Lucidity Challenge 46—Winner: obfusc8!

Short lucid dream, no tasks.

Medium lucid dream in which I completed my personal goal.

Here’s the link

SPOILER - Click to view

LDs: Short 8, Medium 6, Long 2

Personal Goal

Tasks:
Task 1:
Get Drd to make you fly. Fly with a DC. Fly over a chosen setting.
Sprout wings and fly. Fly with Style
Fly on a non-living thing. Transform into something that can fly and do that.
Task 2:
Went to a party. Sang karaoke. Ate party food. Played a multiplayer game.
Team dream: Dinosaur transformation with James
Task 3:
Use a potion to transform. Perform magic in front of DCs. Use telekinesis.
Extended Task:
Ride a carnival ride

Non-lucid dream where I went to a party and ate food there. In another NLD I played a board game with a group of friends and my dream-girlfriend.

obfusc8, congratulations on finishing your personal goal! You know the drill by now; you can name a second personal goal worth 25 points when completed while lucid.

Letaali, your points are noted. Have more lucid dreams!

The scores are updated.

Wondered if I was dreaming for a second before completely dismissing the thought in a sadly non-lucid dream this morning.

Long lucid dream. (DEILD FTW!) No tasks, but features Thorn as a totally awesome and very manly fire-breathing, prehistoric-lizard-scaring kick-ass silver dragon.

Here’s the link

SPOILER - Click to view

LDs: Short 8, Medium 6, Long 3

Personal Goal

Tasks:
Task 1:
Get Drd to make you fly. Fly with a DC. Fly over a chosen setting.
Sprout wings and fly. Fly with Style
Fly on a non-living thing. Transform into something that can fly and do that.
Task 2:
Went to a party. Sang karaoke. Ate party food. Played a multiplayer game.
Team dream: Dinosaur transformation with James
Task 3:
Use a potion to transform. Perform magic in front of DCs. Use telekinesis.
Extended Task:
Ride a carnival ride

Mew, everybody does that sometimes. To be honest, that’s closer to lucidity than I’ve been lately. I’m almost jealous.

obfusc8, clearly me asking “How?” was a subtle hint for you to transform as well. Not that it would’ve been worth points, since you already did that subtask, but it would’ve been cool and fit your goal from your signature—is that your new LC personal goal, by the way? I’m tempted to send over a picture of a dragon similar to what I actually become in dreams just to see how close your dream version of it is to mine. I’m also amused that I only just got into D&D and only recently learned what the Tarrasque is, and somehow beat it first shot.
Also, revenge has been served, so we can be friends again.~

The scores are updated.

Thorn -I was going to try to find a picture but couldn’t Google ‘furry dragons’ at work. :wink:
If ‘grow or transform into something bigger than a house’ doesn’t conflict with any tasks then yes I’d like that as my next goal.

^ Whether it does or does not (no spoilers here!), know that several people have already had conflicts. Ones that were the exact same as subtasks were changed, but ones that would get completed along the way to subtasks were left intact. Obviously you could mix that goal with subtasks—just make the minotaur huge—but I think the intent is different enough from the existing subtasks to be okay.

I’ll also have to catch you when you’re not at work, then. :razz:

Well, prepare to become even more almost jealous, as it happened twice in two different non-lucid dreams from this morning. The last one had me waking up just before I could become lucid, unlike the usual “become lucid and wake up” thing that happens.

Mew151: :eek: So close! Keep at it! If you have that lucid we might have to go get delicious burgers or something. :tongue:

Scores are updated.

Dream, in which I transform into a dragon. For some of the time, I was regarding the dragon form as being one of the flying dinosaurs. Extremely scary in places.

I’d like to claim points for:

• Transforming into a dinosaur (team dream)
  • Transforming into a creature that can fly (task 1)
  • Wondering if I am dreaming without becoming lucid.
  • Bonus for task 1 alongside another task

UPDATE: The emotion in the dream was extreme sadness, rather than fear. I did not enjoy that dream, and was very pleased to realise it wasn’t real (within about 1 second of awakening).

^ I’m sorry to hear that you had a bad dream. I’ve had some unsettling ones lately as well.

The scores are updated.

It’s pretty clear that continuing to use the extended task as is to dictate the LC’s length would be an absolutely horrible idea, since we’re four weeks in and only one subtask has been done. There are a few courses of action we can take here. One such option is creating small challenges that award additional skips, making it so that people can reach the end of the board without doing many subtasks. Another is to use some of those subtasks and simply turn them into tasks or mini-tasks of their own. A third option is to say that the LC’s been running for over four weeks and so we could make the board’s last subtask a full task for one week before ending the LC. I don’t think it’d be fair to change things without participant input, since you all joined this competition under the impression that the extended task was the length determiner. If anybody has opinions on suggested options or additional ideas, please let us know!

Created a magical “buff” aura in a non-lucid dream from this morning. Not sure if it counts because I think it has to be on me.

As for what to make of the extended task, I think that maybe just making one more task before ending the LC would be a good choice, since it kind of goes along with what my brain was thinking would happen in the dream posted above. :tongue:

Mew151: Yea… sorry, but I can’t give you points for that one as the spell does have to be centered on you. While it looks as if the spell you cast does fulfill some of the spirit of the task, it would be unfair for me to change the conditions of the subtask… next time cast it on yourself and walk near us to share it will all of us! It is supposed to be Area of Effect, you know!

As much as I like the idea of the progression task board, I don’t think giving extra skips will help. People on the teams are probably interested in pursuing different paths and are at different stages, making agreement as to which tasks to skip almost impossible…

Also happy to go with what Mew posted - one more task to finish the LC off.

obfusc8, any skips from this would be for individuals; teams wouldn’t have to agree on them. That said, I see the trend is toward making one last task, and I’d be perfectly okay with that. I’ve put in a new idea in every LC I’ve hosted, and if this is the first dud, I can accept that. :smile:

I’ll wait one more day to make sure nobody has a radically different opinion. If the consensus is still to make one last task, I’ll take the last two subtasks on the board and make a task out of them. Team rewards will not be changed in any way to accommodate this change since everybody but stari_maga has them due to every week ending in a tie; it seems unfair to inconvenience exactly one person.

I agree, we aren’t making much progress on the extended task. (I’ve been trying, but no luck so far). I’m find with changing things to (e.g.) just one last task.

I agree as well. I get lucid too rarely to make any progress on the board and non-lucid dreams won’t help this time around because the tasks are too specific.

Hey, speaking of the extended tasks, guess who made some progress this morning? I grinded on a roller coaster track in a false lucid dream from this morning. Then I became honorary task master. :tongue:

Finally had another LD here this morning which at around 4-5 minutes long makes it a medium one for me. No tasks done but Thorn makes an appearance in it and I transformed myself nicely into Godzilla. :dragon: