The Big "Hi, I'm New Here!" Topic - Part 48

Hi Chessdude congratulations !

Wee!

I’m new to the forum but not to lucid dreaming. I suffered from rather terrible HSP as a child and teenager, and discovered LD rather accidentally in high school. It wasn’t until I was in college that I learned that HSP and LD weren’t unique to me! So when I was in college I worked at it quite a bit and had lots of lucid dreams. I eventually gave it up because I was having what I guess could be called “difficult SP” problems.

Recently (I’m 30 now) I’d been thinking of getting back into it, and just by chance stumbled on a link that led me here. Quite a coincidence, so I guess I’ll take advantage of it! So… uh… hi!

:welcome: Turin!
good luck with LDing :happy:

:welcome: hello turin welcome to the LD4all community :grouphug:
We have a big Old Hag and SP topic in the stuff forum and a Big SP as a gateway to WILD in the pathways forum :happy: … you may want to post in one of them :eh:

I hope you stay around and make yourself at home :smile:

ooo and don’t forget to post in the Are you 30 years or older topic :wink: … the link is in my signature :happy:

I hope this isn’t considering “useless spamming,” but I’ve been a member a bazillion forums of various sorts and “very active” in probably a dozen… and that was the most proactive and friendly greeting I’ve ever received! Thanks!

:welcome: Turin to ld4all!

I am glad that you have found us and I hope you will have a wonderful experience here.

Hello everyone,

I’ve been interested in lucid dreams for quite a while now and I started trying techiques after reading the (excellent) book “Exploring the World of Lucid Dreaming”. A few months ago, however, I was introduced to LD4all by a friend and I was astonished by the quality and quantity of information I could find in this website. It is the ideal starting point for lucid dreams.

After a while, we started thinking about a greek translation, so that many more greek people, that do not feel comfortable reading in english, can be introduced to the LD world of endless possibilities.

I am very happy that our idea is finally realized and I’m also very happy to, finally, be a part of this huge and very warm LD community!

Welcome spinnet! :hugs: glad to see you here! :happy:

hey turin ., nice to see one of the more mature generation here too (that coming from someone age -6 :razz: ) :woo:

Also a big HORAAY to spinnet :cool:

:wave: hello spinnet
It’s brilliant that there is a greek LDing forum now with the LD4all guide in Greek on the main page :yay:
I hope you still visit the english forum :happy:

:welcome: Spinnet! yes check out our greek forum as well as our english one. I hope you have a wonderful time here and make new friends!

/me truits kT4all :truit:

@Turin … your post made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside :smile:

Hey everyone! My names William

I Found out about Lucid Dreaming “Accidently” When i had this weird dream and i just randomly decided to go on the Google (What would life be without google)
and search “Dream Meanings” and it said soemthing about “Lucid Dreaming” so i clicked it and well now its one of my favorite things to do, Although i have only been introduced with Lucid Dreaming for about 2 weeks now. I am so interested in it and im so Fasinated that i wanna become a Lucid Dreamer.

So By joining this forum i hope to Lean much mroe about Lucid Dreaming, Meet new people and of course Become a lucid dreamer

PS: If anyone wnats to find out more about me please PM me[spoiler][left][center][/center][/left][/spoiler]

Welcome Bilzo! Well you have found just the right place to help you learn lucid dreams! good luck!

:welcome: Bilzo! I’m glad you found us! I hope you a wonderful time here on the forums.

Hello to everyone :smile:

First time here, have been interested in lucid dreaming for a long time now, not very much success, but i am practising it now hopefully more success. I am also very much into meditation.

:wave: hello Bilzo- and adrazz I hope you both enjoy your time at LD4all :happy:

were you slightly lucid in it? or did you just come across lucid dreams while reading about normal ones?
By the way you can post normal dreams in the stuff forum if you want some feed back/interpretations on them … we also have a dream journal forum where you can make your own personal topic to post your dreams (lucid and normal) :smile:

have you had a lucid dream yet?
good luck with your lucid quest :thumbs:
[edit] ooo :eh: /me spots the age in adrazz’s profile and spams the 30 years or older topic again :yay: [/edit]

/me sends lucid vibes to both of you :content:

Greetings everyone!

Hello People,

I just happened on your web dream community while performing some searching on electromagnetic theories of consciousness, something I had speculated about for decades (McFadden link). I have not yet bothered to read any of the considerable resources on this site or peruse forum activity but will try and spend some time later indoctrinating myself. My own interest stems from the fact my own experience with dreaming has always been radically different from what is reported from others by researchers. Years ago I did contact a dream research scientist that said there are others like me so at least I know I am not alone and indeed some of you here may be like me.

My experience has always been that I always dream every moment I am asleep except for when under alchohol or like drugs. And that includes even momentary cat napping episodes like momentarily nodding off while reading a boring book, watching tv while sleepy, or driving while overly tired and scarily nodding off an instant. On most nights I usually wake up several times and always have just been dreaming. My dream life is very rich but because of my rational scientific orientation does not get too strange. Well it was rather fantasy like when I was 5 years old haha. And I am sometimes lucidly aware at times I am dreaming and guide myself a bit. For instance great experience if I’m in a powder skiing dream. -David

:wave: hello David_777 welcome to the forum :happy:

Have you considered it may just feel like that due to having good dream recall?
I know it is possible to dream during NREM so dreamtime could be extended… but actually just continuously dreaming sounds very unlikely in my opinion.

I hope you share some of your dreams with us in the dream journal forum :content: and that you enjoy being a member of the LD4all community :grouphug:

and…
[size=150]Happy Birthday adrazz[/size]