Lucidity Challenge 50—obfusc8 wins!

Medium LD… I was really small and I was a chess piece. I also summoned Thorn’s character and did some late tasks (pull something out of hammerspace, harmlessly flatten a character). I love this week’s tasks, by the way.

Aww, if only had I posted when I woke I would have been the first one to do a task. I was tiny in a dream :razz:

I had a dream where I was smaller than Ricky Ricardo’s knee cap. Though I was tiny, I don’t count interacting with a larger creature because he was purely there for size comparison.

Then I was a miniature Lucy Ricardo, who used my miniature size to dance on top of drums, because I thought that was a task for some reason. :dingy:

The new Ant-Man film was perfect for incubating a few of this week’s tasks…

2 Short LDs (separated by WBTB) In the first one I shrink myself to the required size. There was a hoverbike, but no toy track. A giant hand grabbed me while I was tiny, so interacting with a normal sized creature/person?

In a later non-lucid fragment I was tiny, exploring an ant-hill and got attacked by the inhabitants, who were not pleased to see me. :tongue:

Last night I had an ND (that was very close to becoming a lucid) where I completed two tasks, from week 1.

• I visited an amusement park
  • I went down a waterside.
    In the dream, I was actually part of a research crew who went to the amusement park for “scientific reasons” :tongue:
    Tonight I’m looking forward to attempting some of these Ld4small tasks! They seem interesting!

Had an LD (or four), no tasks, but still very satisfied. I think this is the gateway to many more LDs in the future.

[community.ld4all.com/t/mad-kings-tales/40141/11)

En’enra, nice start to the week! You did make me have to go back and make a quick edit to the “complete a task with a shrunken LCer” task description: it should be one of the Week 5 tasks besides simply shrinking. I wanted something done that was dependent on being shrunken. While I didn’t award those points right now, I openly admit that I didn’t have that comment in the task description when you did the dream, so you can feel free to tell me to award you those points anyway for my own negligence.

Eilatan, way to make up for not getting any points last week!

obfusc8, yes, I did make the LD4small week start at the same time as Ant-Man deliberately. I pulled this stunt on the opposite scale last year with the latest Godzilla movie. :smile:

Coasty, you didn’t give me a length for those LDs, so I’m going to assume medium-length unless you tell me otherwise.

The scores are updated. I’m happy to see everybody’s enjoying the tasks!

No need, I didn’t want to claim those points anyway, I guessed that it would count only for this week’s tasks. :smile:

I walked on snow in a non-lucid dream. I’ll try to find time to update my DJ soon.

^ Noted and scored.

Had another ND involving Week four tasks. I sped down a freeway and jumped from a ramp again, but I already got points for those. However this time when I jumped I just went straight up and broke all physics xD . I went over a couple houses which were definitely over twice my height. I came crashing down and I “blacked out”. Then I was in my neighbor’s garage who said I had a nasty fall. He said I should be more careful. So then after that, I went back on the road and skitched on the back of his car.
I am claiming the following tasks:

• Jump something twice your height.
  • Skitch.

^ Got it. I like the contrast in “He said I should be careful, so I skitched his car.” :tongue: The scores are updated.

So, the Bike team’s allotted time for designing a task is up, and… no decision was really reached. Two people pitched ideas and there was zero overlap between them, so there was no majority decision. One person pitched ideas and designed them around earning “extra” points, which was not an option, so I’ve picked one of the other ideas at random.

Explore inside a living thing: Yes, we’re referencing Fantastic Voyage. If being in a body grosses you out, perhaps you could explore inside a plant? 40 points

Short lucid dream last night. No tasks done. Phased through a machine, which I enjoyed somewhat.

Letaali, as long as you enjoyed it. Best of luck hosting the NDC as well.

The scores are updated.

Okay, I had a dream last night but I’m not exactly sure if Thorn will allow it to count for points. I say that because I dreamt of a giant turtle. Now the reason I’m not sure if it counts is because the largest turtle (Leatherback Turtle) is already huge in comparison to humans. What I would like to claim is interacting with a much larger creature and maybe even climbing the creature.

So basically I dreamt of a lake area. I was following someone over floating stepping stones across the lake. Near the middle of the lake was a giant stepping stone, and I could tell it was connected to the four stepping stones around it. I realised it was a sleeping turtle. The person I was following had already stepped on its back, so I decided I best try. I jumped onto the closest stone, which happened to be the back left flipper of the turtle. (The turtle was so big I could easily have laid down on the flipper). As soon as I made to jump on the next flipper the turtle woke up. I tried to cling to the flipper but fell into the water. Upon getting out I had to see a swamp nurse who declared I had pneumonia. /me sneezes

So I definitely feel like I interacted with a much larger creature. I would say I also climbed the creature, but perhaps Thorn met climb like a ladder, not simply try and use as stepping stones then cling to. :peek:

Medium LD, no tasks done

Eilatan, just tell me if you fit this condition, and I’ll give you the points if so. It’s not clear in your post.

[com]EDIT: She clarified things in IRC and gets the points. She also said she was in character.[/com]

En’enra, there were tasks for walking through grass and entering a mouse hole! Your dream was basically setting you up for tasks! :tongue:

The scores are updated.

I had the longest lucid dream I have ever had. I achieved it through a WILD, which i have been trying to do for a while now. All the signs were there… the vibrations, the fast heartbeat, the hallucinations, and of course… the LD. In the LD I did a ton of tasks… My goal was to literally speedrun them before my time ran out. Here is how it went down.

edit, I put in a spoiler because this post is waaay too big

SPOILER - Click to view

I spawned in a field, instantly lucid and ready to do tasks. There were two DC’s beside me.One had short brown hair and one with gelled up blonde hair. There was also a patch of snow on the ground, just like I was trying to incubate. I went up to it and went crazy, I walked all over it and even rolled in it! After that I made some snow balls and threw them at the DC’s who were relatively silent at this time. They grabbed some snow back and started pummeling me in the snowball fight. I ran behind a snow mound for cover… I tried to think of other tasks that had to be completed for the LC… I remembered a lot of them had to do with LC participants. The first person that came to mind was obfusc8… so I looked at the sky and screamed “come here, obfu…obfus…uhh” I couldn’t remember how to pronounce obfusc8. I also remembered that there was a number somewhere in that username but my dream mind wasn’t acting logical enough for me to figure out how to say his name. So I got flustered and tried to think of other people. The second person that came to mind was Thorn. That name was easy enough to say! so I looked at the sky and said “Come here, Thorn!” but nothing happened. I tried again, nothing… then I remembered there were tasks based around Sculpting the LC host… so I took some snow and made a sculpture of thorn and then brought it to life. It worked, and he was standing infront of me. He somewhat resembled a combination of his avatar, and sonic. I decided to continue the snowball fight with him. It was fun. After a while, I stopped once again and tried to think of more tasks. At this point, both Thorn and the two DC’s have not said anything. I was afraid of the dream ending soon so I wanted to move on to the new tasks, the shrink related ones. I asked Thorn to shrink me down to a tiny size. He didn’t react to my words, but the others two DC’s started to refuse and try to convince me otherwise “Thats not a smart idea” they said. “you shouldn’t do that”. I ignored them and asked Thorn once again. He looked at me and said “No, its time to wake up”. All of a sudden the scene changed and I was sitting in a patch of grass infront of Thorn who was holding a plastic bag… The other two DC’s were gone. For a brief second I thought I woke up, but then I realized this was a really weird place to fall asleep… I knew I was still dreaming… I didn’t fall for your trick, Thorn! I asked Thorn again to please shrink me down to a small size, and this time, you did. We both shrunk down and got caught inside the plastic bag you had in your hand (it didn’t shrink). Once we made our way out of the bag, we walked through some grass together. The grass was roughly twice my height and I had no idea where I was in the patch because it all looked the same. We wandered a bit, and then ran into a large black cat (that reminded me of my own cat). It was really huge, in comparison to us. Thorn at this point went back into his “silent” mode and didn’t say too much. I ran past Thorn and up to the cat. I touched him, he felt soft. The cat didn’t seem to mind… It was at this point the dream scene started to change again. Everything was starting to fade to black, and this time, I couldn’t avoid it… The Lucid Dream ended.

TLDR; these are the tasks I completed:

• Walked around in the snow
  • Participated in snowball fight (with other DC’s)
  • Sculpted an LC participant/host from snow
  • Brought the sculpture to life (Thorn)
  • Had another snowball fight WITH LC host
  • Shrink to 6" or less
  • Wander through grass
  • Complete small tasks with LC participant (Still Thorn)
  • Interact with larger creature
  • Lucid Bonus/ Early combo for week 5??

PS. Obfusc8, how do you pronounce your name? :lol: Just curious for the next time I am lucid, So I can spawn you in as a DC.

^ First thing’s first: his name is pronounced “obfuscate”, which means to bewilder or to make unclear. The stress can go either on the “ob” or the “fus” depending on your dialect. The “8” becomes “ate”, see? :tongue:

Second thing’s second: wow, what a dream! It sounded really intense and vivid, and frankly I’m flattered I got to come along, even if I was your backup plan. :tongue: You had instances where dream control didn’t work perfectly the first time but you didn’t back down, and the sheer point payoff reflects that. Really, congratulations, and here’s hoping you have more dreams just like it.

The scores are updated.

:eek: :eek: :eek: Jer!!! So many points!!! Now I’m gonna have to LD so much to catch you!! :razz: (And by that I mean I’ll try. No telling how much I’ll actually manage. :razz: )

Anyways, here’s some unexpected points and an almost-did-my-incubation-but-didn’t LD. :razz: (You may also notice I have a new avatar for Task 5… Inspiration taken from Thorn’s story. :razz: Full-size pics here.

Unexpectedly Small ~ Short Lucid Dream ~ Shrink to 6" or Less, EARLY

Stats so far:

[spoiler]NLDs: 1
Short LDs: 8
Medium LDs: 2
Long LDs: 1
Lucid Moments: 1

Task 1:-C Become your Character & Drive a Motor Vehicle [C] | Wander Around a Bustling City [C] & Fly Through a City [C] | Eat in a Nice Restaurant
Task 2:-E Walk on a Beach | Fly over a Mountain
Task 3:-C Pull an Object out of Hammerspace [C]
Task 4:-E Used Selected HoverGear [C], Sported a Grind [C] for 10 Seconds, Did a Non-Grind Trick [C], and Raced the Host [C]
Task 5:-E Shrink to 6" or Less
[/spoiler]

^ Points given, scores updated. Do it while lucid next time!