The Big "Hi, I'm New Here!" Topic - Part 47

This is Part 47 of the big “Hi I’m New Here” topic. The previous part can be found here. All links to previous parts including the “shake hands” topics can be found in this post.
Keeping all the intros in one topic prevents us from having thousands of individual “hello, I’m New” topics and keeps the forum from getting cluttered up. :content: Anyone is welcome to post here :user: , new and old members. So don’t be shy :peek: , we don’t bite :wolfbite: .
(please remember to not carry on long chatspeak conversations in here, we have a wonderful private message system, chatroom and playground for that :thumbs: )

Hey I’m thegreatkhan,
I’ve been reading LD4all for a while now and I decided to join the forums, this seems like the kind of environment that I want to be a part of and contribute to. Looks like a place with a lot of nice people. Just droppin’ in to say hi!

:welcome: hello thegreatkhan, I read your post about your first LD (LINK) last night :smile:
I hope you share your second LD with us too, you can even start your own personal DJ topic in the DJ forum :happy:
The good thing about registering at the forum is that now more subforums are available for you to browse through :smile: Some of the dream journals are really inspiring

Hey everybody, im new here. been browsing these forums for a few days now, ever since i found out about lucid dreams last week :smile: this seems like a cool place to meet LD’ers and learn how to LD :happy:

You will find none other like it :happy: welcome

Hey i’m the gadjit
and i’ve been studying lucid dreaming for the past few months.

Hi, I’m new here too. Not new to LDs but haven’t spent much time in recent years on dreaming or anything but survival.

I’m 43 years old. I spent most of my adult life as a single mom but both of my kids are in college now and suddenly I have time for me again. How strange. I’ve missed me and I’m glad to have me back.

As a child and even into my adult life I have had vivid and often prophetic dreams. On occasion I’ve had lucid dreams. I always felt very connected to the spirit world and my dreams were a manifestation of that. However, the last 10 years or so I went through some extreme trauma and lost faith in myself, humanity, dreams, spirit, life… It has truly been my dark night of the soul. I don’t know if it’s done yet but suddenly, I feel like myself again. Not 100 percent but I do feel like my old self is returning to me.

My dreams feel lighter again too and my recall is better than it has been in a while. I actually enjoy dreaming again.

I’ve been browsing the forum for a few days and I’ve enjoyed getting to know some of you a little and I thought it was only fair that I introduced myself.

Hi Everyone I’m Rhonda

PS, Is there a section somewhere for dumb questions about how to use the forum? I figured out how to put up an avatar but have other dumb questions.

Lots of new memebers :smile:
Hello miriamv1, Civet, thegreatkhan, spikyc, The_Gadjit and RhondaNicole :wave:

I’m not sure where you would post to ask questions like that, but there is an FAQ page Here that has some useful information on how to do different things on the forum. That is where I would start personally. :smile:

Welcome to all the new memebers, I hope you enjoy yourselves in your dreams and on the forum :grin:

:wave: hello spikyc, The_Gadjit and RhondaNicole :grin: welcome to LD4all
I hope you all enjoy your time spent on the forum. LD4all is a really friendly community of dreamers :grouphug:

You could post in helpdesk :grin: or even pm a friendly mod we don’t bite :wolfbite:
/me points to the 30 years and older link in her signature again :peek:

Hi, I’m new to this whole Lucid Dreaming thing, I haven’t had one yet, but hoping to have one soon.

Barky.

Hi! :welcome:

You’re HOPING to have one soon? I’m SURE you’ll have one (really) soon (Do A RC!).
And I assume you’ll be starting a DJ? Even if you have perfect DR it’s always good - Myself I noticed that ever since I got to know of lucid dreaming my DR is shifting constantly.

Hi everyone. I’m not really new to the idea of lucid dreaming, but I’m inexperienced in it. I’ve had two lucid dreams in the past, both when I was around 12 years old, after having read my mom’s Carlos Castaneda books and deciding to try it out. Since then I kind of got lazy I guess, and unfortunately my dream recall has gotten really low in the past 14 years, mostly due to a problem I had with sleep apneia. The SA is mostly gone now (quitting smoking helped), and I’m trying to improve my recall so I can take control of my dreams. My goal is to never be unconscious again. Needless to say, I need all the help I can get.

Hello all! Not exactly brand new, but haven’t been here in forever, and I’ve only made seven posts, so I don’t really belong in the I’m back thread! :roll:

Hi! I’m new here, but I’ve actually been invited by a friend. I’m not exactly sure what lucid dreaming is, but I’m more than anxiousto learn. :happy:

That “friend” would be me :content: :cool: so, we are both new :smile:

:welcome: hello Barky, proteales, trevorlsciact and Velvet Stars welcome to LD4all :grouphug:

Barky, I’m sure you will have a LD soon. Especially if you spend some time on here to get the idea of becoming lucid into your subconscious :content:

proteales :wave: I hope that you post your two previous LDs in our dream journal forum either in your own DJ topic or in the big My First LD Collection (sticky topic near the top)
To improve dream recall, i would definitely recommend using a dream journal, telling yourself you WILL remember your dreams before you go to sleep at night and also allowing yourself time to lie in bed for a short time when first waking up so you can gently remember any dreams that are just below the ‘surface’

:yay: welcome back trevorlsciact, I hope you stay around this time, improving your lucidity and making more friends. I think it is better to practice LDing within an online community than trying to do it alone.

And now you have your buddy so you can talk about dreams while you are doing other stuff too :happy:

Velvet Stars, I think you will be happy that you joined. lucid dreaming is an awesome experience and it is free :yay: I would suggest looking at the main site first which will explain about lucid dreams ld4all.com/guide.html
Once you are aware that you are dreaming … anything is possible in your dreams :happy:

Hello. I’ve been here for a couple of days and have already experienced an LD, however a low-lucidity one. It should count IMO. Whatever the case, I have successfully recalled several dreams and have learned much in a short time. Strangely, reality is becoming more dreamlike … except for when I’m at the track - then its all business.

I look forward to whatever else my head has in store for me.

I personally count all LDs as full ones, especially the ones not produced by WILD since WILD often seems to produce multiple short LDs in one night.

so you are more likely to question if you are dreaming and do RCs? :happy:

EyaknaD :welcome: to LD4all

Hey all,
I’ve visited LD4all several times in the past (easily the best LD-oriented site on the net) and have finally decided it’s time I should get registered for the forums.

I’m a 24 year old illustrator up in Canada who has experienced lucid dreams in the past, but all the ones from the past 10 years that I can remember I’ve woken up from as soon as I realized it was an LD. So many of my ideas are pulled straight from normal dreams - they’re an incredible resource.

My interest in lucid dreaming has been renewed recently as I near the end of the a personal project (my first book!). I’ve had a few dreams which included my cast of characters, and I’d really like to get to a point where I can “wake up” and stay there a while :smile: I think it would be so unbelievably cool to be able to “meet” these characters I’ve spent so much time drawing and writing about. To question them, hear them speak, etc… it blows my mind just thinking about it, hehe.

I’m looking forward to meeting you all!

Hi Troober :welcome:

So you want to have a lucid dream in which you can meet the characters you’ve created? Awesome :wink: Well, good luck :happy:

Hello everyone,I thought this place was appropriate for my first post.
I am new here(obviously :tongue:) and I’m really excited about finding this site.I’m 24 years old and I’ve had a few lucid dreams in the past but I hadn’t gone through the notion of practicing to have more.I’ve started doing reality checks to make a habit out of it now and will probably start a dream journal too,though I am usually very good at remembering my dreams.
Any tips for starters or just a hi would be more than welcome. :smile: