The Big "Hi, I'm New Here!" Topic - Part 43

Hello everyone,

I am a 20-year-old from upstate New York. I read about lucid dreaming a while ago, and it seemed really interesting to me, but I didn’t go much further into it, until a wikibook on LD pointed me here. In any case, my dream recollections have been improving recently, so I would like to try to achieve lucid dreaming myself. I’m on summer vacation, so my sleep schedule is flexible so i figured it was a good time to start.

Wish me luck!

-Steve :smile:

:welcome: hello Steve :smile:
… and good luck :thumbs:
will you be starting a dream diary in our dream diary forum? :happy:

Hi!
My name is Battleguard and I have been lurking these forums for a while, well 2/3 days infact, but still! I’ve started a dream diary in RL 2 days ago. I can tell that I’m not very good at it yet though.

Nice to meet you all!

:wave: hello Battleguard, I’m glad you didn’t remain in lurker land for too long :wink:
BTW when i read my first DJ posts now I feel :peek: at how poorly formatted they are … but the good thing about keeping a DJ is that the dreams are there to keep … they will never be lost :yay:

Hello, I’m Emily and I’m new here.
A few years ago, I read a book in which the main character is interested in lucid dreams. It wasn’t a particularly good book, but the LD part stayed with me for awhile. I kind of forgot about it then until yesterday when a friend recommended the movie Waking Life to me. I haven’t gotten around to renting it yet, but I’ve watched clips on youtube and suddenly became interested again. So here I am! From what I’ve seen, this seems like a great site.

Hello Emily and welcome :wave:
This site is awesome! Its got tons of info and the people are really friendly too. I also first found out about LDing by reading a novel where the main character could LD. Good luck with your LDing :smile:

Thank you very much!
Which novel did you read?

:smile: I think it was called dreamrider or something to that effect. And yours?

Kissing Kate. Not a very memorable book, but it definitely introducted me to a memorable topic!

:wave: hello emilyplane :hugs:
Once you have watched Waking Life … there is a topic about it in the Lucidity Centrestage forum … there may even be a mention of the book that you read somewhere in that forum :wink:

Thank you, I think I’ll go there and see what others have to say about it.
People here seem very friendly!

Hello. I’m new here! :smile:

Wow, boring post. I don’t like making boring topics.

Be aware this is the only topic without, erm, ‘substance’, I will make.

Hello! I am a new member here and hope to learn lots about the wonderful world of dreaming! :grin: I’ve already lucid dreamt however I wish to learn more about it and how it is embraced in different culture etc… I’m sure I will learn a lot from all of the current members and I hope that I will be able to appreciate my lucid dreams even more, develop them and one day have a proper Out of Body Experience…

Mind you, I only wanted to say hi though!! :tongue:

See you later! :wiske:

Welcome to LD4all check :wave:

I hope you will like it here ^^

Welcome Tundra
There is the BIG OBE topic in Beyond Dreaming, you might want to check that one out. Furthermore I wish you good luck with getting more lucid dreams and if you have any questions feel free to ask them.

I´m new here.
Do i have to say anything else?

:smile: Nope. :welcome: lucid

hi, just had my first ld last night and went on the web to research. what a great resource this is. thanks!

already screwed up. this was supposed to be a post in the “new here” topic not a new topic. oops.

:wave: hello check, Tundra, lucid and fourtoone :smile:

:yay: it’s good to see so many new people joining :happy:

it was no problem to move your posts into the official topic fortoone :wink:

edit

congrats on your LD :yay: … we have a big My First LD collection in the dream diary (you may like to post your LD there)

[mod]This topic is now locked The introductions continue in The Big “Hi, I’m New Here!” Topic - Part XLIV :moogle: [/mod]