Programming (Computer Geeks, Unite!!!!)

moved to lounge from gathering since it is more about programming than personal stuff :moogle:
Hi I am in the process of learning Python (a computer language) and I was wondering if anyone else out there is a programmer and maybe someone out there in the LD4all community actually knows Python

I’ve never heard of Python before. I might take Java and BASIC later in High School. Being a programmer interests me though.

DrFrankenstein shell:

[code]>this.getProgrammer();
true

_[/code]

I’ve messed with Python in the past, but I was horrible at it. I could barely get the built-in calculator function to work. :cry:

I messed with python a long while ago…I hardly remember it.
I would “mess” more now if I acutaly had my own functioning computer…glares at dead computer (Motherboard shorted out and also fried the cpu, not my fault! Unfortunately, I am just 1 part short of building my own comuter from scraps of old dead ones.)
I kinda like the hardware more than the software sometimes.

I’m now learning C++ in school, and took a visual basic class last year too.

[code]>ProgrammingLanguage lngs = this._programmerInterface.getLanguages();
{length=18}

for(int i=0;i<lngs.length();i++) lngs[i].name();
“MS-DOS Batch”
“BASIC (C=64)”
“QuickBasic/QBasic”
“Visual Basic”
“Power Soft Maker”
“C”
“C++”
“C#”
“Assembly (x86)”
“Assembly (IL)”
“Java”
“JavaScript/ECMAScript”
“mIRC Script”
“IBM ILE RPG IV”
“Brainf**k”
“Pseudocode”
“Pascal (read only)”
“Delphi (read only)”
_[/code]

class QuickReply{
public static void main(String[] args){
System.out.println(“I know basic Java. That’s pretty much it…”);
}
}

cout << “I know C, C++, PHP, some Python, some Ruby, some Perl, Javascript; understand Delphi (and, obviously, Pascal), and can make DOS batches, pseudocode and bake cakes” << endl;

Bruno, you forgot the STD:: :grin:

I know some C++, PHP, JS, AS, and very little Visual Basic.

I would realy like to know ASM. Seems quite useful.

I know quite a bit of C, The mechanics, how it works ect.
Since I mod alot of the games I own, editing the programming is something I enjoy doing too. My biggest project i’ve ever done is editing a Quake 3 game, Jedi academy into a FPS gunning type game, with lots of diffrent features. What I mean by that is new things in the game, example is Flashlights, adding certain effects for doing diffrent things(for example, shooting while moving will slow you down) Using animations to trigger diffrent events, this really helps with changing accuracy in weapons, so if you’re running, then the accuracy of the gun goes down. It’s these kind of things that aren’t Major C/C++ programming, but it helps me understand the basics and how code works (and it’s fun too)

Oh, by the way, I encourage anyone who wwants to learn the basic of programing and Specifically, simple algorithms and AI, to try and play With CoLoBot. Its the only game I know for programming, and works quite well.

Not if I set it as the default namespace :grin:

And, seriously, it’s a forum post, really. :razz:

That said, I always wanted to learn theory of artificial intelligence… I wanted to study Real Time Interactive Simulation for quite a while before I decided to go for Liberal Arts instead, and I’m still fascinated by the former. Does anyone know a good primer, or a good book I could learn from?

If you guys want a bit of challenge, here’s a site some guys on the chatroom and I are going to: https://www.projecteuler.net

Basically it’s some math/programming challenges to solve, find the answer making an app that runs as fast as possible.

I’m doing it in assembly, but as it’s getting harder and harder, I’m considering switching to C/C++.

print = hello world <------ Does that mean anything?!?

Yay, some more challenges!

I just reminded in an old joke from another site:

long time; //Know C?

:rofl:

Good one! :-p

[code]Function print As String
print = hello world 'Da infamous line.
End Function

Dim world As Integer = 1

Function hello As String (ByVal arg As Integer)
If arg = 1 Then
hello = “Hello World”
Else
hello = “Foo Bar” 'Randomness
End If
End Function

'Now it does.
[/code]

Don’t you need a & batween hello and world? (Sorry, I like to be picky)

And about your site… It seems quite fine. Can’t check the challenges right now, but atleast from their numbers and titles, they can’t be bad.

:confused:miles at this topic and remembers when computers went from DOS to Windows and how she is wearing glasses because of it all XD :

I know PHP HTML JAVA !!! and a bit o C++ xD

C:/DOS,
C:/DOS/RUN,
RUN/DOS/RUN!

Computer joke. :tongue: