Lucidity Challenge 50—obfusc8 wins!

^ Got it. For the sake of balancing the competition, for this week’s team-related tasks, you’ll be considered to be on the orange task team, as they had one less member than the blue task team. You can still do blue tasks but will get half credit, as shown on the scoreboard.

Best of luck!

wait where are the orange tasks?
Oh nevermind , I see. I just thought that I choosed a blue task , but now I see

^ Again, you can do anything at any time. There is no need to choose.

I was my character in a normal dream last night. I also drove around in a motor vehicle as my character.

^ Got it. So, uh, you plan on having LDs, right? :tongue:

The scores are updated.

So… POINTS! LD! TASKS! (Yes, I know I said “POINTS!” already. :razz: ) Anyways, I did a lot. As a means of tracking in my personal spoiler below, any tasks I’ve completed in character will be followed by a [C].

An Odd FPS and British Driving ~ Medium Lucid Dream ~ Walk on a Beach, Become Your Character, & Drive a Motor Vehicle [C] ~ Task 1 COMBO, Task 2 EARLY.

Stats so far:

[spoiler]NLDs: 1
Short LDs: 1
Medium LDs: 1
Long LDs: 1
Lucid Moments: 1

Task 1:-C Become your Character & Drive a Motor Vehicle [C]
Task 2:-E Walk on a Beach
[/spoiler]

^ It’s about time you got task points, and a hefty amount, too! Although somebody’s really gotta talk to you about your habit of making up possible points in your dreams. You could probably win some LCs if you’d cut that out! :tongue:

The scores are updated.

Another Medium LD (Bringing my total to 2 medium 4 short = 140pts, fix the scores man, I already had to ask once! What is this, amateur TM week? :tongue:)

While lucid I walked on a beach. Not sure if the shifting sand weirdness and the other DCs playing dodge the sand holes/dunes counts as some kind of sporting game? It was fun. Anyway, then I transformed into a polar bear and went for a swim. Yes I know that’s the other team. Don’t care! Polar bears are awesome! :cool:

My subconscious was trolling me last night. I had a brief lucid moment, then, in an unrelated dream, I went sledding with Wyvern. Wyvern isn’t a LC participant!

obfusc8, I’ll call the sand thing a sport only because you consciously landed to do it. Anyway, receiving less points than you deserve is a byproduct of seeing other dragons. I should remove even more, actually, since you couldn’t think of a good aquatic creature. A merman. A shark (one of the most important elements of a sharknado, which you could ride in for flying tasks). A teeny-tiny sea-monkey (or brine shrimp, but nobody calls them that). A massive whale… or a smaller whale such as a narwhal! Narwhals swim in the ocean and cause a commotion because they are so awesome. Pretty big and pretty white, they beat a polar bear in a fight.
/me spears polar bear obfusc8 with his horn.
That’ll be the end of outdated references in this post.

Siiw, I’m going to assume you also walked through the snow and that it didn’t just appear when you started sledding. If that’s not true, tell me as much, as I’ve already awarded points for it.

The scores are updated.

Information for everybody here…

It probably goes without saying, but since the two teams now have equal amount of participants, the winner in terms of average Week 2 points per member will simply be whatever team gets more points—no averaging is necessary. Yay for easy math!

Also, I’m currently planning on declaring two leg winners for Leg 1. obfusc8 has first place for the leg by a good margin, but second place is hotly contested and obfusc8 isn’t invincible by any means. Dream hard!

So… another lucid, but I didn’t make it to the task points… drat! :razz:

EDIT: Well… it would seem like I did a task? It thought it had to be snowy, but apparently not. :razz:

A Flight over a Mountain ~ Short Lucid Dream ~ Fly over a Mountain

Stats so far:

[spoiler]NLDs: 1
Short LDs: 2
Medium LDs: 1
Long LDs: 1
Lucid Moments: 1

Task 1:-C Become your Character & Drive a Motor Vehicle [C]
Task 2:-E Walk on a Beach | Fly over a Mountain
[/spoiler]

^ Well, I screwed up and failed to mention snow in the task name, so the flight over the mountain counts for points. :smile: Ah well!

The scores are updated.

What’s this? Eilatan is posting here?! Yes, Eilatan had dreams!!! :woah: Lots of things happened, like fragments, FAs and switching between being me and the Eleventh Doctor in the same dream. (I bolded the parts pertaining to the LC).

In the first dream I questioned if I was dreaming, and was likely about to LD before I got woken up. I then went back into the same dream, and after a few minutes questioned if I was dreaming again. Since there are no chaining points in the LC, I assume these incidents are counted as twice wondering if I’m dreaming?

In my second dream, while the Doctor, I was about to do some brain work with the help of some very pretty looking mice-ladies, and their equally handsome looking cat-husbands. I assume this counts as dreaming of anthropomorphic creatures, as they were non-human animal characters with physical human traits. :peek:

Non-lucid dream, in which I wander around town, go skateboarding, and look at some beach clothing in a shop.

I think that counts for the “wander around town” subtask.

I didn’t actually get to the beach, so that doesn’t count for “walk on a beach”. The skateboard is the wrong kind of skating to count for “winter sports”, and I doubt it counts for beach sports either, even though people often go skateboarding on the boardwalk by a beach.

Narwhals! Damn why didn’t I think of that. Yes, they are also awesome. Next time! :content:

Anyway, normal dream last night in which I walk in snow. Almost, almost picked some up and threw it, but didn’t.

Thorn was in the earlier dream, but in regular human form, so no points there. Although we did save people from a burning car, which should be worth points because it was a cool hero team-up moment. :yes: Then Mewtwo had taken over the lucid challenge and it involved tight spaces and spiders. :eek:

Attempted a WBTB + MILD last night . Unfortunately, I didn’t have a LD … but I did have a quick “Am I dreaming?” moment. I questioned how I got here, as I was just falling asleep seconds ago… so close but so far.
:rc:
Meh, I guess 5 points is better than nothing. I swear I’m going to get a Lucid at some point during this challenge.

Eilatan, judging from your dream journal entry, I counted that as one short LD, as you realized you were dreaming for brief moments twice across one dream (albeit re-entered). It’s worth more than you thought!

Susan_Y, skateboards are actually banned from the boardwalks near me, although bicycles are allowed despite being more obnoxious. Even if they weren’t banned, I wouldn’t call it a beach or water sport.

obfusc8, anybody drunk bothers me. :confused: I love LDing and am fascinated by things such as tDCS kits, but deliberately inhibiting your mental faculties is simply stupid to me. Also, getting bitten by tarantulas seems like such a fall from awesomeness after taking down a tarrasque (remind me to continue pestering you, Letaali, and Scipio about a d20 game as soon as you all stop having opposite free time). That said, I guess I can’t be that way in every dream. :tongue:

Jer, I certainly hope you’ll get an LD!

The scores are updated.

In a normal dream from this morning, I wandered around a city and a sewer as my character.

^ You have more character points than anybody else so far. I’ll let you decide what that means to you. :smile:

The scores are updated.

Well, I was having some difficulty sleeping, and pulled off lucidity… Unfortunately it only lasted about 20 seconds…

This odd dream in which I attempt to make my escape fails miserably due to a certain someone’s disagreement in allowing me to do so.

I had hints of taking my form through the way I was behaving, but I did not feel nor consciously recognize I was that form… (double jumping, wall jumping, pushing objects around to climb ontop of them. Not my normal dream behaviors.)