The Big "Hi, I'm New Here!" Topic - Part 49

Thanks for the warm welcome! :smile:

moogle, I might start a DJ here, but maybe just with my LDs… I don’t know if I have much patience to put all my dreams here: I usualy have a decent dream recall :grin: … but I’ve been writing them down on paper, so at least they’re recorded…
And I’ll go to that topic and tell my “story”, of why I’m in Brazil…

Slinking_Ferret, Waking Life is great, it talks about science, filosofy, religion, etc… not only dreams. I do recomend it! :wink:

Hi everyone im Johan from estonia. I’m a beginner dreamer.

Hello everybody, both new and old memebers!

My name is Mattias and I come from the far away lands of sweden. I study digital production and one of hobbies programing :smile: I decided to join this forum after I read a little on the internet about LD. Being able to LD seems like a pretty cool thing to be able to do, so that I don’t waste my nights doing nothing. My dream-memory isn’t very good and so my current quest is to improve it. I’ve already gotten myself a notebook which I always keep becide my bed while I sleep, so that I can record anything I remember in the beginning.

The thing that I want most out of LD is inspiration. I used to sketch with pencil a lot, but I feel like I’m having an artists block :smile: I thought that if I could have clearer dreams, my sense for art would get stronger.

Anyway! I’m here! I’m sorry I waited a day before posting in this topic ^^ There was just so much to read here.

:welcome: yohan & akranis to LD4all! I hope you have a wonderful time here! :smile:

Welcome mattiasdavis , yohan & akranis , i hope that you all have a wonderfull time on this site and make big progress in your LD carreer :yes:

Side note … as a beginning technique try MILD , you find a big topic about it in the pathways to lucidity subforum

Welcome newbies! lol

I look forward to reading all of your DJ’s and yes, you better start one! hahaha.
I agree with mattiasdavis, Waking Life is a very great movie, it’s my favorite. Everytime you watch it it’s a new understanding.

:welcome: hello Yohan welcome to LD4all
If you are still deciding what tech to use, it’s a good idea to read the “How to choose your Technique” and “List to all known techniques” topics in the knowledge base :happy:
It’s also important to make sure you have quite good recall too, probably at least one dream per night if possible. Keeping a dream journal can help with this :content:
Good luck, I hope you are telling us all about your first LD in the near future :happy:

:wave: hello akranis

oh :grin: any chance you may add drawings to your DJ in the DJ forum? Some members have done that in the past using free hosting sites for the images.
There is also Garden of Creation (for all creative work) or Fruits of Lucidity (the latter forum is for art/music/ writings that come directly from LDs)
I hope you decide to share some once you get inspired :smile:

akranis, Yohan Welcome :grin:
There are many members here from sweden :tongue:

Lord Syn has arrived. I have come here to figure out why I have Lucid Night Terrors and what I can do to change them. :cry: :help: …Most importantly…I need to figure out what they mean and why they happen. All of it rooting back to childhood head trauma.

:welcome: Lord Syn. I see that you have read my signature on Jack’s forum. Please take a look at different techniques and see which one you would like to try first.

my waking mind stumbled across a pathway to this place…

yet i do not know why I am here… I was gonna go through the tutorial but alcohol has clouded my mind and made me to impatient to read the text… there was something about introducing oneself within the gathering…

so hello!! i have yet to fill in my details, but the idea of communicating with others that exist as equals within the dream realms is encouraging…

if there is perhaps a noob arena; a sign would be appreciated… so that I may continue my journey there…

elsewhise, i shall to particpite in this nifty forum…

-Rare-

p.s. When I first logged in there was this say goodbye thread thing i looked at and my gut instinct imagined it was like, good bye to earth; that made me shed a tear…

earth is my home, i wish that many others would not leave her; then I realized that i may not know enough about the thread… so… i hope that none are expecting to leave our mother… for grass that may seem greener on the other side…

Welcome welcome.

I don’t think you need to worry about the goodbye thread, it’s more of a going on holiday than going to where you were suggesting.

As for a noob thread, apart from never hearing that word used on this forum, I’d suggest heading over and introducing yourself in the hi, i’m new here thread, which is one of the stickies in the gathering. merged in there now :content: ~ Q ~

Other than that, come on in, the water’s fine.

welcome to ld4all everybody! :happy:

:welcome: hello Lord Syn and Rare :happy:
I hope you both enjoy your time one LD4all.
A good place to start is the LD4all guided tour :yay: click here
it tells you all about the different subforums :content:

:welcome: to LD4all Rare!

Thanks for the welcome !! I will definately dedicate more time to reading up on the forums… This seems like an interesting place …

I used the noob word kindly as I embrace my noobiness, if I could I’d be a nubster forever…

Thanks again for the warm welcome!! I am looking forward diving in !

Hello LD4all! I’m Strinky, or Brittany - whichever you prefer. I’ve been attempting to have lucid dreams for a little over a month now, and have succeeded about five times. I’ve now run into a bit of a dry spell and had hoped that joining these forums would help to get me back on track. :smile:

I told myself that I wouldn’t be allowed to join here until I had completed the task of the moon. However, I’ve now tried to give my gift twice - the first time I couldn’t find the receiver, and the second time the dream ended before I could give it to him. I got fed up and decided to introduce myself here anyway. I look forward to getting to know all of you and contributing to the community.

:welcome: Strinky to LD4all! That’s good that you’ve tried the moon’s quest, but you can still keep on trying until you get it right of course. I’m sure that the forums can get you out of your dry spell :happy:

:welcome: strinky & rare , hope you like it here :yes:

@Strinky , it can take some time to finish a quest , but you seem to be very motivated and that is a really important part to getting LD’s

welcome strinky! :smile: It’s good you signed up now before completing the Quest, that way, when you have completed it you have earned your wings :grin: Good luck with giving your present :smile: