MILD in March 2021 Challenge: Who's with me?

thanks! I didn’t use the WBTB technique exactly, it was more of a brief awakening before falling back asleep for another few hours, but im wondering if that would work for me if I officially tried it :thinking:

1 Like

In a book I’m currently reading by Charlie Morley, he cites something like 2,000% more lucid dreams if you use WBTB. It’s definitely worth trying out! (By the way, his book, dealing with Dream Yoga, is absolutely riveting.)

I’ve had a dry spell since my triple-decker LD - I can’t even remember my dreams! I think I psyched myself out somehow. : (

1 Like

ill definitely try that out, then! i tend to have many more dreams in the morning anyways, so that might just work ^^

Lucid dreaming tends to be a bit sporadic i’ve found, like i had a recent dry spell myself. I’m sure soon you’ll be back on track and find more success with your LDs :slight_smile:

1 Like

I forgot to post here, but I had an LD yesterday and today that were kinda like MILDs… well… at least… the autosuggestion to be lucid worked… not so much with my dream goals, though. :stuck_out_tongue:

You can read them here and here.

2 Likes

So I’ve been crazy busy but I had a LD 5 nights ago. As usual, I did MILD and inspected at my hands in a dream, and realized I was dreaming (my pinky was like a foot long).

The dream itself was nothing very special - just walking back to my dream apartment with my wife. I mentioned it was a dream but she didn’t really care, haha.

I woke up in the early hours and then went back to bed. That’s when things got crazy. I had a chain of very powerful, archetypal dreams that I would characterize as being semi-lucid. I knew in the back of my mind it was a dream but went along with it and the dream was just unbelievably luminescent and vivid.

I was on a crazy ice ship, because a production company was shooting a documentary and needed someone (me of course) to go live in the little tower at the top of the ship (like 10 stories high) to relive the experience of a little-known ice shipper who lived alone in the crazy tower. The view from the window was impossibly clear: a huge sky, open sea, blue-gray horizon as far as the eye can see, just so huge and wide and unwritten / full of possibility.

Somehow, the iceshipper was me, and vice-versa. It was more than reliving and retelling; I was stepping back into someone I once knew, or was, somehow. Past life??

The little tower had a big mechanical colander. As we plowed through the ice, the machine would chop up wood for firewood to power the ship. I sat in a revolving chair in front of the massive window, with the wood chipper behind me. As the ship moved forward, I swerved around crazily and the firewood was born in the machine behind me.

Walking down from the tower, I discussed with actor Michael Caine, who was making the documentary. We stopped on a landing and he opened a “book of life.”

I don’t remember the details but essentially, this dream was about unwritten possibility, and how what lies ahead is one with what is already done and past.

This LD happened the same way all my LD happen. Basically, I had gotten a good night of sleep the previous night, and I did all the right practices (journaling, RCs, meditating 2x a day, winding down in the evening, etc.).

You definitely have to be consistent to get the results.

5 Likes

Last night I had a dream where I was discussing LDs with somebody, almost certainly on LD4all. And then I contemplated on my MILD mantra and recited it. Inside my dream :lol: Go, MILD in March

Maaaybe I even became lucid in that dream but it was super early in the night and I’m feeling lucky I can still recall anything after sleeping through the night completely uninterrupted.

2 Likes

Haha that’s funny @Marvin, and a great wrap-up for Mild in March! The end is merely the beginning…

I had a LD a couple nights ago but didn’t bother to report it because it was so laughable. I was shopping at the pharmacy with a small cart, and wondering, why the hell am I wearing my bathrobe at the pharmacy?! Sure enough it was a dream. Unfortunately like with Marvin this was early in the night and didn’t last. I do remember though that I couldn’t sleep so I walked downstairs in my house… But I randomly did a RC, and realized I was dreaming! So another mini LD right there.

Not exactly earth shattering experiences, but they do point to a useful tip: if you want easy lucid dreams, get in the habit of weird-induced LDs by simply asking yourself when you’re awake, anytime something weird happens, “Could this be a dream?” It’s a super easy hack for at least a couple LDs per month.

: )

Unrelated topic: what do you all think about using supplements? Legit, or unmindful?

1 Like

Is March shorter by a day where you are living? Still at least 1 more night to go. But like you said, it’s only the beginning anyway! I’ll try to stick to MILD whenever I have the opportunity. Unfortunately that has become quite rare mid March and will continue like this for most of the upcoming months. So I’ll need to figure out how to adapt my sleeping habits to accommodate.

Concerning supplements, the most recent discussion can be found here:
https://community.ld4all.com/t/do-supplements-really-work-for-lucid-dreaming/75823

I’ve never used any and prefer not to try. Most of the actually useful stuff is likely illegal here anyway except for strictly medical purposes.

On the last possible chance to still count for March, I had a weak or even false lucid dream last night. It must have been the first dream of the night, it feels so distant and hazy. Basically the only thing I remember is that I used lucid powers and knew that I could because I was inside a dream. Even even feels a bit like FM from inside a dream. Can’t even write anything useful down in my online DJ :joy:

And this concludes MILD in March for me. I’ll definitely keep MILDing!

1 Like

Continuing the discussion from MILD in March 2021 Challenge: Who's with me?:

Great dream. Do you have any background of ships or shipping in your past?
K

1 Like

I actually love when this happens because then I have the opportunity to remember details of the dreams better through repetition! This is something I actually aim to do bc I want to be able to remember the art and music that comes up in dreams better, since it is always so fresh!

I called it “layering” because you’re layering on the memory of the information Dream after dream, like a cosmic neural cake :grin: kind of inception -esque lol

It doesn’t necessarily need to be during an FA either, it could also be just a normal dream, then repeating or relaying the information to yourself or a DC in the next dream, etc etc.

1 Like

Yes that’s definitely true. Just this morning I had a dream in which I told a DC (colleague of mine) during some small talk about the dreams I had had earlier that night and to some degree even from the previous nights as if I was telling her about my weekend.

What I noticed though is that those dreams tend to inject a lot of new information especially in the form of FM. So for me it’s not always just about intensifying existing memory but also largely extending them. It can get really muddled. But if broad content is just what you want, then there’s nothing wrong with that.

1 Like