The Big "Hi, I'm New Here!" Topic - Part 44

Hi, I’m new here!

I like vampires! :bat:

:welcome: patarak

if you like vampires you should definitely play Vampire Game!

yay!

Nifty to find this forum. Thanks to the creators, and hello to all of you.

I’ve been interested in dreams forever. It started out as a deconstruction and analysis of all my dreams, and then budded into wanting to control them. I tried this late last year with some success. My first LD was all of two seconds. I became lucid, the world becam razor-sharp and vibrant, and I had just enough time for the awareness of the LD to set in before I woke myself up with the excitement of it all.

The next was maybe 10 seconds, and I woke myself up the minute I made anything happen.

Then, for some reason, I have lost it. No lucid dreams in over a half year. I wonder if it’s something I might be doing wrong, or if these lapses occur?

Anyway, I hope to get something out of reading the forum, and I’ll try to contribute when I’ve got something worthy to share.

Nice to meet you all!

This is the obligatory intro post.

:wave:

My name is Matt, I’m 22 and I live in Oklahoma. I’ve been having lucid dreams since I was around 14 years old. I am very proficient at controlling them and I am a very frequent dreamer so I get a lot of practice. Dreaming is something I hold very dear as it’s one of the most amazing things I experience in life.

I’m about to go to sleep at the moment so I’m sure we’ll talk more later!

:cool:

:welcome: hello Patarak :bat: , machei and polyzelf :grouphug:

/me thinks Patarak may become out next vampgame and wolfgame addict :content:
a side effect of playing is that you could get more vampire dreams :wink:

The early LDs are often prematurely ended due to excitement … but they do get longer and more stable with experience.
Dry spells do occur, the important thing is to remember everytime you go to sleep that it is a new opportunity to become lucid :thumbs: What technique were you using? And did you use WBTB too … using WBTB really increases the chance of getting a long LD :content:

hello polyzelf, since you are an experienced LDer you may enjoy our lucid adventures forum and esprecially our current quest … ~ Quest for this Moon: Enter a videogame ~

Alright, I’ve known about lucid dreaming for, oh… two years now, and have been working on it half-assedly during that time. I’ve had a little success, but believe me, I want to be better at it! I know I can be, too, as although I haven’t had many lucids, a few of them were REALLY intense and memorable. I know what I’m capable of; I’m just running into some problems… That’s why I’m here!

I’ve been a member of DreamViews, under the name Richter, but quite honestly, I think the masters there are getting a bit sick of me asking the same questions over and over! I’ll still be a member, but my role will become more of a “lucid helper”. I may not be good at LDing, but I know TONS about it.

So, hi all, and glad to be here. I hope I can help some would-be LDers around, and hopefully I can get some help and finally LD and recall dreams as much as I’d like to!

I do try to remember that. And yeah, I try to get in the right headspace as much as I’m able. I recall the dreams all the time, and afterward I can see places where I’d have had a perfect opportunity for an ‘aha!’ moment, but for some reason I don’t clue in. For example last night I dreamt among other things that I was looking at a menu above a counter. If I’d looked at it more than once, I would have certainly noticed the words were wrong, but I just didn’t. It’s sorta frustrating… even when I know what I need to do, I don’t do it. :smile: But, I will keep at it. I want to have more, and longer.

Up to now, I’ve been using MILD and DILD pretty much exclusively. I find that looking at words or numbers is the best way so far… it’s how I’ve initiated both LDs I’ve had. So I do reality checks as much as I can.

WBTB is something I do without even trying. I’m susally up once in the night, and I use that time when falling back to sleep to try to talk my way into a LD, but it’s never worked.

I guess I just need to keep at it.

Thanks for your reply!

m.

:welcome: hello Kulbara, welcome to LD4all :grin:

I hope you post a few in our dream diary forum … there is also a sticky topic in there called Sticky: Do You Have the Most Interesting LD? for which you may have a suitable LD :smile:

I hope you enjoy being a member of this forum :grin:

New Vampire Game member has arrived.
Welcome. :bat:

Hello everyone. I have a quite strange history at LD4all, I must say. But I can conclude it as that I have been very active on the Dutch LD4all quite a while ago, but that I stopped going there because it was so inactive. I also tried the French one, but it was too hard for me to enjoy it. Now I will trie to settle at the English one, since it is both active and in a understandable language for me. I started with the wolfgame by the way, but now I’m trying to approach other boards too.

My lucid dreaming had been very changing. There were times I remembered tons of dreams, but lately I haven’t remembered one, because I kept going to bed too late. I really miss dreams, I desire them more then anything else on the whole world. Now though, I only have to wait two days now, and then my vacation will begin. That wil be a gold mine.

Hi everybody. New here, just thought I’d introduce myself.

I’m 43 years old, and had my first lucid dream about eight to ten years ago, not too long after seeing a program on television about the subject. My very first LD was by far the longest and most intense one I’ve ever had, though a couple of others have come close. I was so much in control, that I was able to stop and think about what the actual date was, guess the time of night, and even guess what position my body was lying in while still remaining 100% in the dream. The entire thing lasted for a good 10 minutes or more, and I found I could do almost anything I could think of.

It was a long time until I had my second, and several years before there was any kind of regularity at all. Now I typically LD about once a week, though it is usually no longer than 30 seconds. Only occasionally do I get a really deep and lasting one, maybe up to 5 minutes or so if I’m lucky.

I’ve talked to many friends and family members about it, but hadn’t really thought that there might be a community out there somewhere where people exchange ideas and experiences. So here I am. You guys seem friendly enough so far. :smile:

Jamie

:wave: hello Moinsquerien (or should I say Potan :wink: ) … it seems odd welcoming you since I know you well from WG 28 :wolf:

and then you will get lots of wolfgame dreams :yes:

:welcome: hello skysaw :happy:

have you more details? it would be good if you could post it into our “My First LD Collection” in the dream diary forum. :thumbs:

Are they entered into from waking? or do you become lucid in the dream itself? There are ways to stabilise the dream … rubbing your hands together, using commands, focusing on the texture of something etc
/me spots your age and spams the Are you 30 years or older topic :hyper: (there is a link in my signature :happy: )

Done!

I usually enter them from within dreams, most often by noticing something is not behaving properly. I only recently learned about hand-rubbing, and have so far used it once with great success!

Link followed and taken advantage of. :smile:

Hey everyone, im new in the LD4all forums, just thought i would introduce myself…

Im Fleep (Phil) and im 16 from the UK.

I found out about LD’ing by browsing the internet (i can’t remember it exactly - it will become obvious that i have the memory of a cheese sandwich! :eh: ) and this was the first site i found on LD’ing.
I found it really interesting and i think i have become obsessed! :content: Dreams are really interesting and i would love to LD it sounds so fun and exciting!

Look forward to chatting to everyone about LD’ing, im so glad i found this site :grin:

Fleep

Hi everybody, I’m also new here as you can see and I’m from sweden, yay. So my english might not be all perfect :smile:

The reason i found this forum was that I was googling around after some help for a slight problem that I’ve got.

I’m suffering from something I believe is called SP, Sleep Paralysis?
Sometimes when i go to sleep i kinda wake up in the middle of the night (I think), in my bed. However, there are some strange noises and it feels like something or somebody’s watching me and it feels like forces pulling me in every direction. Hard to explain. I also hear strange noises like whisperings, footsteps running, babies crying and other strange things. The worst thing is that I can’t move and i can’t scream or anything. This can be quite scary sometimes and it’s really hard to wake up from it aswell. I have to close my eyes and start shaking my head really hard and say to myself, “WAKE UP”.

Does anyone know what this is and how do I get rid of this nightmares or whatever it is? Please give me some good advice.

Johnny

:welcome: hello Fleep and jompa99 :grin:
I’m glad LDing caught your interest Fleep :content: … but before starting to use LDing techs you should improve your general dream recall first :yes: so i recommend that you start keeping a dream journal :smile: to record your dreams … I know it sounds boring but remembering weird normal dreams can be fun :smile:
I can’t wait until you post to tell us all about your first LD :hyper:

jompa99, there is an extensive topic about SP in the stuff forum Sticky: The BIG sleep paralysis and old hag topic Part III … as you can see there are two previous topics too. So you will find a lot of information there :thumbs:

the worse thing is the fear! you just have to realise that none of it is real and it will pass … it might even be possible to re-enter a dream lucidly from this state.

Hello all,

I am new here and I just wanted to say hello to all of you amazing souls.

I had my very first LD yesterday afternoon. It was amazing. I used the MILD technique and it actually worked. giggle

Wow…so here’s to many more adventures!!

Hello, all,

I’ve been dabbling in hypnosis and other stuff related to altered states of consciousness for a few years now and thought it was about time to work seriously on lucid dreaming, since I’ve tried before but never quite passed the pre-lucid phase. As a writer, I’m hoping LD could help me see my creations in a new way …

Sadly, I’ve had trouble getting to sleep for a long time, which is one of the reasons I took up meditation in the first place, then learned about hypnosis and LD. My sleep isn’t usually sound, and gets interrupted throughout the night even with nothing wrong in the room (light, noise, etc.) There’s no medical condition to explain it, it’s just a matter of not being able to stop thinking.

Making it all the way to lucidty may be a challenge, so I’ve joined this community. I’m hoping that becoming active at LD4All will make some kind of subconscious impression so I become more likely to realize I’m dreaming. I find that I’m relatively good at remembering my dreams after a day or three of trying, so that’s one advantage. I already have a journal I keep, so I just need to remember to write down dreams in it.

Thanks for having me!

:welcome: Sharpe!

Hypnosis is a good thing for LD’s, in my opinion.