My first LD, really wierd one...

ok, i had my first LD for about 1 and a half year ago.
i had been drinking a lot of alcohol during last night and hadnt got a lot of sleep, when i woke up i went to a friend because he asked me to head over to his place when i woke. after spending some time there i got this huge hangover and told him i needed to get some more sleep, he told me that he would wake me up in a couple of hours so i went to bed and tried to get some decent sleep. the last thing i remember was seeing some cartoon on the tv and then i was drawn into a really strange sense of awareness, then i suddenly found myself at the party i was on the last night. everything happend exactly the same way but something was different, i could walk around in the whole house and see the party continuing and it seem’d like nobody saw me. as if i was invisible or something, anyway. i ran around there playing for a couple of hours or some it seem’d. then i suddenly found myself in the middle of nowhere and i had a strong urge to jump, so i did. and i flew right into the sky, i got really scared because when i started falling down, i could almost grab the clouds as and i was way up high in the sky. anyway, when i hit the ground i simply bounced up a little then i found myself on some road, looked around a little and then woke up.

my question is, how can a huge hangover cause such a strong LD? and has anyone else had their 1st LD this way? got any suggestions on how i should continue training? any recommended method?

ive been trying to experience LD since that day, but i havent had much time and i dont get enough time studying techniques eighter.

i really want to master this, even if it will cost me a lot of time and reading. its 100% worth it.

// Christopher

oh, i just remembered something.

ive had really wierd short dreams before that aswell, it feels like you cant move and you see something in the dark which looks like a middle age female, but it felt more like a vampire or something simular…

really wierd, feels like your completely paralyzed.

To the latter post that is called “Old Hag” phenomenon. Essentially what it is is that you woke from a middle of a dream but your body hasn’t had a chance to get out of sleep paralysis. Thats why you feel like you can’t move.

As to the “creature” your seeing that is typically caused because you are in a half dream state, your eyes are awake and seeing but your brain is still trying to dream.

Because your in a half dream kinda state this is a great time to have an LD. Just relax and keep gently thinking so that you stay conciouss mentally as you fall back into REM sleep.

Hi Forsaken! Welcome to the forum! :wave:

About your second post, you’ll find more accounts of this experience in the BIG Sleep Paralysis and Old Hag topic.