The Big "Hi, I'm New Here!" Topic - Part 40

Salut à tous !

I’m a Senior in high school and I’m just checking out this site on the recommendation of someone in my Psych class. Um, at first I thought lucid dreaming sounded kind of scary, because someone I knew told me about how he accidentally had a lucid dream when he was little, and as he was dreaming he was afraid he’d be stuck there. Haha, I know that’s not true, though, I’m ready to try ! :smile: I’ve thought about it for a while, too. After reading through a little of the forum I thought it all sounded much more complex and interesting than I thought before, and I wanted to join !

I’ve never actually had a lucid dream, but I’ve dreamt I had one…unless you guys would say this is a lucid dream. I’m not sure. Anyway, in my dream there was this one big metal pipe in front of me, and I « realized » I was dreaming and colored it with red stripes like a candy cane. :smile: The thing is, though, that I feel like I just dreamed I realized I was dreaming rather than actually realizing it. Does that make sense ? Haha. I think if I had actually had control I would have done something much less lame. :tongue:

I live in Eau Claire, WI for now, but on the 25th I will be starting a 6-month stay in France as an exchange student. Est-ce qu’il y a des francophones sur ce site ? J’aime beaucoup pratiquer mon français et en fait je le préfère beaucoup plus que l’anglais ! :tongue:

I hope to get to know y’all soon enough !

—Jean

Hehe, je viens de demander dans mon « post » s’il y avait des francophones ici…puis j’ai regardé les autres posts récents et te voilà. =P Quelle coïncidence !

Hmmm…après avoir lu les règles du forum je me demande si on ne voudra pas de français sur le forum, vu que ça empêche la communication avec les autres. =P On va voir !

Hehe, désolé, mon français n’est pas (encore) parfait. :tongue: D’ailleurs, je vais bientôt étudier à un lycée à Lagny-sur-Marne…est-ce que tu sais où ça se trouve ? :smile: Je ne sais pas si c’est bien connu…

Hello !
Indeed, I think this forum is English language only.
I suppose Lagny sur Marne is near Paris, but I hadn’t heard of it before.
Welcome ! I hope we’ll find here the answers to our questions, and I’m sure it will indeed happen.
Good luck !

:wave: hello Keegster, Laughing And Crying and JeanJPoirier :grin:

personal recommendations :yay:

the definition of a lucid dream is knowing you are dreaming while in the dream … control and vividness are two other factors
LD4all is an english only forum (if you wish to converse in french it’s best to do it through private messages) … but I believe that pasQuale is planning on launching a french version of LD4all

it’s great when past lurkers finally decide to register :yay:

Laughing And Crying … AP discussions can be found in our beyond dreaming forum :smile:

Ok, I posted some here.

Welcome Laughing and Crying :content:
LD4all is the best (but of course I just say that because I am here and everywhere else they would say that one is the best =p)

Welcome JeanJPoirier,
When looking at your DJ I noticed you were probably French since you used “Janvier” and now I notice you are trying to learn French.

I could actually read all the French you two said :happy: There used to be a french only topic in the playground, but it disappeared due to inactivity in it. (Every topic there disappears if there isn’t posted in it for a month)

Keegster, I noticed your work. I really liked the one you posted. Maybe I’ll comment later on it in depth, or maybe I just leave it with that. but I must say that I enjoyed listening to it.

I feel like I’m spamming up this topic now, but thanks! It’s always nice to know my work is enjoyed.

Anyway, so I feel less spaminating, welcome to all the other people who joined afterward, from one LD Rookie to another. I guess.

Thanks guys, I feel really welcome now :smile:

I have managed to borrow a book on lucid dreaming from my psychology teacher, so with that and this site, I feel I know where I am and what to do…after all there isn’t much information better than personal experiences.

Hiya to all fellow Lucid Dreamers,Id just like to say hi as I am a comlete newbie to the forum and pretty much to Lucid Dreaming.
I used to LD between the ages of 9 and 12 and then they just stopped.I didnt really know what they were back,but a few years back read an article on LDing and new that I had experienced them before,and on quite a regular basis.
I havnt had time to invest myself fully into getting back into LDing but am doing so now.
Iv got myself a couple of books and searched the net,where I found this site.

You all seem really cool, and from reading other threads can see you have a wealth of knowledge I can learn from.

Im looking forward to re-joining the LDing world.

:welcome: Jayster !
Don’t worry, getting back to lucid dreaming is usually way easier than trying it from start. Even more when you had them naturally. And yep, on Ld4all there are much people with knowingess and experience.

Good luck with rejoining to lucid dreaming ! :happy:

@down
about of nine months maybe ? Somehing about that, but before it I was interested in OoBE thingy

cheers,how long have you been lding 4

Hello! I’m new here. I never did a LD before, so I might be needing some help. I would LOVe to try to enter a LD (animal transfigurations!) but I’m a bit scared… I don’t know what happens when I start it. I tried it last night and felt like I was falling (although I was in bed. Does this happen?). I gave up and decided to ask some more questions here. See you around!

:welcome: welcome back to the LDing world Jayster

Hmmm… so hi. I am the lover of all things Nintendo and pears… yes. So anyway i didn’t know if I was going to join the forum, but then I had a Lucid Dream! on my 6th night after reading the guide! yay! I’ll post it here straight from my dream diary on my PC:

Yeah so that’s my first Lucid dream. Yay me.

Edit: lol oopsie :tongue: i just finished posting a new topic when i got a message saying "post in the “BIG Hi, I am new here!” topic "…

oh well… :tongue: [mod]So I moved it in that topic now :content: [/mod]

Yay you! insert overused :yay: smily Lucidity is awsome for me, and I suck at it. How great would it be If I actually tryed…? Anyway, my advice is if you find things like lucid living too difficult for your life (eg. I’m too lazy) try to casualy induce LD’s. Just know you’ll get them once in a while, think about them randomly, get a good nights rest, stuff like that. Anyway, here’s a bowl of lucidity cookies up for grabs! [size=75] I only had the motivation to eat a few…[/size]

Edit: Ooooh… I gots 100 posts…

< <

*Grabs a handful of cookies, runs out back door…

:colgate: . . . :cookiemon: . . . :obe:

Fair 'nuff.
Welcome.

Hi I’m new here and I just started training myself for LDs about 2 and 1/2 weeks ago so I have a lot of work still. In fact I’m in the mist of a WBTB right now! Wish me luck and I’m happy to be apart of the forum.

Welcome Jayster, :wave:
I hope you like it here and welcome back to the world of LDs. You probably remember how great they can be.

:welcome: Aquarys,
I’m sure a lot of people can give you the help you need. You can find a thread about transforming into an animalhere if you’re interested :content:

Welcome Marioman64 :handshake:
Congratulations with your first Lucid Dream. It is good to see that it made you join this forum. It is a really nice one :grin:

Welcome FishtankHank :cool:
I moved your topic into this big thread as well. Good luck with LDing and let us know if your WBTB was successful :wink:

:wave: hello Aquarys, I didn’t spot your post last night :look:
There is a topic about morphing into an animal LD4all Quest #2: Overtone Moon: Transform into an animal

:wave: Marioman64,
:yay: congrats on your first lucid dream! :yay:

:wave: FishtankHank
good luck with your WBTB :thumbs:

Welcome to LD4all :grouphug: I am sure you will all enjoy your time spent here ;boogie:

Next part continues here