Lucidity Challenge 49 - winner: drd!

@drd - You don’t want to claim the grow task? Having your head hit the ceiling in a 2 floor room would certainly qualify.

@Susan_Y - Yep that sounds very brave. It probably wasn’t much fun, but congratulations on the task completion.

Scores

I was not satisfied by my attempt at the growing task, so I didn’t claim it. Last night I had a long LD. I surfed, and then explored underwater.

xD
hey! what happened to your avatar?

obfusc (whats behind the name?)
i didnt changed character knowingly, so i dont think it should be counted, one of those dreams that your one person and afterwards youre another, just like it sometimes happens to dream characters but only to you. if that was part of what you meant in the task then thats fine.

The first of these dreams has me completing the “travel on water” task via a cruise ship. Admittedly, I wanted to do something more thrilling, such as running across the top of the waves or riding an animal, but I’m not going to complain about inadvertent task completions.

@Thorn - yeah don’t we always wish that, still, points are points. Although drd is stretching his lead, you gotta up your game, man!

@drd - making that big wave to surf on sounded very cool, nice work.

Scores

Well… no LD, but here’s a task done FINALLY.

Pool Bus ~ Non-Lucid Dream ~ UNDERWATER EARLY

Stats so Far:

[spoiler]NLDs: 1
Short LDs: 2
Continuances: 1

Task 1: ~ none ~
Task 2:-E UNDERWATER
[/spoiler]

I’m a pisces and have a lot water/fish dreams (two of my top dream symbols) so these challenges are great for me to score some nonlucid points, so its a big pity I aren’t remembering my dreams at all :eek: (currentl, unless I get lucid Im only remembering 1-2 per week).

I’m going to be peeved at myself if this week goes by with me continuing not to remember my dreams.

@sea-dove - I prescribe early nights and a small glass of apple juice before bed. Seems to help me with dream vividness, which in turn helps my recall. (YMMV :wink: )

@Scipio - Woo, task completion! Grats! That’s just the first of many, I’m sure.

Scores

While I didn’t get a task done I was momentarily lucid… You can read about it… but you’ll see there isn’t much to read… :razz:

Something in the Building ~ Short Lucid Dream

Stats so Far:

Short LDs: 3

Task 1: ~ none ~
[/spoiler]

Hey guys,

I’m so sorry for virtually dissapearing for a while, I wasn’t planning on it but school work took over. :sad:
I refuse to sit here with zero points on the score sheet any longer! So last night I decided to start knocking off some tasks.
I did the task where you have to see a king/queen/royalty. It was in a lengthy dream, but it was a ND . In this dream I questioned whether I was dreaming but didn’t become fully lucid.

Here is a portion from the full dream journal last night. [spoiler]
…I was walking down a dark path. It was the same dark path from a couple weeks ago in my dreams… I recognized it and questioned if I was dreaming but never actually became lucid… I remained in a ND state. Then out of the darkness came this king. He had a big ego and told me he could give me everything I could ever want. He told me to touch his gold robe. When I did, it changed from Gold to Purple. He once again reminded me that if I needed anything, just ask. I said goodbye and continued my journey…[/spoiler]

@Scipio - um. That was, er, quick. :wink:

@Jer - Welcome back, and a good start. Shame you didn’t question dreaming when the King was offering you help, he might have given you a hand with more tasks. :smile:

…And whoever the woman in the blue dress was in my dream last night, grats on completing the grow task. Good work. :happy:

Scores

Had a medium-length LD, no tasks accomplished.

[spoiler]I was being attacked by a wolf, while crushing his face with my hands I realize I’m lucid. I check my hand, had 7 fingers.
When I look up I find myself in the living room of my parents’ place. It’s the middle of the night, everyone’s asleep.
I walk towards a window and glide through after shortly feeling a sense of physical resistance. Outside I start flying, aware of the fact that I could go wherever i want. After a while in the air I slowly lose height, so I get ready to land safely in our garden.
A person I feel attracted to comes to my mind and I wonder whether I could see her if I go back to our house. On the way around the house I start wondering whether I can get back into the house if I lost the ability to fly and by that possibly also the ability to float through objects.
Luckily the door is open, I go inside and see my father getting ready to eat something. He tells me - in czech - that he’s about to go to the airport. Then he asks me a question related to a dream I had the same night, he asks me about something I said in response to him saying he often takes responsibility for us. My response to that was, that it’s not always for the best that he does that.

[/spoiler]

Non-lucid dream, in which I wear 18th century costume while on board a sailing ship, with some guys dressed as pirates and a parrot.

I’m hoping that’s good for the “disguise” task; I’m clearly playing a character there.

Annoyingly, I think that’s a near miss on the “act like a pirate” task. Pirate ship, pirates, eighteenth century costume (what do women wear in pirate movies anyway? I can’t think of any examples offhand), even a parrot. But I’m not sure if I was acting enough like a pirate to claim the points.

P.S. The transformation had something of a resemblance to Anna in Frozen as well, so there was a narrowly averted risk of a princess costume and singing…

That’s clearly the most on-topic dream yet of the challenge, so I have no hesitation in granting you those task points. Leaning on a mast on a pirate ship whilst in costume is acting like a pirate in my book. You’re up into third place. :smile:

As for what female pirates wear… from my intensive research (watching Pirates of the Caribbean), apparently it involves tight bodices and knee high leather boots. :nodnodwinkwink: [size=84]Excuse me I need to go take a cold shower.[/size]

:whew: Close one!

@footballfreak - grats on the lucid dream last night, keep it up!

Last night I had a long LD. I disguised myself, and I grew. I’m counting the dragon transformation for the grow task as the third person view of myself was pretty big.

Non-lucid dream, in which I enter a sacred spring.

There was water, but I didn’t get to do any of the water-based tasks (didn’t look underwater, no aquatic creature, didn’t get to make anything).

(After checking some of the Pirates of the Caribbean films). The costume I wore in the pirate dream was more like the one worn by Keira Knightly as Elizabeth Swann (rather than Penelope Cruz as Angelica).

obfusc8:Yea… if you need more info about any of those snips to confirm the lucidness I can send it via PM, but otherwise… :shy:

Anyways, more lucidity today! Yay! And I managed to accidentally do a task this morning WHILE lucid albeit it was on the end of the lucidity. I know I lost lucidity sometime during the messing around with the disguising of my appearance, but I can’t actually recall the exact moment when. I’m gonna claim it, though… so… accidental task completion FTW? This isn’t your old “fabri-task”… this is a whole new set of memory antics for this LC! :tongue:

DISGUISE ~ Medium Lucid Dream ~ DISGUISE

Stats so Far:

Short LDs: 3
Medium LDs: 1

Task 1: DISGUISE
[/spoiler]

I had a non-lucid dream where I transformed into a Mew but didn’t do any tasks… but technically Mews can totally live underwater. See?

That means I transformed into something suitable for life underwater, right?

…Okay I’m just desperate for some points.

After taking a look at the tasks, I think my encounter with the goldfish may count as interacting with an aquatic life form.