The BIG FA topic

Sometimes I have those brief awakenings at night, and i feel myself immediatly drifting off to sleep.
Sometimes I feel vibrations… and I’ll try to WILD from that. I either fall asleep or get a couple of FA’s (which i realised later)

could it be that the whole WILD attempt and brief waking up is a FA?
Or only the brief waking up, and everything beyond that a FA?
weird!!

I’m going to try, when i wake up, not to move my body (it remains extremely tired then)… and try to stay awake, and after a while i may be dreaming a FA… i’m going to try this!

lol, false awakening is the shit~ :razz:
Once when i realized that i was dreaming, i woke up immideatley.
I started complaining loud, and woke my cousins who were sleeping on the floor (0.o). Then i explained that i had an LD but woke up, and then i woke up IRL…
FA’s are soo annoying xD

LOL ! :happy: Some people like FA’s, cause if they realize it’s a FA, their lucidity is better. But you have to make a RC each time you wake up… :ack: :bored:

Ever since i started the WBTB technique, i didn’t have any LD that doesn’t come directly from a FA… I’m not sure if this is a good thing… :bored:

But 50% of the time i wake up immediatly… :sad:

I almost always wake up immediately after becoming lucid or slightly after after trying to delay it with spinning etc. I read a week ago that most of the time it can be an FA that you awake in, so I was pretty bummed, I’m sure I missed out. I have to make a habit of RCing every time I wake up! Two nights ago I went lucid and woke up after fighting it, and RCed like 5 times because I did not want to miss out again. I believe that lucidity would be better, since FA’s are incredibly real for me. It’s like being awake and then blinking and being awake, but elsewhere!!

I had my first FA last night.

Also the first time an RC worked during a dream. The weird thing about it is that I haven’t even thought about trying to have an LD this week. I haven’t ever done RC or WILD or VILD or anything.

I realized how weird my dream was and said, “I’m just dreaming.” To all the weird DC there. I looked up and changed the gray sky to a bright blue one and thought,“This is awesome!” But I didn’t do anything else because I then ‘woke up’ and everything was normal. It was my bed, and my bedside table and my DD .I didn’t pick it up because I haven’t been using it lately- I know! I’m lazy.

I got dressed and went downstairs and went through the normal routine. I told my parents what happened, “Last night an RC actually worked! Isn’t that amazing?” They showed normal reactions, we were just sitting at the table, drinking coffee. And my stepdad was telling me about some book he read about lucid dreams (I believe it was The Art Of Dreaming by Carlos Castaneda, I found it a few minutes ago on his bookshelf- my stepdad’s really into religions and spirituality and dreams, so he has a bunch of dusty old books)

I never looked at the clock in the dining room, and I don’t have an alarm clock, so those RC s were out the window. And everything was just amazingly…normal.

My stepdad said something like,“Try to look at your hands next time…” I lifted my hand up and just before I saw it I woke up for real. :sad:

He talked about the same book when I woke up for real, total deja vu, and I was able to find it. I’m not sure how useful this book is, I didn’t see it mentioned on this site, but I’ll check again.

I think I need to take this stuff more seriously to get a longer LD. I’m going to write down my dreams and practice RCs whenever I wake up! Just to make sure I’m really awake.

I’m thinking about keeping The Art of Dreaming near my bed, so that when I wake up I can read a little each morning. I hope the words will be messed up in a dream. Or am I better off using a DJ as an RC ? Those other things, like holding your nose, I’m not sure how well they would work for me.

Seems that the only really useful he wrote in that boke was about looking at your hands in a dream as a kind of RC… but you already knew about that since you dreamed it!.. weird… :wow:

Yes, I find it very weird too. Did your stepdad talk you about this technique before? Did you read it on the forum? :eek:

Castaneda’s books are full of scarry things and my friends who have read them have had their best nightmares because of them… And so did I! :happy: So good luck if you read this book… :tongue:

The only things about dreaming which seems to have been verified are the tips about finding your hands in a dream in order to induce a LD, and stare at them from time to time in order to stabilize the LD. Other things have been tried by Castaneda’s readers, but without any success, as far I know.

Oh! I didn’t mean to creep people out. :tongue: I believe I’ve heard this before- the hand thing. Although I never knew Casteneda mentioned it in his book. I read a thread on here about what hands look like in dreams.

As for the Casteneda thing, my stepdad never said it was the only useful thing, but it was the only part he mentioned. And a lot of people, maybe everyone, have had dreams that come true later on, so it’s not a big deal.

No its not, just making some fun :smile:. Anyway, it might be the only thing he mentionned, but that was not by accident because it is generally seen as one of the few useful things from his book (besides that he writes nice fiction, but thats not helpfull to archive LD’s).

So far, whenever I become lucid in my dreams, I go about trying to do things in my dream, but I usually have this “blurriness” that hinders me; sometimes I can only see in a very narrow range of vision… then, I usually realize that I’m “awakening” and try to stay in my lucid-dream by rubbing my hands; it’s unsuccessful, and then I “awaken”. ¡But I never really “awaken”, it’s always a False-Awakening, and I don’t realize it!

Now this isn’t really a problem, it can actually be very good for me if I happens all the time, because then I can perform RC’s whenever I wake up, and whenever I have a false-awakening, I’ll become/continue to be lucid.

The problem is: ¡I always forget to perform Reality-Checks when I wake up!

¿Suggestions?

Zhervoskepet, I think the answer is simple really, you just have to create the habit of doing RC’s! Try this, next time you goto sleep, tell yourself that “whenever I wake up, I will perform a RC”. Repeat that a few minutes. Should work to turn all your FA’s into LD’s :smile:.

I use to be in the habbit of taking a RC everytime I woke up (and I’m getting back into it now).

It helps you to catch plenty of FA’s that you would have otherwise missed.

I was amazed at first - in a lot of my FA’s I would wake up in the middle of night and then start to go ‘back to sleep’ before remembering to take a RC… and learning that I was already a sleep :wink:.

Rats! I had a FA last night where I wrote a dream down in detail in my DJ, in nice neat handwriting with a nice sharp pencil. Unfortunately, I don’t have nice neat handwriting, and I use a pen to write in my DJ! So I lost most of that dream, other than the words “purple pee” which I scrawled this morning. (now that was weird! but did I realize it at the time? Nooo…)

LOL! too bad you lost it,it sounds like it was a very interesting dream. :grin:

man these FAs are getting out of control. I have really gotten alot better about having lucid dreams, now i just “wake up” all the time in the middle and then forget to do a RC when i could still be enjoying the lucids. Ah well, more RCs when i first wake up should correct that problem im guessin…

I’ve had two FAs so far, and they were both exactly the same: I woke up in my bedroom, and reached for my dream diary but instead of picking up my dream diary, I picked up a notebook filled with little pictures. I started looking through it, then I woke up.

However, they are always rather confusing because it feels like in the back of my mind I know I’m not fully awake, but instead of feeling like I’m dreaming I feel like I’m just half awake and imagining all of this. The first time this happened, I thought that both my LD and my FA were just my imagination and not dreams. I’m assuming that these were dreams and that I felt half awake because I was slightly lucid, but is there a possibilty that the whole thing could’ve just been my imagination…?

You mean like you didn’t dreamed but just imagine all this? It could be, but you did woke up after all this didn’t you?
So that would say that after your FA you really woke up. So it was all a dream.

I had a FA this morning, at least I think so. I don’t know for sure, because when I woke up I just sleep again. But the time was the same when I really woke up.
This is what I have all the time. Maybe the time goes slower than I think, or maybe I have a FA.

I do this sometimes too, but never thought of the possibility of it being a FA, I just figure my minds going way faster than time. Maybe it’s your subconscious using your biological clock to wake you up when you already believe you will.

Had a really tricky FA this morning… It all started with a real awakening; I looked at my clock to see what time it was (with the RC as a bonus! :-p) and figured I would try to WILD. Instead, I slipped into a ND which began almost exactly how my real awakening just happened! I was laying in bed, morningtime, feeling as if I had just woken up from trying to LD. But this time I reached for my laptop and for some reason was suring an online pharmacy website… hehehe… the selling point for this online pharmacy was “NO LINES!” which I remember was printed all over the webpage. So odd. But I digress. Anyway, after a few minutes of surfing the web I awoke and immediately did an RC by looking at my digital clock several times, expecting (hoping) that the numbers change or become illegible (they didn’t unfortunately).

I don’t even know if the laptop dream counts as an FA because it did not begin with a ND. The FA was the ND, if that makes any sense! Usually printed text is a really good DS for me, but what was on screen on my laptop seemed pretty stable so I thought nothing of it. Oh well!

Sleep well,