Pain in dreams?

I had a vary long absolutely wondefull dream tonight… sadly it involved me getting stabbed twice though :wink:

It hurt soooo bad… It was horrible. The sensation disappeared pretty soon after though, and during the rest of the dream I felt fine. It was really strange… the pain just gradually disappeared.

I feel pain in my dreams, and it hurts a lot, the pain will still be there when I wake up, if I wake in the middle of the dream. If I become lucid in the middle of a nightmare, I will still be scared as I know it will hurt if the monster/alien catches me :o(
Everything I feel in my dreams is a real to me as real life, heat, cold, being tired, thirsty, touch, sound, colour etc.

I’ve had a few dreams where I’ve killed myself out of desperation to get out of what I was about to do. Usually it’s VERY desperate. Like, one time I stabbed myself but I didn’t die quick enough so I ran in front of a few cars… xD It was kind of comical. But to the point, any pain I feel is usually pressure. Like, when I’ve stabbed myself I’ve felt a lot of pressure. Kind of like, if a doctor numbs you with something and stitches you up or does some kind of surgery you’d feel some crazy pressure, but not so much pain. I would presume anyone who’s had a C-section would know this feeling.

I don’t get much pain in dreams. Mostly it’s sort of toned down. For example, I might fall on my face and just sort of think, “Oh dear. I have fallen on my face. Ouch.” On the rare occasion that something really hurts me in a dream, it’s a burning type of pain, regardless of what’s causing it.

I was puled by the hair in a dream, recently. It hurt bad!

I have only felt pain in non lucid past life dreams. At least, I like to think they are past life dreams. Of course if we don’t live again, then I don’t know WHY I felt pain in the dream lol.

On my first LD (very memorable) I was trying out all my uber awesome powers , I flew around my house and then towards the big hill behind my house full of jagged rocks , I knew that it couldnt hurt me, so I let myself drop, I plummeted down , tumbling over and over , It just felt like the rocks pushed in on me , but didnt hurt or break the skin , man it was awesome, next time I’m making a fool out of Neo…

I once had a strange dream about war. I lost my leg in exposion. It didnt hurt, and i was able to move my leg! That was great, i standed my leg and jumped back to my body. Weird, but cool. Btw I dont remember to feel any pain in dream, if it doesnt exists in reality.

I’ve yet to have a successful Lucid Dream (I just started), but what if I were to get my arm chopped off by a samurai in my dream and I felt pain? :sad: I’m scared now.

I don’t feel pain in dreams, I don’t allow it.

The only time I can recall feeling pain in a dream is when a cat dug its claws into my back, and that pain was so incredibly dull that I hardly even noticed it. :tongue: Falling about 10 feet through a trapdoor and shooting myself did not produce any pain at all. Not that I’m complaining… :wink:

Haven’t been shot yet in a dream, but I did get cut by a lightsaber.
I was lucid so, I decided not to mind the cut and there was no pain :sleep:

haha… you never know if you get too good IRL you may find when you cut yourself you won’t feel that pain either… and despite how it may have it’s upsides… it’s definately a problem! That is, reality-fantasy worlds blending together in your mind… it’s possible, yes?

Well, I definetly wouldn’t want to loose a finger or two and not notice it at all :happy:
Although I doubt it that someone could loose the sense of pain completely… :eh:

I doubt it’s a likely thing… but that’s not to say it can’t happen. These sort of practices may seem harmless, but done incorrectly, too much or by a person in the wrong state of mind could alter their reality enough for this to happen, sadly… it’d depend very much on the person though and any illnesses they may have as well.

If the person already has illnesses much things is possible.

Like “this is NOT my arm” when it is

Hehe, I also only felt pain by a cat. Dug it’s little claws into my arm. Felt a lot of pressure but not too much pain.

That has been talked about a lot here. If you are normal, you will not have any problem mixing reality and dreams. Your mind always knows if you are dreaming or awake. It does have to make up the dream world and keep track of everything while you are dreaming. While you are awake it is busy dealing with the sensory input. You may not be able to tell the difference between a vivid dream and being awake, but your mind knows the difference.
There are people who have learned to control pain IRL, but they know that it is RL when they are doing it.
One thing about LD’ing, you do need to learn to trust you mind and your SC. You need to work with them, not against them. If you are worried that your SC will do something that would hurt you in your dreams, that will hold you back in LD’s. Your SC is a part of you and only wants the best for you. sometimes it has some strange ideas of what is the best for you. That is why you have to work with it and teach it what you want sometimes. :grin:
don

I think that extreme frightness causes a fake pain, like placebo, you THINK you’ll be hurt because you belive in it so bad, and it causes this “pain”.

Slightly off-topic since it is not related to dreams, but…

I think I once saw a televison documentary or a newspaper article about an illness some baby had, causing it not having the ability to sense pain…

Think about it’s poor parents… Unless cured, it will not discover by it self what is harmful, and it will never for example have automatic reflexes such as removing it’s hands from a hot frying pan, and the parents will have to have all eyes on their baby until it is old enough to learn about these things by being taught/told by others.