The Big "Hi, I'm New Here!" Topic - Part 48

This is Part 48 of the big “Hi I’m New Here” topic. The previous part can be found here. All links to previous parts including the “shake hands” topics can be found in this post.
Keeping all the intros in one topic prevents us from having thousands of individual “hello, I’m New” topics and keeps the forum from getting cluttered up. :content: Anyone is welcome to post here :user: , new and old members. So don’t be shy :peek: , we don’t bite :wolfbite: .
(please remember to not carry on long chatspeak conversations in here, we have a wonderful private message system, chatroom and playground for that :thumbs: )

Hey, I’m new here, I just learned about the whole concept of “lucid dreaming”. I’ve been having pretty vivid dreams lately, and just thought that the whole idea of being able to control these amazing dreams would be awesome.

Hey Chessdude :smile:
Welcome to ld4all, perhaps we should play chess sometime ^ ^ i need a challenge

:welcome: to LD4all Chessdude!!!

We will help you in your adventure in the lucid dreaming world and hopefully you will achieve one soon. Have a good one on our forum.

Hey, thanks everyone.

I can’t believe it, but I actually just achieved a lucid dream. I just focused all my thoughts on it, and it just happened. It faded within an hour, but I can still remember it clearly, and managed to fufill the current quest (making music) in it.

WOOHOO!!! :happy:

:welcome: Chessdude, welcome to the LD4all community
:yay: we helped to make you lucid :yay:
link to Chessdude’s DJ

:yay: I predicted the future! (not really) Great Job on your success chessdude!

:wave: welcome chessdude , i hope you make good progress in the future too !!
greets , Sakoda

Hello, im a filmmaker from New Zealand, I must say this is one of the most intresting websites I’ve come across. I’ve been practicing LD for a bit, but yet to have one :cry:

Hi guys I just joined too. Im also a New Zealander like the chap Irwins above me :content:

I became interested in LD after experiencing one for the first time a few years back. It was pretty intense, at first I was having fun and doing whatever I wanted. After a while though I became worried that I wasn’t going to wake up, try as I might. There was a point where I became convinced that I had died and that was the after life! Eventually though the dream faded back into reality.

Every now and then I have a lucid dream, but they either fade away fairly quickly once I realise its a dream, or they don’t last for long. My first was the longest Ive had.

I became lucid last night (after reading through this website and putting it into practice), if only for a little bit but I remember it well. I also remember alot of the dreams I had to, and after reading through this site I think that must mean Im on the right track to being a pro :woo:

A few times Ive had those “old hag” experiences after a failed WILD. I must say they are quite horrible. Only once did I see a figure approaching. The other 2 times I would be paralysed and hear a freaky ass noise coming from the other side of the room out of view, like something was opening and closing its mouth, while it was dripping with saliva (kinda hard to explain).

Anyway I look forward to being part of this community and having more LD’s!

:boogie: New Zealand is invading the forum :smile:
:wave: hello irwins and Machiaveli welcome to LD4all :hyper:

it takes different people different amounts of time to experience a LD but you will get one and it will be worth the time spent practicing :happy:
Have you read the choosing your tech topic in the knowledge base … it can help you to decide which method will probably work the best for you. There is also a topic with links to all known techniques in there too :content:

Machiaveli, we have a “My first LD Collection” sticky topic in our dream journal forum, you may like to post what you remember from your first LD into it :happy:
The big thing to remember about SP is that anything you see/hear is just coming from your sub conscious and there is nothing to fear :scared:

i recall 3-4 of my dreams every night.and i really know what my dream is.but still i cant have lucid dream.can someone please help me.and before i sleep im saying to myslef “remember you dreams”. what else am i missing. help please. i also have a dream journal where i wrote all my dreams.

:welcome: hello johnyoon welcome to LD4all :grouphug:
it’s great that your dream recall is very good and that you now know some of your main dream signs. But in order to become lucid you should also be saying “I will know I am dreaming when …” and add the dream sign. Also doing reality checks when you see something that happens in your dreams quite a lot will work too.

good luck :thumbs: I’m sure you will become lucid soon :smile:

:welcome: to LD4all johnyoon, irwins, and Machiaveli!!!

I hope you find what is on this forum useful and helpful to you and that you have a great time here!

Thanks for the warm welcome guys! :content:

I’m loving this place so far.

A huge thunderstorm just started outside right in time for bed :cool: Cant wait to see what the dream world brings me tonight

Thanks a lot for the welcome as well guys! :grin:

hmm, well lets see HI IM NEW HERE!!!

thats about all, lol

hey machiaveli jony coxmaster & irwins , hope you enjoy your stay :woo: :woo: :woo:
greets Sakoda, forums Harlequin and crazy story teller :tongue:

:welcome: to ld4all coxmaster!!!

finally you joined

Welcome everybody, enjoy your stay :smile: and for gods sake, get an avatar :razz: