Lucidity Challenge 49 - winner: drd!

No, I can’t say the opponent was larger than me. I was simply severely outclassed, so no points there, then.

I feel really bad about constantly posting and saying “maybe there are points here”, but I promise I’m legitimately unsure when I do so (except for the toilet question—that was just me having a laugh). In this dream, I was made to look like a “real” version of an animated character who seemingly had a similar voice and body structure to mine. I see the task description allows for putting on a mask/wig/disguise physically but says that a change of clothes must be done via willpower. Is this just odd wording or a deliberate distinction? If it’s deliberate, then there’s no points here. I also had the nearest thing my mind does to wondering if I’m dreaming, as I tend to go right from realizing things are off to RCing, but I never asked “am I dreaming?” as most people do so I don’t get those points. My night had two big battles witnessed as a DO as well; my mind insists on teasing me with those points without letting me have them.

I clearly need to incubate tasks harder, so if you don’t mind, I’m going to shut myself off from the world and stare at pictures of giants for the next 12 hours since I’m shocked that I haven’t become lucid and done this task that I can usually do effortlessly.

@Thorn …Aaaaaaand… points! The disguise task doesn’t require a willpower change, merely that you alter clothes or your appearance to look like someone else.

Scores

I’m excited as the Tulpa thing to help me with my dreams is really helping. I asked him to help me get some points for this challenge, tried to dream a dream about snow (I don’t incubate dreams well at all, I think I’ve only ever done that once) but then had a dream about Queens, which I think the Tulpa helped me have.

Cause I’m excited about it, even though its a non lucid point scoring, I’m going to post it here in full. And I want to know if I can get double points for seeing two queens :tongue: .

The Queen at a Fair

I’m a child at a fair, Im outside and its a nice day.

I leave rest of my family go off to do something (cant remember what). I want to break my special diet (Im on one in real life) and want to buy a hot dog at a stall but scared the family will see me do this. I decide to buy an orange juice which is still a diet breach but for some reason end up not doing this and go instead to an ice water machine and fill up a large cup there of that.

I see a donation tin at the stall with my face and sisters faces on it, they are raising funds for me and 2 of my sisters. (haha in real life I’ve had money issues).
I notice that a food stall has been set up for each poor family to raise money for them.

A small group is at one at the stalls and I go over and look. There is the Queen and the Queen mother there. (I’ve morphed into an adult). I have my baby and grandmother with me. I suddenly notice the queen has my baby daughter… she’s really enjoying her. I wow out over this “the queen has my baby!”.

My grandmother though starts freaking out over this situation and she puts out her arms and starts trying to demand the queen give back our baby. I grab my grandmother before she can cause a scene and drag her away a bit. I think about how the queen once also held this baby before (or maybe it was another of my sisters). There seems to be some kind of bond between the Queen and my child.

I wish I’d had a camera to take a photo of the Queen with my baby.

The Queen starts talking about her family, she tells us how her son (grandson?) has been getting has private grammer lessons and how she had to recently go to a meeting in New York to arrange them. She’s in an amused manner how they expect her to pay for this even through he had free entry into their school.

Something distracts me for a moment and when I look back my grandmother has pulled my baby from the Queens arms. I’m completely horrified at what my grandmother has done. My grandmother, daughters and I all go walking off.

Later on I realise my baby (she’s morphed a few years older to about 3yrs old) is missing. I then spot her with the Queen again. The Queen is walking with her holding her hand. My child then is standing on the queens feet laughing. Im a bit horrifed at her behaviour with the queen but then suddenly calm and amused by it as I realise that what the queen is really enjoying is the normality of this child…being a child and not treating her any differently to any one else. My child is calling the queen “Mummy”.

I suddenly become aware “oh Im doing one of lucid dreaming tasks” and with that thought are shocked awake (as I’ve NEVER non lucidity dreamed a task before and only ever had one queen dream before which was last year and I didnt try to dream the queen at all, I was trying to dream about snow… so was very surprised).

Just admit it Thorn, you just want to get all the attention here :tongue:

Alrighty. So I had another short LD. That’s nice. Something seems to be coming back even if my dreams are still short. :content: As to tasks… in an NLD I did end up atop a high mountain. I didn’t actually climb it… I just ended up there suddenly in that weird way that dreams work. I’m tentatively claiming it unless obfusc8 objects (in which case I’ll find out in his next post :tongue: ).

̶R̶o̶g̶u̶e̶l̶i̶k̶e̶,̶ ̶P̶o̶n̶y̶,̶ ̶M̶i̶n̶e̶c̶r̶a̶f̶t̶ ̶G̶a̶m̶e̶ ̶~̶ ̶ N̶o̶n̶-̶L̶u̶c̶i̶d̶ ̶D̶r̶e̶a̶m̶ ̶~̶ ̶C̶l̶i̶m̶b̶ ̶T̶a̶s̶k̶ ̶1̶ ̶E̶a̶r̶l̶y̶ ̶b̶[/b]
More Roguelikes ~ Short Lucid Dream

Stats so Far:

[spoiler]NLDs: 0
Short LDs: 2
Continuances: 1

Task 1: ~ none ~
[/spoiler]

@Scipio - No shortcuts Mr Xaos! For the Sky Ranger team tasks, the journey is more important than the destination. The task does require some sort of climbing action to take place.

@sea-dove - congratulations on the task completion! I’m always mildly surprised when I manage a task non-lucidly too. You can only get each task points once though. God Save the Queen. :wink:

Scores

I didn’t get much sleep at night, but decided to sleep for a few hours in the morning. I had a medium length lucid dream where I remembered all the tasks and my goal, but got nothing done. I couldn’t even sizeshift :sad: ( I grew a bit, but I don’t want to count it. I can do a lot better! )I saw king Midas in a non-lucid dream. He was evil and turned people into gold. It made an awful sound, but thankfully it was pretty fast. That counts for the crown task at least. Dreams

Letaali, I frequently make the mistake of closing my eyes too, it sucks. Grats on the lucid dream though - very nice of that DC to help you out, and the task completion. You’re up into 3rd place.

Scores

As I said yesterday, I incubated the heck out of the “Grow” task. As you’d expect, in the first of these dreams, I completed the “Climb something tall” task. Just as planned, right?

Well, that goes without saying, and not just for here! :tongue:

had a few NLDs one of which i levitated something, it was really fun, did it effortlessly, explained to kid how to do it, astonishing him completely.
in another one i was Luffy from one piece for a while and then changed to myself, though not through sheer Will so does not count.
got to meet Jared Leto from 30 seconds to mars!! (one of my favorite bands, would really like to see them live, missed them when they were here last time) he sang from the side while my friend filmed me as if im the one singing with his voice xD ahh good times, that Jared fellow… good friends, oh yes my friends were tortured, took out their eyes, or one of them, they had this hole you could see through (actually went through it).

anyway, sorry for just sounding like Thorn… no tasks done ^^

Well, I might not have points either, but I’ll try to claim some anyway! :tongue: I definitely did some metalbending when I stopped a bus with a black hole, since the bus was made from metal… and other things. Does that count? Dreams

I climbed a hill on a bike.
Does that count for the climbing task?

I might not have enough time to type up this dream before the task goes up tomorrow, so I’m claiming points for changing my appearance. Basically I changed into a costume to perform some weird dream version of Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead, which I guess involved fancy top hats, canes, and mustaches? This was in a non-lucid dream. If I can type it up before then, I’ll post the dream in the thread later.

Sorry guys work is a bit hectic right now and I’ve had to work through most of my lunchbreak. :razz: I will try and update scores tonight.

Lucid dream, short duration (30 seconds or so). No tasks accomplished.

I was wearing a grey skirt with a top that was short-sleeved, but long in the body so that it partly covered the skirt. Geometric dersign on the top with large, coloured squares. The most obvious squares have their diagonals roughly vertical/horizontal.

I was probably dreaming in grey scale: the grey skirt is suspicious, and I have no memory of which colours were in the rest of it. Anyway, no points there apart from briefly becoming lucid.

EDIT: Does the clothing TF count for the “dissguise” task?

That’s funny, because today is my third day in a row posting task points, so I have no idea where you’re coming from. It sounds like somebody’s just picking a fight because he’s mad that I’ll be beating his score when this post and my last one get scored! :smile:

I had a medium-length lucid dream with a chain, posted here, in which I grew to the height of my house. I tried to find James_UK2008, knowing he loves this kind of stuff (and desiring a piggyback ride from him with us both as dragons for more task points), but couldn’t find him. Geez, James, don’t decline an invitation like this!

To clarify, since people seem confused with my wording, the disguise task doesn’t require it to be a willpower change, you could simply put on a costume in order to pretend to be someone else.

@Awe - if you were ‘Disguised’ as Luffy then that counts as a task. Let me know if you wish to claim those points.

@Letaali - Sorry I’m not seeing the metalbending in your dream description since the bus vanished into a black hole? Although you somehow managed to do an obscure task planned for week three…!? Damn now I gotta think of something else. Stop hacking my computer, damn you! :tongue:

@footballfreak - I’m assuming by bike you mean bicycle, not a motorbike. In which case I will allow it as physical effort was required to climb said hill, since walking up a mountain would count, this is close enough. (Basically I’m not going to allow use of motorized vehicles, flying, teleporting or other non-physical means.)

@Mew151 - sounds like a crazy dream. Grats on another incubated task!

@Susan_Y - If you saw or intentionally changed your clothes to pretend to be someone else/change your appearance that would count for the disguise task. Was that while lucid? Please confirm as I have only noted lucid points for you at the moment.

@Thorn - Well, it’s about time! Grats on the lucid task completion.

Hoping I haven’t missed anything. New tasks will be posted at 13.00GMT tomorrow. Please ensure you post any task completions before that deadline otherwise they will not be included in the team advantage calculation.

Scores

The clothing chnage was while lucid, but I wasn’t changing clothes as a disguise, so I think it shouldn’t count for the “disguise” task.

Had an LD here this morning. Minus the 5-7 minutes of non lucidity at the beginning it was probably a short one at 1-2 minutes. As per the preplanned LC task, I summoned Thorn but the LD malfunctioned and left me in darkness upon doing so. :cry:

Ok that’s the end of week 1. Here are the scores so far:

1. drd 255
  2. Thorn 145
  3. Awe 140
  4. Letaali 110
  5. sea-dove 80
  6. footballfreak, Mew151 65
  7. Scipio Xaos 45
  8. Susan_Y, Oleg, james_uk2008 20
  9. Koal44, Jer, CornBrick 0

Team Advantage
SKY RANGER: 3 task completions / (5 team members * 9 tasks) = 0.06
NIGHT DRUID: 3 task completions / (2 team members * 9 tasks) = 0.17
SPACE MAGE: 9 task completions / (7 team members * 9 tasks) = 0.14

The NIGHT DRUID team wins this week and get to design a task related to this week’s theme. As Thorn and James_uk2008 frequent the chat room, I haven’t provided an online document. They have 48 hours to discuss and then PM me their choice. Their task must not overlap directly with any of the existing tasks. This task is worth 40pts to Thorn and James_uk2008 and 20pts to everyone else.