The AP/OBE Journal

Welcome! This is the AP/OBE journal. Post any experiences you’ve had out-of-body here!

/me starts trying to remember his OBE from a long time ago.

Note: This is not for how to get out-of-body, but your experiences.
For information on how click here.

I’ve had a few AP’s over the past few months. Every time it starts similarly, somewhere between waking up, rolling over, falling asleep, and waking up again in a nap, I find myself paralyzed. For the record, SP is actually pretty cool feeling :tongue:
From there, it’s a battle of will power. Usually either I break free of the paralysis and move my physical body by mistake, thus waking me up fully. Sometimes I fall asleep into a dream (but somehow lose lucidity >.< ) But occasionally I’ll actually manage to move an astral arm or something. Once I get that (which is really tricky and highly resistive), I try to go for the whole thing.

Only twice have I had any degree of success, more than just being able to turn my astral head and look around independent of my real head or something.
The first time, I tried to lunge off the bed but only made it about a foot over and felt dragged back into my body, so (frustrated) I tried even harder and made it out, onto the floor. There was still a pull back to my body and I felt like I didn’t even have the strength to stand up. I was also having trouble seeing, as if I couldn’t keep my eyes open. Figuring it might all be linked to my body, I crawled with what strength I had, out the door and into the hallway. I felt the pull lighten a bit, but I still had no strength, so I continued crawling.
I got to the kitchen and used a counter to pull myself upright. Of course, this is where it got a little odd.
My vision was finally clearing up all the way, and I noticed everything was scrambled. As if I was dizzy, and spinning around still, seeing everything around me swirling. I tried to focus my vision on one thing at a time, but it still made little sense.
Noticing how weak my legs felt, I took a step back towards the room (where my body was). The step was really more like a collapse, but that’s ok. :tongue: I didn’t feel any pull, and only felt a slight pull as I crawled closer to the bed.
Finally, with whatever strength I had left, I hurled my astral body up on to the bed, kinda laying across my real body. I felt it sink in, but not merge immediately. After a second or 2 though, I opened my real eyes and had a HUGE headache, heart racing, and out of breath.
That all subsided quickly though.

The second time was quite a bit less painful, and a bit easier to move around and make sense of what I was seeing.

I realized afterwards, in the first one, I was actually seeing 360, I just couldn’t make sense of it, so it seemed like everything was scrambled.