Lucidity Challenge 46—Winner: obfusc8!

Non-lucid dream.

I’m going to claim “Ride a non-living thing for flight”.

I also had a very strange experience when I was trying to do the singing one. I tried going into a Wake Induced Lucid Dream while singing quietly, switching between singing the lyrics and just singing the notes. There was a very odd effect when the hypnagogic hallucinations started, like a dream character joining in. (A very pure voice, with a high range, like a soprano). I’m not sure how to characterise it, and won’t claim any points for it.

Susan_Y: Yep. That sounds like you did the subtask. And your strange experience sounds like Hypnagogic Auditory hallucinations for sure. I’ve had some weird ones as well where a DC started speaking to me… I haven’t had anyone singing in mine, though!

I’ve updated the scores.

In an ND here this morning, I technically swapped bodies with a Praetorian Xenomorph as per task 3’s bodyswap task. Please advise if this is points claimable. :smile:

^ My opinion is that it is not worth points, as I see evidence of you in its body but no evidence that your body was controlled by it (as the subtask asks for a “swap”). However, the other hosts can award points if they believe it’s merited.

Lucid dream.

Medium length LD, no tasks accomplished.

This dream was like something out of Inception. I was trying to do the singing task, but no luck, although at least I got a music-playing device into the dream.

Maybe I should have tried singing Je ne regret rien :smile:

P.S. I think I look like Ellen “Elf” Foxworthy from Schlock Mercenary in some of these dreams.

Susan_Y: Gah, the “dream within dream” thing is the worst sometimes. It’s easy to be lucid but not very much so, as your reasoning is already based on a faulty assumption. You’ve gotta be careful with that lest you lose the lucidity completely. Still, I’m glad you were lucid!

The scores are updated.

Short lucid fragment and hopefully some late points.

^ Got it. Hopefully you keep getting lucid and for a longer duration.

The scores are updated.

Two days ago, had a medium LD in which I performed in a magic show and used telekinesis ( :happy: ).

On a completely unrelated side note, these emoticons are so underused :rc: :lucid: :ding: :dingding:

Short lucid dream, no tasks.

It’s happened yet again; Team Scipio and Team Thorn tied this week. As there are no more tasks, the two winning teams will each be given the option to skip over one black arrow on the Extended Task board aagin. Team Scipio hasn’t decided from last week, so it now has two skips available. You can talk about where to use the skips in your team workspaces.

Team drd: 0 subtask completions / 1 member = 0.00 subtask completions per member
Team Scipio: 3 subtask completions / 4 members = 0.75 subtask completions per member
Team Thorn: 3 subtask completions / 4 members = 0.75 subtask completions per member

Current standings:1. obfusc8 (945)

1. LDbc12 (325)
  2. Susan_Y, En’enra (280)
  3. Mew151 (270)
  4. Oleg (190)
  5. stari_maga (165)
  6. James_UK2008 (130)
  7. Letaali (50)
  8. eMander (25)

A quick reminder for those who haven’t seen the first post in a while; this LC has three tasks and one extended task, and it will end when somebody finishes the extended task or if the LC starts taking too long. Task 3 will no longer be considered the latest task for the 20-point bonus. The focus right now is solely on working your way across the extended task board, accruing as many points as possible and ending the LC on your terms. Should this get boring, the hosts have some unused ideas that we can incorporate, but the extended task and unfinished parts of the weekly tasks should provide ample variety. Best of luck, everybody!

Medium lucid dream, no tasks… Unless fists count for the elemental weapons one.

Here’s the link (also has the short lucid from yesterday)

EDIT: Please can you post an updated Task Board link, the one from the original Extended Task post doesn’t seem to work anymore.

SPOILER - Click to view

LDs: Short 7, Medium 5, Long 2

Tasks:
Task 1:
Get Drd to make you fly. Fly with a DC. Fly over a chosen setting.
Sprout wings and fly. Fly with Style
Fly on a non-living thing. Transform into something that can fly and do that.
Task 2:
Went to a party. Sang karaoke. Ate party food. Played a multiplayer game.
Team dream: Dinosaur transformation with James
Task 3:
Use a potion to transform. Perform magic in front of DCs. Use telekinesis.
Extended Task:
Ride a carnival ride

^ Sorry about the link; the post accidentally had “hhttp” instead of “http”. That’s fixed now.

The scores are updated.

I got a medium lucid dream. Summoned a frisbee and some tornadoes. Combined the tornadoes into a giant tornado. Fun, but probably not any LC points.

Edit: Maybe telekinesis subtask with moving the tornadoes?

Non-lucid dream

No points scored, but the dream was interesting for the way it resembled sleep paralysis. It was moderately alarming, but not as bad as many of my dreams. (Which somehow manage to be much worse than merely paralysed and asphyxiated while climbing down an abyss like the bridge of Khazad-dûm in The Lord of the Rings).

P.S. If I recall correctly, firing an arrow was worth points for the Zelda task in Challenge 44, but I’m too late for that :smile:

Letaali, I’d definitely call that telekinesis (or maybe psychokinesis, as it’s the “proper” term for this imaginary ability?), so I’ve awarded those points.

The scores are updated.

So now that finals are over, it’s time to catch up a bit. :tongue:

Had a non-lucid dream (2014-12-11b) where Scipio gave me a gadget that allowed me to magically glide without wings or anything. Does this count as flying? I could control myself, but I was slowly descending as I flew. (It probably was supposed to be a flying machine… but non-lucid dreams. :razz:)

Lucid dream, medium duration (2-3 minutes). No tasks accomplished. That dog is a dream sign.

I also had a non-lucid dream where I swam underwater (a subtask from Challenge 44, but no points this time). I think I was shapeshifted into a not entirely human creature at the time. Not a mermaid, because I had legs. Something more like an Undine: a water elemental.

I transformed into a Mew and flew around in a non-lucid dream this morning. Almost forgot the fragment, but recalled it right after I typed up and posted the other dream. :tongue:

Mew151: After much deliberation we’ve decided that the item I gave you does count for flight… as it should! After all, I gave it to you, and I don’t want a reputation of toying with my friends. :razz:

In all seriousness, though, it does seem like flight since you used it to move through the air in a particular manner. I’ve given you the points for that dream as well as your Mew dream from the morning. :smile: (And D’AWWW… thanks for another cameo. :tongue: )

Susan_Y: I’ve also given you points for your LD. Even though I can’t give you anything for the TF, the Undine transformation sounds cool. :happy:

I’ve updated the scores! Mew keeps jumping around there and getting back into second place… I can’t help but wonder if there be a rhythmic pony themed LC somewhere in the future… Of course, that’s assuming obfusc8 doesn’t want to host again… All these questions and more will be answered in a few weeks! I’m so excited!