Lucidity Challenge 53 - winner GenghisKhan!

Yeah you got it ! :happy:

It was him ! :happy:

Not exactly sure what’s included in the genre so i asked :tongue:

In a non-lucid dream, I saw people in military uniforms, rode in a flying vehicle, and got into a gun fight. I also was in a tuxedo briefly as the dream initially thought of us more as “spies” but it quickly turned into a more military-style outfit and then a superhero costume.

Had an LD here this morning which at around 10+ minutes long makes it a long one for me. Other than a completely unexpected appearance by the Joker, (not defeated) not much happened in this one. It was incredibly stable and realistic though. :smile:

Grrr computer crashed and lost my post… :angry:

@Mew151- Nice combo on the tasks, 150 points in 1 night! I gave you points for the pilot a flying vehicle sub tasks too, since you landed the helicopter. :smile:

@James_uk2008 - Uh oh. Joker has an army of anthro lizards? :eek: Grats on the lucid dream.

Scores are updated

(I’m off to London, so there won’t be any score updates until Sunday afternoon/evening. :wave:)

had a ND herewhen in the end I get lucid for a few seconds, where I see a car exploding (non-lucidly), not by myself. In the end, a question to me made me thought and I noticed I was dreaming, but I woke up. does it counts as a short LD?

A couple broken lucids, but with short and long lengths. (The second one is a long one because I woke up and dropped back into dreams that had lucid bits quite a bit. Sadly, I can’t recall most of them because of said waking and drifting. :razz: ) Anyways… I also did a bunch of tasks!

Fragmented Bits, Han Solo, and Finn - Short Lucid Dream - Witness or Get Into a Fight Task 3 EARLY
Witch’s Mop - Long Lucid Dream - Fly in/on Something that Shouldn’t, See a Chase / Race, Participate in the Chase, & Escape from Trap/Cell/Restraints

Stats so far:

[spoiler]NLDs: 4
Short LDs: 4
Medium LDs: 1
Long LDs: 1

Task 1:-E Ride in a Flying Vehicle, Pilot the Vehicle | Hold a Traditional Weapon, Use/Fire the Weapon
Task 2:-E Explore a Castle, Explore Below Ground, & Cast a Spell | Encounter a Mythical Creature | Witness or Get Into a Fight
Task 3:-E Fly in/on Something that Shouldn’t, See a Chase / Race, Participate in the Chase, & Escape from Trap/Cell/Restraints

Side Quest: Super Hero Genre | Science Fiction Genre
[/spoiler]

Lucid dream (medium duration) in which I go out for lunch with some LD4All members.

A second lucid dream (long duration, over 10 minutes) in which I recreate some classic comic book scenes. I claim points for:

• Children’s movie sidetask
  • Superhero sidetask
  • Personal task of seeing my own appearance/clothing in a dream (either the Yankee Girl costume, or the 1950’s evening dress).
  • Jungle parkour (while lucid)
  • Wear a cocktail dress (while lucid)
  • Transform into another person (while lucid) - TF into Thora Birch.

Possible completion of:

• Fly on something that shouldn’t. Skateboards don’t really fly; but on the other hand, hoverboards are supposed fly. I blame Thorn for giving me this idea :smile:
  • Spy gadget. Does a hoverboard count?

EDIT: mainly, I blame Thorn for the hoverboard. But Robert Zemeckis (Back to the Future), Neal Stephenson (the character KT in Snow Crash) and maybe even Jack Kirby have some degree of responsibility :smile:

@Pedro - Yup, since we removed ‘lucid fragments’ from the scoring, becoming lucid even just for a few moments counts as a short lucid dream. :smile:

@Cornelia - The ‘need a witch licence’ bit made me lol :lol: Inadventant task completions FTW! You just need to do a few more, or your personal goal, to catch Genghis, and Susan_Y!

@Susan_Y - Good combos! You earned the lucid/combo bonuses for all three weeks with those task completions. Also, grats on doing your personal goal. The description of the flying bit sounded like you used a regular skateboard and ended up doing some kind of parasailing behind a car, so I’ll count it as something that shouldn’t fly, however you can’t then claim it as a hoverboard otherwise it’d be something that does fly. Okay? Anyways, you’ve displaced Cornelia and stolen second place! :ok:

Scores are updated

Posted a ND LINK TO DJ where I travel on a modern train.
However, I am not sure it counts, since I have just the memory that I travel by train, put cannot really recall any picture of myself inside the train…

had a ND here where I see a gunfight. It is interesting how physical treats hits your body, the bullet actually didn’t hurt.

@GenghisKhan - Hmmm. Could just be a fake dream memory. As you’re not certain if you were in the train, and you’re not exactly hurting for points, I’ll ask you to try that one again.

@Pedro - It’s good that you didn’t feel pain, apparently some people do in dreams, which must be horrible. I normally don’t feel anything either - blame it on playing too many video games? :smile:

Scores are updated

Here is a medium-length lucid dream in which I became my dragon character, which again fulfills the task about changing skin color and growing a tail but now gains the lucid bonus for it. I also viewed several racing scenes in various video game fragments of the dream before becoming lucid, including Super Mario 64’s big penguin race and Sonic R, but none of them had ground or water vehicles as that task requires.

Lucid dream, (short duration, < 1 minute) in which I encounter a giant crab.

I claim the points for the lucid dream.

This possibly also counts for the “science fiction” sidetask. It made quite a good SF monster.

@Thorn - Well grats on the lucid dream, although I’m disappointed that you didn’t use that anger to breathe out some fire like a ‘proper’ dragon. :ysim: :razz:

@Susan_Y - Hmmmmmm. For the SF genre I’m looking for something a bit more ‘out there’ or other-worldly. If it was an alien crab or scientific experiment go wrong then sure.

Not much this morning… but a short LD and a task nonetheless!

Circuits and Virtual Reality - Short Lucid Dream - Transform your Appearance

Stats so far:

[spoiler]NLDs: 4
Short LDs: 5
Medium LDs: 1
Long LDs: 1

Task 1:-E Ride in a Flying Vehicle, Pilot the Vehicle | Hold a Traditional Weapon, Use/Fire the Weapon
Task 2:-E Explore a Castle, Explore Below Ground, & Cast a Spell | Encounter a Mythical Creature | Witness or Get Into a Fight | Transform your Appearance
Task 3:-E Fly in/on Something that Shouldn’t, See a Chase / Race, Participate in the Chase, & Escape from Trap/Cell/Restraints

Side Quest: Super Hero Genre | Science Fiction Genre
[/spoiler]

@obsfusc8: Ok, I’ll have another try at the science fiction task. There’s enough SF- inspired nonsense in my dreams that it should be easy.

A short LD (LINK TO DJ) in which I manage to complete few tasks.

As described in the DJ, very poor recall and LD performances in these days.
I am very sleepy when I do WILD, HI quickly fades and I lose focus quickly.
Oh well, it will get better :smile:

• Participate in a race including non motorized vehicles

• including unusual vehicles

• Watch a vehicle explode

• Cause the explosion

• Successfully activate a spy gadget

@Cornelia - Flying that vehicle at the end gets you the lucid bonus for week 1 too. (also on the scoreboard I put you down as doing the aerial stunt instead of piloting, but that’s fixed now) Second place is currently a tie! :happy:

@Genghis - Heh Flintstone’s ‘car’ race - quality! Also love the idea of a snow car. Now I have a new goal to make a motorbike out of snow… :nod:

New tasks tomorrow, 1pm GMT! Make sure you post any task completions before the deadline to get included in the end of week scores and earn the ‘early’ points.

Scores are updated

Short LD (LINK TO DJ) in which I investigate an homicide.

I can claim points for the Detective side quest.

@GenghisKhan - Perfect. You are on to the Fantasy genre. :smile:

End of week 3 scores:

• GenghisKhan - 1750
  • Susan_Y, Cornelia Xaos - 660
  • En’enra - 460
  • James_uk2008 - 450
  • Koal44 - 290
  • Pedro Sponchiado - 270
  • Thorn - 200
  • Lumessence - 170
  • Mew151 - 150
  • Oleg - 140
  • Jer - 60
  • Drd - 30
    The stars this week are Susan_Y and Cornelia Xaos who are now neck-and-neck in second place, with Susan_Y now up to 5 side mission completions. :content: