The Big "Hi, I'm New Here!" Topic - Part 43

This is Part 43 of the big “Hi I’m New Here” topic. The previous part can be found here. All links to previous parts including the “shake hands” topics can be found in this post.
Keeping all the intros in one topic prevents us from having thousands of individual “hello, I’m New” topics and keeps the forum from getting cluttered up. :content: Anyone is welcome to post here :user: , new and old members. So don’t be shy :peek: , we don’t bite :wolfbite: .

Hey everyone, I’ve been a visitor to this site for several months now, but I’ve just recently (last night actually) signed up for the forums here.

Obviously, I’m a wanna-be lucid dreamer. I say “wanna-be” simply because I have been trying for a long time to do so, but I have not had a single lucid dream to date. I’ve recently restarted writing my dreams in my online dream journal on Dreams Box.com and I do my best to do reality checks throughout the day (although I really need to improve on doing these). I can remember my dreams pretty well usually too.

But in all this time that I’ve tried, as I’ve said, I’ve yet to have one. There have been a few times I’ve come close since I started, but not quite.

I’m starting to believe that maybe I’m just not capable of it. Hoping this isn’t true, does anyone have any tips I can use?

As it seems to be a common habit to introduce yourself upon entering the forums I, too, decided to do so…
I am 18, and value dreams over everything, so LD’s are not new to me, I have now worked with them two years, after which i kept a year-long pause before trying again. Which, in fact, is now
I, however, have not registered to any forum before this. And I must say, even though humans can be rude, insulting and everything beyond, folks here seem to be real friendly towards each other. That being said, I hope we get along.
And, of course, hello to every fellow dreamer out there reading this.

Everyone is capable of having lucid dreams, you just need to believe you can. Don’t loose hope. For tips: Do alot of RC’s, ask if your dreaming, count your fingers, look at your hands, etc.

You don’t mention doing any induction techniques. If that means you don’t do them, you might want to look into that.

Thanks for the pm of your dream maureen :content: it really does sound like an astral experience to me.
:welcome: hello The Slave, welcome to LD4all :grouphug:

well, if you want a friendly crowd you definitely chose the right forum :thumbs: I’m sure you will make some great friends here :yay:

:wave: hello JustinMullins
there are lots of tips and info all over the forum. have you read the choosing your technique topic yet in the quest forum? It’s a sticky topic and will point out the probable best method for you :thumbs:

Yes, let us hope so and I think so, too. After all, we are all after the same thing.

Hi, I’m new here! :smile:

Hello there joshua1990!

Well since you didnt provide us so much information i guess theres nothing else to say :meh:

Ok, some information :wink:

As You see, I’m 17. I’ve worked with LD’s, OBE’s, and dreams for about one year, so it’s nothing new for me. Unfortunately I haven’t got many achievments in this sphere yet, but i hope this will change soon :smile: I had some AP’s and LD’s and most of them came with WBTB technique.
Also I want to say that my english could be sometimes quite incorrect, sorry in advance. :smile:

:wave: hello joshua :happy:
your english seems good enough to me and I’m a native speaker :thumbs: so don’t be afraid of posting :smile:

Hi I’m new here…I’m in my teens and I used to have a lot of lucid dreams when I was around 8 and 9 years old. At the time I didn’t know what they were but I thought “ok whatever” :tongue: Ever since I found out what they were I have been trying to have them again.

Welcome Nessa! :welcome: Glad to see a natural lucid dreamer join our ranks here on LD4all. Hopefully the information on this site will help you get your conscious dreaming mojo back. We all get dry spells sometimes.

Hiya everybody.

My real name is Frank, I’m 23 years and I live in The Netherlands where I study Psychology at the Erasmus University.

Despite my efforts far nearly a freaking year now, I haven’t gotten lucid yet. But my dreamrecall is very good and I’m real motivated to get it, so I guess it’ll be a matter of time.

Anyways, I’m glad I’m meeting more and more people in RL who share the same interest in LD (they also recommended me to come here). I think I’ll enjoy this board. I definately loved the article from Frederik van Eeden that I read here.

Hello Maruta! :welcome:

I hope you will get lucid soon. I personally recommend the hypnosis mp3’s out there at the forum.

I haven’t looked for those. Think I’ll give it a try. :smile:

yo, i"m new here so I’ll keep it short
really want my first LD. been trying for 11 days. can’t even remember normal dreams. Started DJ but it’s not helping.

any ideas

:wave: hello Nessa, Maruta and horsepower60 :grin:
Nessa, as Genkai said, you will soon get your lucid ability back :thumbs: it might be a good idea to read the choosing your technique topic in the quest forum (it’s a sticky topic near the top) so you can decide what tech would probably work best for you :smile:

Maruta :happy: I’ve already noticed your posts elsewhere on the forum :yay: it’s good to see newer people becoming active posters :boogie:

first of all it’s really important to get that basic dream recall up … since it is useless to have a LD and not be able to remember it :cry:
so make notes of anything you remember from your dreams every morning no matter how insignificent it seems. It will get you into the habit of jotting it down. Also lying in bed for a few minutes and trying to recall dreams is good practice … if you jump out of bed right away … the dreams will probably jump out of your head too :wink:
Then once your recall has improved a bit, start using MILD or WILD with WBTB :thumbs:

hey all, i’m new.i have only had a few lucid dreams before, and i have never been able to enjoy one because when ever i saw “oh, this is a dream” i hear a bunch of people shouting “yes!” and then i wake up. kinda wierd. anyways im hoping i can havesome that i will actually stay asleep for :smile:

Thank you For the Advice, Moogle

Hi Im new here! My real name is Tamlyn and Im 14. Ive been trying to Lucid Dream for 6-7 months now and ive had about 5 low lucid dreams this was the first lucid dreaming site I checked out when i first got into lucid dreaming so I thought its about time I joined! So Hi everyone :smile: