Something dream researchers have concluded...

Only 5% of people dream in color. Just read this.

I don’t think it’s true, certainly everyone (or atleast more than 5 percent) dream in color!

Actually, I read that only 12% dream in black and white. This is probably much closer to the truth. I dream in color, just to say.

I dream in color. Where did you read this?

Yeah I thought the black and white dreams were rare. Perhaps those who do have been told that all dreams are in black and white and so they do, for that one reason.
Since dreams mimic our waking perceptions, black and white dreams don’t make that much sense.

I find that my dreams are neither in ‘colour’ nor ‘black & white’. What I believe they mean by having dreams in ‘colour’ is that you can recall specifically seeing objects/people/places in colour (seems obvious I know… but wait… there’s more :tongue:) And by ‘black & white’ they mean that you don’t recall any specific colours, only the events, people and places that took place.
Actually, the words “colour” and “black & white” are quite misleading when used in the ‘dreaming’ context.

um… did that make sense? :tongue:
BTW just my thoughts :wink:

what a load of rubbish! Those researchers probably never dream themselves! If I told myself often enough I would be blue in my dreams then yes, I probably would be. Dreams are such a great creation of our minds and souls and they are so unique to the individual, that’s what makes them so amazing! I think those dream researchers need to get out more to check their ‘results’ and dream more themselves!

Oh, um… just forget everything I said… Tundra said it so much better!
I completely agree with you Tundra :yes:

Check - Colour
Shatterspike1 - Colour
bodhibay - Colour
krakatoa - Colour (guessing by your post)
Snape - Is weird or broken :tongue:
Tundra - Colour (guessing by your post)
Mohegan - Colour

Wow… we must all be in that special 5% then. Not one person here so far seems to dream in black and white. I think that is myth busted.

Oh… Mohegan’s Dad - Black and White. Zomg they exists!

Both :grin:

Actually, I dream in Sepia :razz:
By the way, professional image alteration you have there, Mohegan :uh:

EVERYONE dreams in color, it’s simply a question wheather you brain can recall this. Some people can recall details as colors, some can’t. This could also be a question of vividity.

Oh, well uh… thanks for clearing that up for us MM :tongue:

well said guys well said :content:

yeh I agree with this , I don’t have that great a recall I can remember what happened but not too much detail so the people who answered the researchers study must have taken their not too vivid dream as black and white because their dreams are not detailed enough to see(or remember the) colours.

Rapouc

How interesting. Just yesterday, one of the polls on my Wii’s Everybody Votes Channel asked whether you dreamt in color or not.

I dream in color, but my parents dream in black&white.

For what I thought was going to be a post that irritated me, I’m actually now finding it interesting! (Sepia eh? Very posh!)
Mind you, i do still think Dream Researchers DO need to get their facts right… I mean, that’s their job isnt it? :neutral:

I am pretty sure that dreaming in color is more common then black and white.
Well, atleast I dream in color. :bored:

I’m pretty sure it’s the opposite. You can instead ask how many people dream really vivid and how many dream blurry.

it’s weird this came up. I remember a dream i had this morning, I remember the events, but I don’t remember what colour the guys clothes were when I ran from him (example), So who’s to say I dreamt in colour? I do believe that it’s how vivid you remember the dream. I mean, all my lucids so far have had colour in them, I remember the sky being a beatiful red, and the grass being green.

To confirm Mohegans guess, I do dream in color. Can’t remember ever dreaming in black and white.

I think it would be interesting to see a survey with some follow up questions. Like, are they interested in dreams? Do they pay attention to them? Have people always told them dream are in black and white? Do they believe it’s possible to dream in color? Questions like that.
I have a sneaking suspucion they might not be paying that much attention. Perhaps even guessing that they dream in black and white. Like, a whole bunch of them at least.

It could be a bit more then dream researchers getting their facts right. I know that I used to dream in black and white. That may have been caused by black and white TV’s. For years they were very common. Now days everyone has color TV’s.
It take a while before research gets from data collection to publication in scientific journals to publication in generally accessible places. Some of the research that people are reading could be very old.
Wither you dream in color or black and white is probably one of the things that depends a lot on what you expect. Movies and TV used to be in black and white, so people could have thought that dreams should also be in black and white. Just like now, most people don’t think that dreams are important, so lot’s of people think that they don’t dream, or just forget about the dreams that they have. There are some people here who said that when they were young they had LD’s, but then stopped. It was just not important enough for them, so they stopped remembering their dreams, and lost the lucid dreams.
Now days everything is in color, so everyone that is young enough to not remember the times when everything was in black and white, just expect everything to be in color, so dreams are also in color.
I also know that for some of my dreams, as time passes, then memory goes from color to black and white, but I know that lots of my dreams where in black and white. It was a lot like watching TV or going to the movies. I was in the places and doing the things that some of the actors did, and we were all black and white, just like on TV or in the movies.
don