Newbie advice: Helpful hints for aspiring Lucid Dreamers III

I have also found that Carlos Castenada’s technique of looking at your hands as being one of THE best techniques. I lucid dream a few times a week and I always find that one of the absolute best ways to go lucid or remain lucid is looking and studying one’s hands.

Do this: During your waking hours, whenever you think about it, look at your hands and think about lucid dreaming. Think about becoming lucid. I saw another reply that is of great value and that is that the more you submerge yourself into the topics, whether by reading, listening to, etc, the more often you will find yourself lucid. By looking at your hands (they’re always there!) and imagining becoming lucid, you will follow that habit into your dreams and it will trigger lucidity. And when you find yourself losing lucidity, look at your hands and it will anchor you back into lucidity.

Helpful info thanks.

I’m not sure if i’m in the right area here or not, i’m new here so please excuse me if i’m posting incorrectly lol…Since i was a child, i’ve never had “uncontrolled” dreams, or rather i should say, i rarely do. When i go to bed at night, before i ever get in bed, i’ve already decided what i’m going to dream, and they play out more like a movie. If i’m dreaming, i can rewind, fast forward, or change any part of it. I rarely have nightmares, although on occasion i do. My question is an i already lucid dreaming? or is this something else? thanks! :tongue:

I would like to know if you really need to practice dream recall for a month before moving on, because I usually remember every dream that I had the previous night, and although I never wrote them down, I could still remember them well enough. So am I technically ready to try a lucid dream? Because I wanted to try WILD tonight, but I do not know if I’m ready, and if I should just wait.

A little side note too, I have had mini LD experiences before I ever knew about LD’s, where I knew I was dreaming, is this also a sign that I am ready to try LD’s?

Hello there, lucid dreamers!
I have just started out writing up my dreams in a dream journal, but my problem is that I can’t remember special details (Like how the surroundings looked like - Walls, Streets and so on - Is that essential?) and sometimes I wake up all 30 minutes! Because writing up dream fragments all minutes is hard and a bit of… annoying… Any hints what I can do?

I’m no expert but I would say you are probably ready to have a lucid dream. Athlough if I were you I wouldn’t try WILD before going to sleep because it probably won’t work. It takes a while before you dream after you first fall asleep. Set your alarm so it wakes you up a few hours after you go to sleep and then when you wake up in the middle of the night go back to sleep using WILD and it will be MUCH easier to use WILD because you are already tired and relaxed. this method is call WBTB + WILD

What if that moment of epiphany doesn’t come? And how can i make it come?
Cuz i did a RC in a dream, it turned out i was dreaming. I knew i was dreaming but i didn’t realize :eek:

hey there, welcome :wave:

maybe you had a low level of lucidity, or even a FLD. :neutral: Sometimes you get lucid but there is no epiphany because you don’t really realize that you can do anything you want! and sometimes you dream you get lucid, without actually geting lucid. :bored:

How can i change that? :open_mouth: I’ve had LD’s sometimes, last one was this summer. I’ve always had a good dream recall and sometimes a LD. But now i started working on having LD’s i’ve had low LD’s or maybe even FLD’s ? I knew i was dreaming in a dream 3 out of 7 last week, but i just didn’t have the click. Last night i did have the click, but the more i embraced the lucidness, the more i woke up. So i just had to let it slip and dream the dream:(

I have many low lucids myself :cry: and have been trying to change that. One way is to try and shout out “increase lucidity!” or taking a second to analyze your situation. Trying to remember WL details such as your name and adress, or doing some math in your head should also help awaken your logical mind.

But in general, it’s just a matter of practice! :smile:

Hi!
I am having trouble with dream recall. I keep a dream journal, wake mtionlessly and slowly, ect. but my recall is still very poor. Is there anything else I can do?

What worked for me is to do the same in real life. Before going to sleep lay down in your bed relaxed, close your eyes and start remembering what you did throughout the day after you woke up. While going over the day remember what you felt, thought, people’s reactions toward you etc. as much as you can. While doing that make it feel as if your day had been a dream. Do that for a few days, and you’ll be amazed at your dream recall.

I was wondering if there was an easy way for someone to LD if they are just starting out. I have a DJ and I have two in (I would have had three, but I didn’t remember one). I’ve been trying to LD for about two weeks and I’ve been doing Reality checks. So, I wanted to know if there was a good way for beginners.
Thanks

@KauaiDreamer That sounds like a great idea, im going to try that tonight, i have pretty good dream recall but im always looking for new techs. :happy: .