Newbie advice: Helpful hints for aspiring Lucid Dreamers III

Good summary of lucid dreaming. Thanks!

4.5 hours after going to sleep, then 90 minutes after that and 90 minutes after that. Thats what I do, you can read about it in my DJ

A major tip from me I just learned a while ago…

Don’t try to take control of the entire dream. Don’t try to yell “CHANGE TO MAGICAL UNICORN LAND NOW” and expect it to happen.

I’ve learned to rely on DCs (even my pets) to bring me the desired persons I want to meet and such. If I want to change my setting, I have to go through a door with the ideal place in mind or close my eyes and peel my eyelids open.

Yeah, dream control can be hard and it’s much harder to change the dreamscape or any object while you’re looking at it (although this can be possible if you believe you have magic powers in the dream, maybe a wand?..then your subconscious will be able to link an event…casting a spell…with an action…changing objects or scenery, one thing in LDs is it seems easier to change stuff when you logically connect an event with the action)

As Rotten Apples says, in LDs, the best way to find something or to go somewhere else is to connect getting there with some event, like walking through a door or a teleportation device

but who knows?, the more you practice LDing and the more you have, the more control you will build and may be able to change the dreamscape whilst looking at it :smile:

That´s right. It may be a good idea to be statisfied, even if you do not exactly get what you want. Be grateful.

get motivated and don’t get discouraged if you don’t get what you want to first time. :tongue:

Hi
I’m very new to lucid dreaming, so at the moment i am trying to remeber my dreams. And one trick i have done which has helped me is to write on a piece of paper ‘What did i dream?’ MY bed up near the roof so it is the first thing i see when i wake up but it helps just reading it before i go to bed helps me to remeber my dreams. I have had holidays for 2 weeks and i put the "what did i dream’ sighn on the first day of holidays and every morning i have remeber parts or all of my dream/dreams.
It really works for me and maybe it might for others i’d love to know?! :smile:

That sounds like an amazing idea, and it looks pretty cool too! :happy: i’m going to do that. sounds great.

I want you to right now, have a look around where-ever you are, but in your head pretend you are dreaming, or rather imagine that you are dreaming, just for a moment. Don’t actually go and do anything, just pretend in your head that you are dreaming right now and have gained lucidity, you look around at how real everything looks and think “wow, i can’t believe how real this seems”. Don’t close your eyes, just try to see it from this different perspective for about a minute or two.

Did it feel good? strange? different? or just the same? either way you have taken a moment to put yourself in that situation, and deeply consider your reality. You have held it up to questioning under your conscious awareness, and this just might give you the kick-start you need. Believe it or not, this is actually a technique known as Tibetan Dream Yoga… feel free to use it as much as you like.

I think I was 12 or 13 when I started haveing lucid dreams it was natural . I didn’t know what a ld was. I was young but I could do it every nigth. It was easy I get in bed tell my self what I was going to do in my dream, and next thing I know I was telling my self “I’m dreaming!” there I was a 12,13 year old kidrunning around looking for girls. That only lasted tell around 15 years old. Then I losted it
Its been years sences then and I cant do it any more. I dont know what happen. I have alot of powers that i can do fly, move think with my mind that one is cool, make wolverine claws come out of my hands. I can’t get lucid .I know its a matter of time before I get it back. Is there any one how knows what I’m going thought. Or maybe some advance technique I can use senes I have experiences before.[/list]

I think I was 12 or 13 when I started haveing lucid dreams it was natural . I didn’t know what a ld was. I was young but I could do it every nigth. It was easy I get in bed tell my self what I was going to do in my dream, and next thing I know I was telling my self “I’m dreaming!” there I was a 12,13 year old kidrunning around looking for girls. That only lasted tell around 15 years old. Then I losted it
Its been years sences then and I cant do it any more. I dont know what happen. I have alot of powers that i can do fly, move think with my mind that one is cool, make wolverine claws come out of my hands. I can’t get lucid .I know its a matter of time before I get it back. Is there any one how knows what I’m going thought. Or maybe some advance technique I can use senes I have experiences before.[/list]

streamwalker… just try stacking techniques… listen to lots of lucid dreaming Mp3’s, practice MILD/VILD, do RC’s, eat banana’s… just keep doing everything you can and focus on it intensely for the next week or two… even when you get a LD again… just keep doing it until you are having them very frequently… (even then you might want to consider still doing it)

The advanced technique I use is called Tibetan Dream Yoga (which isn’t yoga at all… but a very good way to change perception).

Does Meditating before you go to sleep help with LDing at all??

meditation in general will help with LD’ing because it raises your self-awareness which is something very critical to have a lot of, when it comes to LD’ing.

I often meditate before sleeping because i find i have more dreams that way, my dreams start almost immeditately within the first stages of sleep and the dreams in this stage are much more profound.

meditation will help you in all area’s of life not just LD’ing… so why not give it a go… can’t hurt right?

I was thinking of meditating in general, I seen a tv show about it, do you have any websites or anything to help me get started?

there are plenty about if you run a search for “meditation techniques” in google.

here is one to get you started:
meditationiseasy.com/mCorner/tec … /index.htm

When i first started meditating it felt more like a chore and i wasn’t enjoying it… but after a while i started to get better at it, and could reach much deeper states… and that is where all the fun happens. Now i do it very regularly because I enjoy it and consider it a hobby now instead of a chore.

thanks for your help ^^

One thing that I have been wondering about is when is the right time to switch from working on dream recall to working on having a lucid dream? Is it okay to be working on both at once, or is it better to choose one focus and concentrate on that?

I do them both at the same time…sorta. What I do is just write my dreams in a dream journal and still do methods to induce lucid dreams. I don’t think it really matters.

Whatever works for you Cerulean. You can work on both if you choose to but its up to the individual and how good they are at multi-tasking and using concentration skills.

If you would prefer to start working on lucid dreaming after developing better DR then you might decide yourself when the time is right, but otherwise i would say when you can write at least one full page on one single dream.