

obfusc8, you’re more likely to see the dragon if there’s a drop kick; I was bipedal as a T. rex but was in no position to kick, what with the majority of my body not being directly above my legs. :tongue:

En’enra, those points are marked.

Let’s lock in those decisions for this week’s Team Dream Host Subtasks. Remember, you get 40 points for doing these without the group aspect, another 40 points for doing it with a member of the designing team, and yet another 40 points for doing it with the designing team’s host (with all three of those values halved if you’re doing a different team’s subtask). That’s 120 points for some tricky but awesome dreams!

Team drd was tasked with choosing a power to receive alongside a Team drd member and drd via group prayer to a deity, and it chose nothing. The subtask will remain nonactive for now, and should the team not have a decision by the end of the week, we will find another way to make the points available. Oleg is now being considered inactive for the sake of team competition.

Team Scipio was tasked with piloting a famous giant mecha with a Team Scipio member and Scipio, and they settled on Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann. If you’re unfamiliar with it, no worries, as there’s only one detail from its anime that I care about for the subtask: this thing could dwarf a galaxy. Get something of that size, and you won’t be pressed for the other details. This likely won’t be easy, but for 120 points and an incredibly awesome dream, I think that’s only a small issue. :smile:

Team Thorn was tasked with joining hands with a Team Thorn member and with Thorn (or your own hands if you skip the group aspect) to perform a dark ritual and transform into a powerful mythical creature. Desperately avoiding the usual LC standard of dragons (I am offended except not really), the team members have decided to become minotaurs. I hope you’ve brushed up on your mythology for this one.

Lastly, the winning teams from last week were given the option to skip a black arrow on the Extended Task board. Team Scipio doesn’t have a decision just yet, and can choose at its leisure later. Team Thorn decided to skip the “control a carnival ride” subtask and can access the subtask beyond it.

The scores are updated and the Extended Task board is updated.

Played a multiplayer video game with some other people (and I actually remember talking to them while playing and walking away from the screen so it should count) in a non-lucid dream from this morning. I also might have done some technomancy stuffs, Scipio told me in IRC he’d decide based on the context in the DJ entry.

Non-lucid dreams

I’m going to claim “Eat food at a party”.

I would have also claimed Quest 94 (Playing in leaf piles), except it looks like I’m too late and we’re on Quest 95 now.

When I do element magic in dreams, it’s usually with fire, but as I didn’t even get as far as lighting the bonfire I didn’t manage “create an elemental weapon” this time.

I finally got lucid! (short lucid dream)

I don’t know if it counts as a method, but it was my first time trying/getting lucid with WBTB.

I also had an awesome normal dream where I went to a party and flew in a non-living thing!

Mew151, then I’ll leave those points up to Scipio, although I’ve already marked the multiplayer game points.

Susan_Y, we’re actually on Quest 96 now. :smile:

stari_maga, congrats! Now get lucid more often! Also, as the only active member of Team drd, your vote for healing powers for this week’s team dream host subtask is noted and immediately put into place.

The scores are updated with the exception of Mew151’s technomancy claim.

From yesterday and today I magically had two short LD’s, but no tasks.

Though during the second one I felt really (really) aware, I haven’t felt like that in a while of LD’s.

I think the effects of LC motivation are gradually beginning to take place :cool:

I used telekinetic powers in a non-lucid dream from this morning.

Mew151: Sorry, I can’t give you Technomancy points for the jars… there was a significant lack of technology involved. :razz: That being said, you get points for telekinesis! :happy:

LDbc12: I’ve awarded you points for your short LDs… You’ll have control next time for sure! Keep trying!

The scores are updated.