Not a LD or FLD, but I know I'm dreaming

I’m not lucid in my dreams. I’m not talking about FLD’s, because I’m not acting like I’m lucid. However, I’ve noticed that I tend to break the fourth wall a lot in my normal dreams lately. By that, I mean that most of the time I make comments about everything being a dream, but do not become lucid, or attempt to RC. I just continue the dream as if nothing is different.

For example,

And last night I had a dream where I was at a library, looking at books. I stumbled upon an interesting one and remarked, “Hey. I think this book might exist in Real Life.”

Finally, I’ve been having callbacks to other dreams a lot lately.

So… anyone else have this? Or is it just me?

Yup, I know what you are talking about. :smile: I also sometimes think about stuff like in your examples and then go on like, yeah, whatever. And Bird made a thread about something like this some time ago here.

Yeah this happens to me a lot. However once I started ADA it doesn’t happen as often.

Maybe a low-lucidity?

So, I just found out that a friend of mine often has the exact same kind of dreams which you described. He makes comments about what is happening, like in your example with the library book, but he’s not lucid. Sometimes, after a few comments, he realizes that he is in fact dreaming, but wakes up immediately.

yeah, this happens quite a lot to me too.