Possible Holy Grail Technique

I’m afraid of two things happening to me when I try this.

1. I’ll not be able to sleep with the interview playing and I’ll be up for hours.
  2. If I try to start it after I’m sleeping it’ll wake me up.
    When my stereo turns on to play a cd that I set on the timer the clicking sound of the stereo turning on always wakes me up before the music even starts. I guess I’ll have to figure out another way although I’ll probably just have to try putting it on repeat and falling asleep to it.
    Now the problem of getting the sound at just the right volume…

Aydira why not use a timer (clock) then u can fall a sleep and an hour later or so it starts…that is what i will do.
I am going to make a record of my own for this for myself… :happy:

aydira:

I’m not sure if this is possible for you, but I actually put the interview on a CD, so I can play it without having to leave my PC on. It’s only the first 80 minutes, but that’s plenty. Also, you’d be supprised how fast one can get back to sleep when they wake up after 4 hours. Don’t set it playing when you first go to bed (you wont be able to hear it in deep sleep anyway) but rather when you wake up after 4 hours.

PhanthomSpectre:

I completely agree with LostBoy. This is exactly like using the NovaDreamer. Sure, it makes it easy to get lucid, but each time you do your mind will adjust a little more to the idea of becoming conscious while dreaming. After a while, it would probably be relatively easy to LD without it.

Thanks Atheist, that’s a great idea! I’m going to try in a few days once my mom hooks up the CD burner in my computer. :smile: For now I’m going to try it with music to test and see if I can hear it in my sleep. I’m all excited now. And besides even if there was some reason I didn’t go lucid, LaBerge is a really cool guy to listen to anyways.

I think I might toy with it myself.
Thats a good idea with the editor…
I could edit the loud parts out. The ones that keep me awake.

sorry, hab nicht genug webspace, die datei ist fast 10mb groß

I don’t know if anyone else has had this problem, but on the download site liked from the beginning of this topic I have had a hard time downloading the mp3. I can get most of the interview but once it reaches a certain point, the program won’t respond and I must shut it down.

My question is does anyone know an alternate download site?

Thanks for the help.

Use a manager like download accelerator to get the whole file.

About the file being too big for a CD, so you have never heard of MDLP, I believe you can get 5 hours on a single minidisc.

You ppl that don’t get sleep while the music plays, why not use WBTB? You could sleep 5-7 hours, then just put the tape/cd/minidisc rollin’ :wink:

I am personally planning the next: I will record something like “this is a dream”, in Finnish ofcourse, multiple times on a tape recorder. Then I sleep for like 6 hours, put my headphones on and the tape playing, then I will almost immediately fall asleep again and (maybe) have lucid dream(s) :smile:

Another thing to consider is the playback speed. I only know of Sonique player which has it built-in, and Winamp must have some plugin to change the speed of playback. I do not know how to measure tempo but it is easy to realise that the tempo of the interview is fully awake beta. Lowering the playback speed will make the voices sound different but it will lower the tempo, closer to that of sleep brainwaves.

[b] This topic now is locked and continued here in Part II: “Possible Holy Grail technique - Part II”
[/b]