New RCs, Invent!

Ha ha, how funny. My teeth are always loose and coming out in my dreams :grin: in fact I’ve never had a dream where my teeth are actually fine and not loose lol. I wonder why this is?

It could be a symbol of losing something or someone in your life. But, it’s up to you to interpret.

Haha, I think I have invented a clever way to induce DILD’s, with a new RC method - rubbing your hands in waking life.

What you do is this: you start a habit of rubbing your hands once every few minutes. When this happens you might get a weird feeling in your feet, but don’t worry: this is normal.
When you go to bed, rub your hands for one last time and say, “Next time I find myself rubbing my hands I will be in a dream.” It might not work for a few days, but trust me, and I’m talking from experience, it does! It’s the technique that I mentioned that appeared in my newly journaled lucid dream.

It’s basically a new way of combining DILD + MILD.

Isn’t this for RC’s, not induction methods? Ah, whatever, I’ll try it out. Actually, isn’t DILD stand alone? And that’s pretty much what MILD is anyways…

I got a flashback from the movie “The Mask” with Jim Carrey that could be used as an RC. He makes a monkey crawl out of the butt of a bad guy, so here´s how that could become a RC. A couple times a day, check if you can make a monkey crawl out of your butt, if it doesn´t work, you´re awake, but if a monkey does crawl out of your ass, you´re dreaming! The perfect RC? :cool:

I have some interesting RC-s that may work, since I haven’t tested them :happy:.

1. Calling yourself. Just take your phone and choose your own number. In dream, funky stuff may happen :happy:
  2. Eat something and expect it to taste different. Like take a chocolate and expect it to be sour etc. If it is, you are dreaming, or the food may be spoiled.
  3. Touch your head. In one dream I did and I was completely bald.

I don’t know if its new but…

I notice that I do the following things in the dream - run , pass through doors , drive or see cars.

My conclusion is to use these TRIGGERS rather than using some new technique and to invent new habbits. We already have “habbits” in our dream walking life so it is up to us to use them to induce LD. Find your “habbits” in your LD and use them to do RC whenever you do these things IRL BUT one thing important (Yeah a big but) is to be AWARE of the action and LUCID in the RL too while commencing the RC.

Cheers

One reality check I came up with is actually believing your brain is as cold as ice. Then, place your hand on your head. If your head is hot, then you are awake. If your head is as cold as ice, you are dreaming. :cool:

Something I’ve tried the last LD’s was walking through the door (when it was closed).
It works every time… but if you try that IRL… well… :tongue: I wouldn’t lol.

at first, when having heard about lucid dreaming, i just radomly did different rc’s. but later on, i got more organised.

1. i started doing four different rc’s together. i pinched myself, i looked at a sign, looked away and then back at the sign, counted my fingers and tried to force my finger trough my palm.
  2. i had another idea one night, while i was trying to go to sleep: i drew a red square on the back of my hand. and every time i saw the square on the back of my hand, i did at least two different regular rc’s. the next day at school i used my friends black marker to make it even more eye-catching. the fun part was that it looked then just like the anarchist’s flag. the other problem is that the ink fades and gives color a bit.
  3. the system i’m using at the moment is that i’ve tied a piece of ribbon around my wrist. every time i see of feel it, i touch it and clearly ask myself (in my thoughts) “am i akake? is the place, where i am, logical? what am i currently doing?” the problem is you get quite used to the ribbon after a while, so i’m looking for something to tie to the ribbon, maybe some wooden balls so it would be harder for me to ignore them. a little tintinnabula would be perfect, i can imagine, but i belive it would seriously piss me off after a day or two with its ringing. but it’s worth a shot, i think.

ps: someone asked if anyone had heard the franz ferdinand song “lucid dreams”? yeah, i have, and that’s how i actually became aware that lucid dreams existed. i googled “lucid dreams” (i wanted to know what it meant in english) and there it was.
by the way, it’s a great song, ESPECIALLY the eight-minute version. kinda carries the spirit of lucid dreaming (both the lyrics and the choppy melody). i suggest you all have a listen to it.
besides, i’ve discoreverd that (at least for me) this song encourages having and remembering dreams. no, really!
“I’ll dream a nation of me
a new ambrosia where we can live in…”